PDA

View Full Version : Shoot him again!

Scootertrash
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Bad guy gets what he deserves in Georgia last week:

Cliff's Notes:
Guy B&E's into a residential home with mother and two 9 years olds present, husbands on the phone from work, perp tries to get into their hiding place in an upstairs attic and gets ventilated.

6 shots

5 hits (which is impressive all by itself)

4 exit wounds

Hits to both lungs, stomach, neck, and liver. All "A-zone" hits. Any one of us would be HAPPY to get shot placement like that.

And the guy still had the strength to speak, reason, walk out of the home, and operate a motor vehicle (for a short time, at least). If he didn't lose his nerve, could he have smacked the three of them in the head with that crowbar? Given that he had time to do everything he did, I'm going with "yes."

That's five combat-effective hits, 4 of them full-penetration, with an adequate caliber handgun. And it didn't completely stop the threat. The threat decided to stop himself. Let that sink in for a minute.

And our democrat politicians want to tell us we don't need more than ten rounds, just a scant four more chances than this woman had. Against ONE attacker. What if there were two? Or three? What if it were dark?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/dramatic-911-call-released-in-intruder-shooting/nTrLK/

Home alone with her 9-year-old twins, a Walton County mother’s first call wasn’t to 911 when she heard an intruder. She called her husband.

At work in Atlanta, Donnie Herman dialed 911 from another phone.

Recordings obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution of two calls to 911, detailed the horrifying minutes of a burglary that ended with a mother shooting a stranger in a bedroom of her home. The emergency calls — one from an anxious,but calm husband and the other from nervous and stunned neighbors — give a chilling recount of Friday afternoon’s events.

“Just remember everything that I showed you, everything that I taught you, alright?” Donnie Herman tells his wife Melinda on the 911 tape.

“If he opens that door, you shoot him, you understand?”

The encounter, which has made national headlines, has energized the already hotly debated gun control issue.

Wednesday on “Good Morning America,” Donnie Herman called his wife a hero. She did what “any responsible gun owner would do,” Donnie Herman said on national television. Melinda Herman hasn’t spoken publicly about the ordeal, but her actions have many praising her bravery and others considering or reconsidering the necessity of handguns in their own homes.

5 COM (Center Of Mass) hits from a lady who was more than likely scared sheistless? All I can say is "Good Job Ma'am." "Good shoot!"

ETA:Apparently the local sheriff was told that she had "cheap ball ammo" in the pistol. Which is the basic ammo you by for plinking and target shooting. Ladies and gentlemen, if you are going to protect you and your family, buy high quality self defense ammo.

.45 Federal Hydra-Shoks are my choice:

ETA2: Apparently the bad guy had cased another house and found someone home before he ended up at this lady's home. ooops!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/cops-suspect-shot-by-loganville-mom-had-cased-anot/nTpkR/

300rman
01-14-2013, 11:16 PM
I like the Hornady Critical Defense, personally. You really cant go wrong with Hollow-Points from any reputable company though.

Scootertrash
01-14-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm about ready to swap out my ammo for new stuff. As soon as the buying frenzy dies down. Maybe I'll give your favorite a try. ;)