PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x more power

daniels85200x
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I need mire power where should I start

Honda_ATC
01-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Start with a tune up plug carb clean and oil change if needed then start by filling up your tires with more air. These are cheap upgrades. If you wanna get in the motor put an exhaust on it rejet the carb bore it out slap a 12:1 Pistion in it put higher octane fuel in it check the head out replace valves if nessary and you should see some power gains!

M.Pargiello
01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
You will strip that kicker fast with a 12:1 from what I know

tri zee
01-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I would start with high performance air filter full pipes and jetted then take it from there or start to bore your cylinder

Honda_ATC
01-10-2013, 12:42 AM
well in all honesty rebuild it to stock the best you can rejet the carb put an exhaust on it and a good air filter, it will be reliable and pretty fast

Honda_ATC
01-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Ive personally done it a few years ago with out any issues with the kick start just depends on the condition of the kick start gears

fabiodriven
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Buy a 350X or 250R. Done.

daniels85200x
01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I just put a air filter on it which it didn't have I changed the oil tightened the rear axle put tubes in the tires and man this thing will move now! But got it runnin good now I broke the clutch cable

M.Pargiello
01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Buy a 350X or 250R. Done.

Nothing wrong with building a 200X. Sure it still won't be nothing crazy, but who cares

fabiodriven
01-11-2013, 11:14 AM
You really going to dislike my post? Let's think about this.

Sure, you can go ahead and build a 200X so it's fast. Dirtcrasher's 200X is probably about as fast as his 350X. He lives 10 minutes from me and we're very close friends. You know how often he rides that 200X? Never. Do you know why? Because it has really high compression, as somebody suggested this guy do to his, it's got a big carb on it, a huge cam, and big exhaust. Basically, it's a finicky pain in the arse and is not worth trying to go out and have any fun with because it's an engine that's pushed to it's limits. Not only that, but it's a smaller machine with smaller suspension.

So yes, go ahead and dump all that coin into your 200X and make it as fast as you want it to. Then deal with the smaller suspension, a smaller bike in general, and an engine that's being pushed past it's intended limits and will wear out and cause more (expensive) problems down the road.

Or you could spend less money and get a machine that is bigger, better, faster, more powerful, and more dependable.

Personally, I don't give a fawk what any of you want to do. The guy asked for suggestions and I gave mine. No need to "dislike" my opinion just because it's not the same as yours. Do whatever you want. Go dump thousand$ into your 200X or get a nice 350X or 250R and be done with it for less money. Doesn't matter to me.

M.Pargiello
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Haha, wow.

Little uptight? I don't have a problem with you. It is obviously not the answer to this post. Period. He asked how to get more power from a 200X, Not what trike can I buy to be faster than a 200X. So yes, I disliked the post, it is not helpful nor relevant. Get over it.

85drag250r
01-12-2013, 02:00 AM
You really going to dislike my post? Let's think about this.

Sure, you can go ahead and build a 200X so it's fast. Dirtcrasher's 200X is probably about as fast as his 350X. He lives 10 minutes from me and we're very close friends. You know how often he rides that 200X? Never. Do you know why? Because it has really high compression, as somebody suggested this guy do to his, it's got a big carb on it, a huge cam, and big exhaust. Basically, it's a finicky pain in the arse and is not worth trying to go out and have any fun with because it's an engine that's pushed to it's limits. Not only that, but it's a smaller machine with smaller suspension.

So yes, go ahead and dump all that coin into your 200X and make it as fast as you want it to. Then deal with the smaller suspension, a smaller bike in general, and an engine that's being pushed past it's intended limits and will wear out and cause more (expensive) problems down the road.

Or you could spend less money and get a machine that is bigger, better, faster, more powerful, and more dependable.

Personally, I don't give a fawk what any of you want to do. The guy asked for suggestions and I gave mine. No need to "dislike" my opinion just because it's not the same as yours. Do whatever you want. Go dump thousand$ into your 200X or get a nice 350X or 250R and be done with it for less money. Doesn't matter to me.

I agree 100%, I had a "built" 200X and a 250R or 350X would still walk on by it

daniels85200x
01-12-2013, 08:01 AM
The 200x is special too me I can remember when my father had one when I was young that he raced since I've grown up that's the bike I've wanted has far as a 350x goes I've got a 86 sittin in the barn the 200x is where my heart is!!!!!!

250sxman
01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
The 200x is special too me I can remember when my father had one when I was young that he raced since I've grown up that's the bike I've wanted has far as a 350x goes I've got a 86 sittin in the barn the 200x is where my heart is!!!!!!

If this is the case then don't ruin the bike by dumping tons of money into it to make it faster. Rebuild the motor, throw on an aftermarket exhaust and
Uni filter, get the carb jetted right, maybe change out the sprockets and keep it a reliable trike that will still have that fun factor. If you try to do too much it will more than likely become temperamental and not fun to take out.

Keep the 200x nice, as it has sentimental value to you, then save up for an R or 350x. You will be glad you did.

daniels85200x
01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I have a 86 350x in the barn just needs a lot of work

crjanow
01-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I had an 85 200x back in 1994 that had a high compression powroll piston,cam,exhaust on it. I had it jetted right and man that thing would haul for a 200 but it was so hard to start when it was hot. First start of the day or if it cooled down it would kick of easy but if you killed it and tried to restart it you would kick till you give out and nothing. It would roll off and start but you couldnt kick it off. Man I miss that old thing.