PDA

View Full Version : 82 honda 110 rear right tire wobbles

bodydrp
01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I just picked up a 79 and a 82 Honda 110 for $150 today, the Guy said he cleaned both carbs and on the 82 he put new fuel lines and filter so when I got home that's the first one I started working on. I got it started and running within 20 min's I noticed after air up the tires that the back right tire had a wobble to it and the back axle has some play to it moving side to side. So my question is Are the bearings shot or is there any screws or something to keep it from moving side to side. And if the axle is bent is there anyway to fix it instead of replacing it?

fabiodriven
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Bearings are cheap and easy and axle can indeed be straightened.

Howdy
01-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Fabio is correct, but first you have to figure out what all is wrong first. The axcle moving side to side leads me to think axle bearings, how ever it is possible the axle nuts are loose.
Howdy

CodyRosa
01-05-2013, 01:20 AM
The axle moving side to side is those big nuts on the right side. There should be two of them together. Maybe clean the threads a bit(might be greasy) and then tighten it. My 200m had like 3 inches of play and that was the cause. There was grease on the threads so that shows they were riding it like that for awhile lol. The tire having a little wobble is probably that castle nut that holds the hub on is loose a bit. On my 200x I was spinning my tires on ice(not moving just spinning) and looked at the rear tires and saw they wobbled bad lol. Went to the garage and guess what I could take my castle nut off with my fingers. Wasn't even tight at all. When you rock the machine left and right does the back wobble a bit? If so bearings will probably need replacing. That's what I would do first just because my 200x bearings were junk(literally broken lol) and destroyed a sprocket in a week. Doubt your's is that bad though haha.

sledcrazyinCT
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM
swap the rear tires and see if the wobble changes sides will let you know if the rim is bent or if the axle is bent

jfaulkner02
01-06-2013, 09:27 AM
This is for the thread and CodyRosa, if by chance your castlenut (nut that holds the hub on) is lose than you need to check 2 things. 1st, there should be a washer on each side that go on before the castle nut. 2nd, if you look on the end of the axle, there are small holes. These are for cotter pins. Once the castlenuts is tightened, make sure you can see tue small hole through one of the gaps in the castlenut. Insert the pin and then bend the ends, so that it cannot come back through the hole. If you dont insert a pin, you will continue to have the castlenut go lose.

CodyRosa
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Actually faulkner I do have a cotter pin in mine and it gets loose lol. I'll try jamming a big one in there next time.

jfaulkner02
01-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Well if your castlenut is still coming loose, either the pin is too small or you dont have a washer behind the castlenut. It takes a sort of a fat washer.