PDA

View Full Version : 250SX winch mounted

Sapes
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Well I've been researching winches and mounting them on trikes for a couple weeks now. I ended up buying one off a guy I work with for $20. He won it at a social and had no need for it. Luckily my trike came with the 2 brackets which attach to the triple tree. So i just put a piece of shallow strut across the 2 brackets, and used spring nuts and 3/8 bolts to attach the winch to the strut. I've also been having a problem with keeping my spare 2 gallon tank strapped down to the rack. So I went down to Princess Auto (Canadian equivalent to Harbour Freight) and got a holder for $20. I also got a new rear tail lamp because the lens on my old one was broken. I thought it was a brake light, but I can only get it to work as a tail lamp. Is it a brake light?160863160864160865160866160867

Big G
01-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Looks good Sapes...but couldn't help but to notice that either my eyes are off or that winch is blocking the headlight? Shouldn't it be placed a little lower to the front fender?

dustrunner
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
the tail light is just that.. does not function as a brake lite.. ya, must be you dont ride at nite ?

Sapes
01-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Yeah I don't ride at night. Wasn't to concerned about it blocking the light. I will be riding by myself though and don't want to get stuck out in the middle of no where. Now that you mention it, I'll flip the winch so it rolls off the top and slide the strut down, giving the light more clearance. When I was installing it I was just thinking to keep it away from the front fender. Thanks for confirming that it's a tail light. Only a couple more things I want to do. I have a twist throttle on order, it should be here any day. I want to install a 200x front assembly, for the narrow tire. Lastly I want new tires. Kenda front max on the front, and either bearclaws or swamplites on the rear. I'm leaning towards the bearclaws. I'm looking for good mud and snow tire.