PDA

View Full Version : When you hit about 40....

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
I have always had excellent eye sight.

I've had metal removed from my eye a dozen times. He told me " when you hit 40 you need to get a regular eye exam."

So, 2 more years have passed and I cannot read small letters. 10' away, I'm fine. But I can't read anything small without a jewelers loop.

I have noticed my eyes getting worse. And when dealing with machinery, you have to see up close. So I got a magnifier that bolts to my machine shop tools and equipment.

Everything physically hurts more lately but I always had excellent vision/hearing.

Anyhow, I guess this is when I will need glasses. It stinks but I can't read fine print.

It just reminds me that I'm getting old :(

Sorry, just had to vent.......

tx200m
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
It doesn't get any better. Wait till you hit 50 .

Flyingw
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm 48. When I hit about 35, the hair on my head started sliding off my head to my back and ears. Eye sight is getting fuzzy, weak lower back, knees hurt, and I'm now diabetic. Getting old sucks. I want to be 17 again........

RIDE-RED 250r
01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Right there with ya guys. I will be turning 35 on friday. Over the last few years I have noticed that I am developing chronic shoulder pain (truck driving), eyesight is getting worse. I especially notice my eyesight issues when shooting open sight firearms, long guns or pistols and when in the woods hunting. I have a hard time transitioning from looking far away to up close. It seems like my eyes just don't change distance focus very fast any more especially when sitting watch scanning/studying the area for game. And my hearing is going bad (mainly due to my own foolishness when I was a younger man).

Oh yeah, and I'm having that whole hair sliding off my head and making a home on my back, ears, and other undesireable places issue too.. Started about 8 years ago in my mid/late 20's...

Getting older sucks.... I QUIT!

dustrunner
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
BEATS THE ALTERNATIVE DOES'NT IT...ITS ONLY A # im just happy i made it this far...

oldskool83
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
i get eye exams every year. mine went bad when i was 10 or so. once i got contacts it stopped changing and im almost 30. they make glasses contacts and lasick so its not the end of the world.

MIK6
01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
I hear ya about the eyes!
I know i dont heal as fast as i use to! My bounce back takes alot longer! LOL
I climb around Nuke Plants for a living, i can tell you i feel my age!

MIK6/ Mike

MRSOUND
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
BEATS THE ALTERNATIVE DOES'NT IT...ITS ONLY A # im just happy i made it this far...

This is my philosphy as well. @ 45 it isn't getting any easier but I hate to complain. Bought my first pair of "readers" 2 years ago. Aches and pain are more noticable and last longer but not unbearable by any means. Wife is ussally oh no I'm gonna be .......yrs old! I on the other hand am like Woo Whoo! Made it to another one!

jb2wheels
01-14-2013, 12:04 AM
My left eye is fuzzy but I can still see perfectly with my right @ damn near 44.

My dad is 72 this year. He went to Waynona with me last spring and rode the 350X for 4 days. He says, "Getting old isn't for pussies."

I need that on a bumper sticker.

El Camexican
01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
47 is a couple months down the road and everything hurts and is failing, but my life long near sightedness still allows me to read a vernier scale if I pull it a little closer to me face, glasses still let me hit a bull’s-eye at 600 yards with a peep-sighted gun, I can still go into the corner of a hockey rink with a 18 year old and come out with the puck half the time (the other half of the time I come out with an injury) but best of all Mr. Happy still works! The road of life is a journey that doesn’t have any U-turns. Make the best of what’s left and go riding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtTNK5HZ84A

coolpool
01-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the "I'm over 40 and I need glasses club" I went from nothing to tri-focals. It's no biggie, less headaches (in your head) and more headaches keeping track of them, cleaning them and remembering to swap them out when grinding.

I told my wife I didn't like her any more now that I can see....and that's how the fight started.

MRSOUND
01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
I told my wife I didn't like her any more now that I can see....and that's how the fight started.

Now that's funny chit right there!

El Camexican
01-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Right there with ya guys. I will be turning 35 on friday

First of all, Happy birthay if I'm out on Friday. Secondly, you are in for a rude surprize in 5 years if you think 35 sucks!:welcome:

atc007
01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
42 here. And I too count EVERY single solitary sunrise as a complete miracle and blessing. If anyone thinks things are bad,,trail me around to the hospitals I frequent week in and week out. And see 1st hand,the kids with no hair and a IV buggy strapped to them,the people with no legs and oxygen to breathe.. You'll appreciate those achy legs,,,because you have them. You'll embrace bad eyes,,because you can still see. I have sat front row to more pain and suffering than 1000 people should ever see,,,all loved ones. And it's only just begun. I Love the saying above,,,getting old aint for pussies.. That is so true. Embrace it !! I feel ya on the eyes DC,,I lost a lens out of my glasses Snowmobiling last Saturday,and I've been squinting every since. I have script shades,,,so now I'm seeing things black,or very blurry! Appt the 29th..

shovelryder
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Used ta worry bout age.....I dont anymore. My Moms been fighting the good fight with terminal breast cancer.....Diagnosed 5 yrs ago with just a few months.....showed them wrong!!!!Its made every cup of coffee the best Ive ever had.....I love chocolate, and chocolate is so incredible now.....it should be illegal!......Im living the dream, loving me and mine........Could always be worse.....Ill see 40 in March!

keister
01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I am a 1971 model, so 42 this year.
Eyesight is quickly deteriorating.
Recovery time after injury, drinking, or just a normal day keeps getting longer.
Naps are becoming more frequent and longer.
Blood pressure is starting to creep up.
It's all downhill from here boys. Good thing we have our trikes to keep us young!!

