PDA

View Full Version : kdx 200--what do you think?

yater
12-08-2003, 05:09 PM
What do you think about the kdx 200? I'm looking at a '99 that's in really good shape but I've never owned one. I used to have a kx 125 and just got the bug for a 2stroke trailbike. Anything I should know?

mxc495
12-09-2003, 08:04 AM
The KDX 200 is a very good trail bike with a decent supply of after-market hop-up parts. One thing you may not like is after riding a KX125 the KDX will not have "a power hit" as strong as the KX. Because of a bigger flywheel weight the KDX will have a less-peaky, more flat power band. The suspension won't be like the KX either, it's more woods oriented. Overall the KDX is a reliable, fun ride though.

86waterpumper
12-12-2003, 02:55 PM
The kdx is awesome yater! I've got a 94 that i"ve had since 96 or so. Stock they are fairly weak compared to most mx bikes, but a pipe, rejetting, and some power reeds really wake them up. They are kick arse in the woods, which I know you like to ride. mxc is right about them not having a abrupt "hit" so to speak, but the low end power they have makes up for it easily. They still have a strong powerband, but it's controllable. What I like about them is that they are usually not very expensive, have plenty of power on the low end for the woods, and still have six gears where you can wring them out on a fire road or open area.

http://www.instinctz.net/waters/Toys/kdx.jpg

yater
12-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Nice bike Will. I just bought a '97 kdx 200 the other day and this thing is awesome. I paid $1700 which is much cheaper than I expected. I'm taking it up to Fort Worth over christmas to ride the trails up there. I've still got all the trikes and I'm not sure if I will keep the 200x. Thinking of selling it for a dirtbike for the girlfriend. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, I got an FMF gnarly for it and a power core 2 silencer. Nice bike

86waterpumper
12-12-2003, 03:49 PM
lol got ya a wild one there if she is wanting a dirtbike to ride, most broads want a nice utility quad LMAO. The 97 should be a nice bike. In 95 they went to the perimeter frame on the kdx which was alot nicer, but other things I think they did better in 94, such as the inverse forks. Ah well, can't have it all I guess. My pipe is a fmf as well, it boosts the power quite a bit. BTW that pic was when I first got the kdx, it is looking a little worse for wear these days, but still runs good!

ScottZJ
12-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Sell Out!!!
:D