PDA

View Full Version : Hooligan Snow Boarding

Badbmwbrad
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM
There's a huge hay field (many acres of relatively flat land) next to my brother's house. It has about 3 - 4 inches of wet snow on it. We received permission from the land owner to run my ATC-110 3-wheeler on the field for purpose of pulling a toboggan. That went OK but it was kind of safe and boring...

Then we kicked it up a notch; attaching a 15' long rope to the rear frame of the ATC and substituting a snowboard for the toboggan. Pulling the snowboard was a lot more fun. I put the ATC gearbox in low-range, my brother stepped into the snowboard and we took off; running along the snow covered field at about 15 - 20 MPH.

He had to use some body English (as did I) to maintain control. I was hanging off the seat and giving it about 3/4 throttle while we slid sideways through the turns.
What a hoot! This sure beats parked motorcycle syndrome (PMS).

M.Pargiello
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I have had this idea with my board, but my X is down for the winter for an engine build. Maybe pull out the P3

briano
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Yup, gotta love the winter time fun. A few winters ago there was a group of us out ice fishing and got the great idea to pull each other behind a snowmobile in a snow saucer. Each time you go faster and faster, then things get out of hand and you're sitting in an aluminum saucer going over 80 mph. Lol. We have done some stupid things growing up that's for sure