RIDE-RED 250r
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
The collective wisdom and experience here amongst "just a bunch of trike riders" never ceases to amaze me....

Carry on fellas! :beer

And thank you El Camexican! :beer

atc007
01-14-2013, 06:45 PM
The collective wisdom and experience here amongst "just a bunch of trike riders" never ceases to amaze me....

Carry on fellas! :beer

And thank you El Camexican! :beer

Me too..Aint it cool ! Some real sharp folks come around here..

Chazz of Blades
01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Look at it this way: I'm 18 and my vision is half of what it was 2 years ago.

CRAZY70MAN
01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
My left eye is fuzzy but I can still see perfectly with my right @ damn near 44.

My dad is 72 this year. He went to Waynona with me last spring and rode the 350X for 4 days. He says, "Getting old isn't for pussies."

I need that on a bumper sticker.

LMAO!! Thats exactly what my old man would say if he sweared. Get busy livin' or die.......... I am blessed to have better than 20/20 vision at 42. Yes there is such a thing. lol...that is how I spot all those deer when I hunt and the trikes in the fields as I drive.....lol.... The bones do hurt a bit more evry now and again but I try to keep in shape.........

jays375
01-16-2013, 09:13 PM
It does suck.Had to buy some better rifle scopes.Another thing is my belly blew up.Don't want to get glasses but gets tougher all the time,far sighted.

Dirtcrasher
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Whats going on here? 80% of us seem to be the age of 42?? :lol:

90guy
01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
The wonders that lie ahead of me. Everyone seems to enjoy it haha

tri again
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi fructose 'corn sugar', trans fats and tylenol are the
top few we've been exposed to.
Lots of these problems didn't exist a generation or 2 ago.
Dr OZ had a show that, well showed, wheat, in the last 10 years will spike blood sugar
more intensely than a candy bar.

Glasses? me too.
I think I jhave night blindness in the daytime.

Dirtweed
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Going to be 48 this May...don't know how that is possible. Had glasses since I was 12, but my right eye is getting better. Don't really need glasses now for distance, but
have to put them on to read close up.

JB2wheels I like the attitude your Dad has. Hell I've been in some kind of pain or another since I was a kid so it doesn't bother me at all now.
Just something different. The day I don't have any pain I figure is the day I'll be dead.

ps2fixer
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm amazed at how many people here grew up with the 3 wheelers, I figured there would be more younger ones because they don't have much money and normally 3 wheelers are quite a bit cheaper than a quad (how I got mine... and started it). I'm 25 now, started 3 wheeling around 20, left my quad to rot over a 84 200es because I never had to work on it, started easy, and was just funner to drive... Oh glasses, yea... since 6th grade, near sighted, but I'm happy to be, I work with small stuff all the time, soldering, electronics, etc, since being near sighted normally means you can actually see clearer closer up than average people.

sweetip2000
01-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Get the reading glasses from CVS . Yeah and as time goes on your eyes will get weaker. Plus the computer screens really do a major number on your eyes.
We are getting to be old farts that never grew up. That's why we ride these crazy machines. LoL

keister
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Whats going on here? 80% of us seem to be the age of 42?? :lol:

I was standing around the campfire one night at Trikefest and 5 (out of the 8) people were born in '71. Weird!

Dirtcrasher
01-18-2013, 08:57 PM
I was standing around the campfire one night at Trikefest and 5 (out of the 8) people were born in '71. Weird!

I'll be the 1st to admit that I sold an 85 and 86 200X when I was about 17. Got back into trikes in 1997 and I felt allot more safe on them that my 94 CR250. It kept making me crash :lol: Trikes are far safer I feel :D

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/P1000159jpg350XDraining.jpg

jays375
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Safer with scuba gear maybe.

Slingblade
01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
This is too weird. I sold my 85 200x when I was 19. Got back into trikes about 03.

And I am (you guessed it!)- 42. But I'm actually a 1970 model, be 43 this year. What is it with us?

I was dating my now wife when I still had that 200x, then when I brought that first roached out 350x home and restored it, she said "Uh-huh, mid life crisis". Ya think?

And yes, my eyesight is going downhill, had glasses or contacts for years to see far off, now reading vision is blurry, sucks. And I swear my left knee is 20 years older than me.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Yep 43 in July here!!

Angore
01-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Everything , for me , was in perfect working order 'till I hit 45 .
Now 46 & the only problem ( so far ) is having to wear 1.5 reading glasses to see chit up-close .

beets442
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Broke two toes,two fingers in 84',Dislocated my left elbow-88',crushed 2 disks in my back in 97',
broke my back in 01',arthritis in my hands.
I just got a set of Spec's last year.I turn 46 tommorrow,doing good and livin the dream.