PDA

View Full Version : some progress

newfiebullet
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
so i took everyone's advice and cleaned the carb and tank and petcock...as well i got an air filter...dosent seem right...can someone post a pic of the airbox with the lid removed on an 85 yamha 200e?...anyway there is definitely some improvement, as well i pulled the plug out of the end of my muffler...not sure what its off but it was horrible....good news is now she idles decent even when warm does not sputter or die when wot and when decelerating.also found out the dude i bought it off had the little transfer hose on the bottom of the tank plugged with a stick??? think he was a moron.down side is with the muffler uncorked she smokes even worse lol ...i mean like unreal when its a cold start....but my rings did show up today so sometime over the winter ill pull the engine apart and replace the rings and valve seals...i can only imagine ill also gain some power back with new rings and no oil being burnt...its at the point now of burning a quart a day.i also have a newer full exhaust to go on with a better flowing muffler...kinda look like a smaller dynomax bullet with baffles in it.....so im hoping to be running like newish after thats done....then ill know for sure if the clutch is the next on the list for repair..... has anyone got a good air filter to sell? i do paypal. a moose or uni filter costs me like 40 bucks shipped and thats not happening....the filter that i picked up fell apart when i tried cleaning it.

1982-Honda-185S
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a good project man! Cant wait to hear more progress! Do you got some pics?

newfiebullet
01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
got a couple attached, lemme no if they dont work..its all i got for now im away working and dont get much time to work on her. pic order is when i got her, when i redid the wire harness and carb and now.....so far my work is as follows, also includes parts on order and by newer i bought used parts in much better condition
- cleaned carb,tank and petcock
-replaced plug
-replaced entire air filter
-new throttle and cable
-new rings
-new valve seals and top end gasket kit
-newer exhaust
-newer/striaght handlebars
-newer gas tank cover (mines split)
-new clutch friction plates and springs
-all new fluids
-painted the engine black
-newer front mud flap
-fixed front fender ( belongs to a 200m )
-cut the front rack to get rid of the giant dent
-replaced rear rack with a straight one
-and had to refurbish the headlight ( lens was dirty inside and bulb mounts all bent up)
-new handlebar grips ( black and yellow FLY)

i paid 300 and im into about 125 on parts so im happy...once i get the rest of the work done i should have a decent rig for myself....frame is all original no rust or holes or welds, rear fender are in great condition no cracks and shocks work great.rear end and hubs are perfect as well...so all the important stuff was good minus few things in the motor which i dont mind. the rest was cosmetic.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/critchy88/winter%202013/then_zps2e65932d.jpg
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/critchy88/winter%202013/workinon_zpsae2b7ca4.jpg
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/critchy88/winter%202013/now_zpsf5a2f9b5.jpg

1982-Honda-185S
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Yup i see them. She looks good man!

newfiebullet
01-12-2013, 06:05 AM
clutches and springs are in the mail as well as handle bar grips.....so next time i get at hwer there gonna be some major improvement i hope.