PDA

View Full Version : Earlywine Indoor Motocross Feb. 9, 2013

ATV On Demand
01-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Earlywine Indoor Motocross in Maysville Kentucky will be having their second annual three-wheeler race Feb. 9, 2013. Earlywines has a large wide layout offering plenty of passing opportunities, and the jumps are usually pretty ATV friendly. The track was just spruced up with a nice long whoops section to separate the men from the boys. Check out last years race from Earlywine.
http://atvondemand.com/index.php?page=videos&section=memberview&vid_id=101082

Earlywines is sponsoring this event by letting all three-wheelers race FREE, with the purchase of a $25 membership. The membership is mandatory for liability reasons.

Earlywine's combined their two rounds of ATV racing into one Saturday event this year. You will get to race two rounds, four motos, in one day. This will allow you to travel home Satyrday night, Sunday morning, or you can hang around and ride open practice on Sunday.

Last year they ran an A and B class where everyone found someone to race with. 200X and 350X guys could easily compete in the B class. If you have a rigid chassis machine you could enter the B class or the Pit Bike class, assuming they still run that class. If a bunch of small trikes show up, we could ask for a 70, or semi/unsuspected class.

If you are interested in participating, Please post back.

stroberts22
01-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I will try to be there.

TimSr
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
It was such a great time last year, and those folks really know how to make a visitor feel welcome!

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about1081.html

Tri-Z 250
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Wow, thats GREAT $25 again!...trust me you when I tell you this is a real nice faclity with indoor plumbing, consessions and pleanty of room to camp in your rig...It was a bit cold at 19* last year but it was fluke winter storm for them. Any NE Ohio guys wanting to group up....or NY, PA guys heading through PM me. We can load my rig, or I'll load in yours and toss a tank for the ride through Ohio. Camping was cold, so I'd be into splitting a room at the local motel(less than 10mins away from the track). I'd like to go back but I can't afford to do it on my own again...let me know. The Saturday 2 set race is great even though I was home before midnight and I didn't leave the track till late. Last year you could have worn a set of Trailpro's 1/2 way down with as much track time as the Earlywine's offered up for the $25.

85250r313
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
My son and i will make the race. we will have an A class rider and a B class rider. looks like fun!!!

Kintore
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
What time does this start on saturday AM?

rray62
01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I would say it would start between 11 and 12. This upcoming round says 11:30 and 3:00. I can't wait to check out the new design. That triple is calling my name!!!!!!!

Kintore
01-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Depending if there is ICEFEST this year, it is a 7.5 hour drive for me. REALLY want to come out and throw down some MX. I feel rusty and need to get back on it something fierce!

TimSr
01-10-2013, 08:31 AM
What time does this start on saturday AM?

Signup at 9, Practice at 10, race at 11:30. Alos open practice on Friday.

Details and link to earlywne's site here. :

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about1081.html

Eric250R
01-18-2013, 01:26 AM
450 not finished so no racing, but we'll be there to watch you guys throw down.

ATV On Demand
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Jessica should race the B class. The track isn't any faster then Trikefest, and the OTC guys play nice. MIght get her a little more practice for her runs at the Women's class this year at TF. We want to make sure we have enough racers to justify a B class, she would give us another racer to pout on the line. If Timsr can do it on a 125, she will do fine on her 200X.

ATV On Demand
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Over the past two months, Earlywines has made some changes, that should make racing more competitive for the three-wheelers. Most recently, the triple has been filled in, making it a large tabletop, so now we can jump as short or as far as we like. All of the jumps are now tabletops, with the exception of the last two doubles approaching the finish line. This could present some passing opportunities in the A class.

A couple of weeks back, they changed the section up after the finish line, putting in two rows of whoops, one on the inside followed by a step up double, OK that's one double I forgot to mention. Or, you can go to the outside where you nit a tabletop, followed by a set of whops with a kicker exiting.

Less technical means better for most of us, Sorry Rob, no triple for you

Latest Earlywine Video on YouTube

http://youtu.be/fzNW1DzBRWM

Eric250R
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Jessica should race the B class. The track isn't any faster then Trikefest, and the OTC guys play nice. MIght get her a little more practice for her runs at the Women's class this year at TF. We want to make sure we have enough racers to justify a B class, she would give us another racer to pout on the line. If Timsr can do it on a 125, she will do fine on her 200X.

if she can get that day off from work then she would probably be more than happy to race. As soon as she knows something I'll post up.

rray62
01-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Less technical means better for most of us, Sorry Rob, no triple for you

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! What sin have I committed?????????????????????

Eric250R
01-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! What sin have I committed?????????????????????

the trike gods decided to slow you down so the rest of us can keep up lol

85Tri-Z250
01-27-2013, 12:44 AM
I'll be there for sure! Love having it close to home

TimSr
01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
I'll be there for sure! Love having it close to home

Look forward to meeting you there! If they run both A and B classes, which would you be running?

Tri-Z 250
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
^^ Just my 2cents...if you have 2running machines bring em both if you can. Run one in A and one in B. The Membership and free racing....means you can enter as many classes you can fit into. Thow a mini into the mix and you could be switching trikes like Runway Model changes outfits. I'm sure the Earlywines would spread out the classes if enough riders show and want to do the same. I don't know if that effects any scoring...even if it would, with 2 machines. This is kinda what I ment when I refered to ride time, the oppertunity is there to get some serious track time.

ATV On Demand
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I think we will have two classes. I know of at least three B riders, plus a nice gate for the A class.

Yo 85tri-z250 Where from in Cincinnati?

Getting excited!!!

Eric250R
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
well, looks like we're out. Too many last minute things. But good luck guys, hope you have a great turn out. We'll be there to race for sure next year.

rray62
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
well, looks like we're out. Too many last minute things. But good luck guys, hope you have a great turn out. We'll be there to race for sure next year.

