PDA

View Full Version : yamha yt125 help

jedster
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
So I bought a new upper throttle cable for my Yamaha yt125 and don't no how to connect it to the bottom:( can someone post a video or something by the way its an 83

old-yellow
01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
you need to completely disconnected the lower cables from the carburetor and oil injection so that you have slack in the cable to pull the cap off the cable splitter (black round thing in cable) were there will be a plastic white block with a black o-ring, pop it off and slide the old cable out and slide the new cable into the block and install o-ring put cap on and hook everything back up.

jedster
01-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Yea I got all of it on now but for what ever reason the plastic cap that come with the new one doesn't fit any ideas? I thing I'm going to grind down the in side of the cap

old-yellow
01-11-2013, 02:20 AM
there is two different styles for different years, what i have done is switch the caps on the end of cables, i heat the end of the inner cable up with a lighter (dont use torch) and pull it out the cap but dont heat it too much or you will pop the end off the inner cable and wreck it. heat it just enough to melt the plastic and pull it through then just put the cap you need on your new cable. good luck take your time

old-yellow
01-11-2013, 02:24 AM
have you checked that the end that goes to the thumb throttle fits because there is do different styles of them also.