PDA

View Full Version : Small amount of anti freeze in oil after rebuild

Rickard666
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Just rebuilt my atc 250r replaced seals including impeller seals and the little rubber one on the pump too. After starting it and letting it heat up a few time I check the oil. There was a small amount of antifreeze in the oil. It wasn't milky. My question is could this happen at first because the seals are dry and not as swelled up. Any help would be apreateated.
Thanks

shovelryder
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Just rebuilt my atc 250r replaced seals including impeller seals and the little rubber one on the pump too. After starting it and letting it heat up a few time I check the oil. There was a small amount of antifreeze in the oil. It wasn't milky. My question is could this happen at first because the seals are dry and not as swelled up. Any help would be apreateated.
ThanksYa sure it was antifreeze?Was motor warm then cold over and over while you were working on it?Could be condensation? If its gaskets, it may seal after a couple heat cycles, but surely shouldnt have to take that much......Recheck torques....

Rickard666
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
It was cold then warm rapitaly when I was rebuilding it. I'll recheck the tourque around the case
Thanks