Crap!!!!! I was hoping you would be my camera guy :(

stroberts22
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I noticed they have a kill switch rule for the 4 wheelers so I'm thinking it applies to 3 wheelers also.

ATV On Demand
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
most likely, but I won't tell if you don't have 1.

stroberts22
01-31-2013, 07:38 PM
most likely, but I won't tell if you don't have 1.I wouldn't want to be the guy whos throttle sticks, bails off the back and the 3 wheeler ghost rides into the stands.

jeff57
01-31-2013, 10:39 PM
that would of happened to me a couple years ago at summit if i didnt have one, i went through emails with nikki from earlywine and they do require a tether cord kill switch.

TimSr
01-31-2013, 11:42 PM
that would of happened to me a couple years ago at summit if i didnt have one, i went through emails with nikki from earlywine and they do require a tether cord kill switch.

Every track will require a tether kills switch as a matter of liability. The only variance is how much they check or enforce it. They cost about $10 on ebay, or $15-$30 from a dealer. They take about 10 minutes to hook up, and I can help you do it at the track.

This is my wife's video of Jeff testing is tether kill switch the hard way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3WbLFjb0o

rray62
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
This is my wife's video of Jeff testing is tether kill switch the hard way:

And that's why I don't have one of those throttles on my dirt bike :D

jeff57
02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
happened at earlywine to with thumbthrottle was that pos carb i had haha

stroberts22
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I know that was scary. I had one stick and the 3 wheeler was doing donuts with no one on it for what seemed like forever. On a side note whos doing the fancy foot work on what I believe is a 110 at the 1st of the video. Never seen that technique before.

TimSr
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I know that was scary. I had one stick and the 3 wheeler was doing donuts with no one on it for what seemed like forever. On a side note whos doing the fancy foot work on what I believe is a 110 at the 1st of the video. Never seen that technique before.

That was TimJr on the ATC125M, and I was on the ALT125. We often raced those in B class to help fill up the gate. Here is the whole race including Jeff showing off at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFQRxu8SJ9U

TimSr
02-05-2013, 08:31 AM
I think Mark still has room for one more bike and rider if anybody wants to share a ride down from Rittman.

rray62
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
It was nice to see you guys again. Sorry I didn't get to race with you, at least Joe got it on film. I may go get an x-ray of the ribs Monday, they just hurt way too much on the 4 hour drive home!! Promise to return the favor and accompany you guys at Malvern or Medina Fair, and I'm sure Jeff will come too!

Eric250R
02-10-2013, 01:34 AM
It was nice to see you guys again. Sorry I didn't get to race with you, at least Joe got it on film. I may go get an x-ray of the ribs Monday, they just hurt way too much on the 4 hour drive home!! Promise to return the favor and accompany you guys at Malvern or Medina Fair, and I'm sure Jeff will come too!

oh no, hope you're ok man.

85Tri-Z250
02-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice meeting you too ya crazy ass, lol. Thanks for showing me and my father-in-law those videos....hope to see you back next year. I'll make sure my ARR is back together to join in the fun!

rray62
02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Nice meeting you too ya crazy ass, lol. Thanks for showing me and my father-in-law those videos....hope to see you back next year. I'll make sure my ARR is back together to join in the fun!

It was nice to meet you too, I just wished I'd got to ride!! Maybe some time you, Joe, and I can get together and ride.

Kintore
02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
yo rob, what did you do?!?!?! took a soil sample?

rray62
02-10-2013, 11:49 PM
I decided to do a "product test" on the neck brace they sent me, then halfway through the crash I forgot how pretty the trike was so I thought the best thing to do was be a human pillow so the bike wouldn't get trashed. One of those freak crashes, Joe will probably show the crash on the race video. May have fractured a few ribs, sprained wrist, jammed thumb, re-tweeked my knee, pulled or tore my left quad and my boots dug into my shin.

Kintore
02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
dang dude!!! Ive been thinking about a neck brace for awhile now. Maybe its time I invest in one for good!

Eric250R
02-12-2013, 12:04 AM
I decided to do a "product test" on the neck brace they sent me, then halfway through the crash I forgot how pretty the trike was so I thought the best thing to do was be a human pillow so the bike wouldn't get trashed. One of those freak crashes, Joe will probably show the crash on the race video. May have fractured a few ribs, sprained wrist, jammed thumb, re-tweeked my knee, pulled or tore my left quad and my boots dug into my shin.

hate to hear it but really glad it wasn't worse. You have 4 months to heal for trikefest good sir. See you then !!

TimSr
02-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out and putting on a great show. Results are posted. Photographer/videographer couldnt make this one but Im sure Joe will have another great video out soon. See you at Summit Indoors on Feb 23!

rray62
02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
hate to hear it but really glad it wasn't worse. You have 4 months to heal for trikefest good sir. See you then !!
It could have been worse because I hit head first, thank God I had that neck brace. You are going to try to make it to my place before TF? Everyone, don't make fun of the "interview girl", I was in a lot of pain and unprepared.

Swinger
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Glad your ok, well kinda ok I guess!

Eric250R
02-13-2013, 08:13 PM
It could have been worse because I hit head first, thank God I had that neck brace. You are going to try to make it to my place before TF? Everyone, don't make fun of the "interview girl", I was in a lot of pain and unprepared.

not sure, my 450 won't be done before TF so not even sure if I'm going to race. But I'll be sure to let you know in plenty of time if we decide to swing by.

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
get well Ray Ray!!

rray62
02-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone, here's an update. One rib with 2 cracks, another with one and one with a hairline crack. On a more positive note, at least I protected the trike from any damage ;)