PDA

View Full Version : I Bet My Week Was Worst Then Yours

ColtonGG33
01-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Hey everyone so this week has been one of the worst weeks ever
Here's my list of things that were horrible

1. My 15 or 16 year old dog (ginger) died:(
2. I either had a stomach virus or food poisoning and was puking for a day strait
3. Then my little 2 year old dog (Abby) died :( :(
4. And final I got the flu and it's horrible coughing up all different colored nasty stuff, coughing, super high
Fever, and more mucus

So if you thInk you can beat my horrible week just put anything down their in the box

Thanks Colton

kb0nly
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey Colton, from one dog owner to another, sorry to hear of your loss.

What happened to them? I can see Ginger passing from age, but Abby was only 2? Thats scary having two dogs myself. Did they both get sick or something?

If you got the flu get in and get some meds, its a nightmare this year, lots of deaths here in the Midwest due to the flu.

85Tri-Z250
01-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your dogs....If you're anything like me it doesn't get much worse. My pets are like my kids.

atc300r
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Sorry for your loss. I hope you get better quickly.

thestud25
01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Sorry for your loss. Were they treated for Parvo?

tri again
01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Why does it sound like you all got the same thing?

Any recent funigation? Did you guys eat the same food?

Hope you're feeling better.

so sorry.
I still cry about my female shep from 1986.

So bad, in fact, I'll never get another dog.
I could literally THINK things to her and never raised my voice
in 17 years.

so sad.

Hang in there and get checked.

Tri-Z 250
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Hotwater tank finally blew out...only saving grace was I bought the replacement back in August. Over the Holiday it took the better part of the day to sweat the new one into place. The firgerator died just before Christmas...looked at new ones and got sticker shock. I ended up with a scratch and dent returned Whrilpool and felt luckey to get it for $1650 retail new $2225. The weather was cold enough I didn't loose any food with a cooler outside. Oldladies brakes completly shot...the last shop never put neversease on any of the bolts or rotor contact to hub...beat the rotors off with a 5lb sledge, last brake the bolt that goes into the slider was put on with an impact and was cross threaded bottom one snapped with the help of a 3' pipe over the wrench to break every bolt loose. I never had this much problems with every bolt because a dab of goo(neversease) in Ohio it's a must.

Sorry to hear about your Dog...My Golden is nearing 12+ or so(adopted: we've had her for 10yrs) and her hips are in bad shape. She can no longer make it up off a tile floor. Having mistakes in the house has become an issue as well...Not sure how much longer she'll last, not that this is the frist dog I've put down but it will be for the twins(4) and sister(7). Gonna be a sad day soon, so I feel for ya man.

Honestly I don't feel like my weeks been bad...as it's kinda my luck. Life for me has a strange way of working itself out. I just try to go with the flow and adapt as I go along. I'm happily living in debt and thankful for what life I do have. Keep positive and keep moving forward; as tomorrow will be a better day and this soon will pass.

hoosierlogger
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I stubbed my toe on the bathroom door at 2 AM. I guess you got me beat. Sorry to hear about the dogs. They sure are more than just pets. Most people dont realize that till its too late.

kb0nly
01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
I call my dogs my hairy children... They are my girls, the actual kids are my boys... So i have three sons and two daughters... LOL

Too bad i cant claim them on taxes!

ColtonGG33
01-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Hey everyone yeah my dogs were like my babies ginger died of old age and Abby had gotten her lung punctured and died
About half an hour later the vet couldn't do anything about it but thanks for your support got some meds for the flu it's
Almost over but my hole family still has it and got it like 2 weeks before me but I guess the virus got weaker or something
Like that but thanks again for trailprotrailpro support
Colton

ColtonGG33
01-16-2013, 01:38 AM
And Abby just had a litter of pups but their old enough to eat food so I am going to keep a little girl so we never forget her

kb0nly
01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Man the flu on top of it...

I am looking at my older girl right now, shes almost 13, and i keep worrying about how long i get to keep her now. Going to be hard on me and the kids when she does go. So far excellent health, minor joint stiffness but to be expected. She has a good diet, exercise, still loves to get out and run her heart out. Hoping to have her for many more years. The youngest is only pushing 5 so she has a long time left as long as her health continues to hold as well. Its hard having pets that you outlive, but i'm sure you will find a way to fill the void. Not saying they are easy to replace, don't misread that, but we all have to find a way to move on.

rosbornejr
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Newbie... 1st post.

Hate to post on something like this but as a fellow dog owner as well, I feel for you.

It kinda sounds like a bad country song!