PDA

View Full Version : Remember that paper that published gun owners names? Well..........

Scootertrash
01-14-2013, 12:40 PM
One of the editors was sent a special package. No, not by me. Apparently someone took the comment "give someone sheet" literally.

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/journal-news-gun-permit-map-fecal-matter-mailed-to-editor-cyndee-royle-1.4435666

Police say someone mailed fecal matter to the home of an editor for a New York newspaper that has published the names and addresses of handgun owners.

White Plains police Commissioner David Chong says a suspicious package that brought out the Westchester County bomb squad Thursday turned out to contain "non-toxic fecal matter."

He said Friday the package was sent to a Journal News employee. The newspaper identified her as CynDee Royle, who's editor and vice president/news.

At least it was "Non-toxic poo":lol:

86T3
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Real mature way to deal with it, congrats to that idiot for propogating a gun supporter`s stereotype. And since im assuming this happened in NY, id like to give the sender a nice F U for wasting more of my money for a bomb squad to inspect his log. Hopefully he gets caught and has to pay for it all, thats how it worked when a kid at my high school sent a fake anthrax threat in.

Scootertrash
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Real mature way to deal with it, congrats to that idiot for propogating a gun supporter`s stereotype. And since im assuming this happened in NY, id like to give the sender a nice F U for wasting more of my money for a bomb squad to inspect his log. Hopefully he gets caught and has to pay for it all, thats how it worked when a kid at my high school sent a fake anthrax threat in.

As mature as publishing the names and addresses of law abiding permit holders to promote an agenda, or just because you disagree with a particular public policy?

So the stereotypical gun supporter sends poo to those he disagrees with? Where do you get this idea? Do you actually know gun owners that do this stuff? All of the gun owners I know are respectful, law abiding citizens who wouldn't stoop that low to get a point across.

How do you know it was a gun owner? Jumping to conclusions just a little?

Individuals on the left have been known to do crap like this (pun intended) to make it look like someone else was responsible. IIRC, one of Obama's campaign offices was vandalized during the 2008 election, the media went nuts blaming the Tea Party and Conservatives. It turned out it was some libtard d-bag who wanted the blame to fall on the Tea Party. Interesting thing tho, the truth was never widely broadcast, just a small blurb on the news.

If I remember some of your posts, you are a gun owner, correct? Kind of self defeating to blame one of your fellow gun owners when there was no mention of who may have sent it and no one has been caught.

Things are not always as they appear.

If it indeed does turn out to be an actual gun owner, I will be one of the first to criticize their actions, but not until it's proven it was a gun owner.

How about all of your money that's going to be spent investigating more robberies linked to the publication of the list of law abiding, tax paying, gun permit holders?:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/01/14/criminals-apparently-targeted-gun-permit-holder-exposed-ny-newspapers-in

A White Plains, New York home included in an interactive map of gun permit holders published by the Lower Hundson Valley's Journal News shortly before Christmas was burglarized on Saturday. According to a local CBS News report, in what was either about the oddest coincidence one can imagine or a direct result of that map's publication, "the burglars' target was the homeowner's gun safe."

They got no guns because they were locked up in the man's safe. You know, your stereotypical gun owner who is safe and careful about securing his weapons, despite what the media and left leaning politicians would like you to think.

86T3
01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
One of the editors was sent a special package. No, not by me. Apparently someone took the comment "give someone sheet" literally.

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/journal-news-gun-permit-map-fecal-matter-mailed-to-editor-cyndee-royle-1.4435666

At least it was "Non-toxic poo":lol:

Well, from the tone you used here joking about it you pretty much supported it. Yea, I have guns, but I dont support idiots and I dont like people making me look like an idiot because I'm in the same group as them. No, I dont support them posting the info in the paper either. If you cant handle a little criticism I suggest you quit trolling with all these gun posts and blowing a gasket when somone questions you. This is my last post in these threads, no sense arguing with people over the internet who re unable to take criticism.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, I don't know if it was a firearms owner who sent the "stinky-bomb" or not and I do not endorse that kind of behavior and tactic....

But I can say this, I think many many peaple in this country have had it up to here and are just sick and tired of being pushed around by a bunch of elitist politicians and media types.

There is only so much of this liberty stripping agenda that the law abiding people who just want to live their lives and be left alone can take.

I think the perpetraitors (spelled that way intentionally) should be very careful of the thin ice they are treading on!

Just one man's humble opinion.....

just ben
01-14-2013, 10:34 PM
I dont support idiots And here I thought you had my back :lol:

Scootertrash
01-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Well, from the tone you used here joking about it you pretty much supported it.
The smiley was for the "non-toxic feces" comment in the linked article. Did you read it? Where in my OP did I say anything about approving of what was done?

Apparently you missed this part of my post:

If it indeed does turn out to be an actual gun owner, I will be one of the first to criticize their actions, but not until it's proven it was a gun owner.

Yea, I have guns, but I dont support idiots and I dont like people making me look like an idiot because I'm in the same group as them.

They have yet to prove it was an actual gun owner, so you are assuming it was and claiming that whoever sent it is propagating a "gun supporters stereotype". Where did you get this stereotype? Do you really believe that is the picture of a stereotypical gun supporter? The gun owners I know and hang around don't do this type of thing. Do the ones you know do it?
No, I dont support them posting the info in the paper either. Good. I would hope so, since you are a gun owner

If you cant handle a little criticism
Where in your post did you criticize me? I see you criticizing whomever sent the poo, but not me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I suggest you quit trolling with all these gun posts

Trolling? This is an open forum. The majority of the gun posts I make are to keep my fellow trikers, gun owners, and hunters informed of the current developments with all of the gun control crap being thrown our way (including your state), since it appears to be important to others on this forum, at least judging by the "likes" and "thanks", and positive posts by other members to a large number of my gun control related posts. My guess is it's because we are all outdoorsmen in more ways then one. I've also made posts offering up my sponsorship for a 700.00 discount for those who may want to save money if they join the NRA to help support gun owners rights and the 2nd Amendment

and blowing a gasket when somone questions you.
You never questioned me in your first post and I never blew a gasket in my reply. I merely questioned your assumptions and your rather disrespectful stereotype of a gun supporter. A little sensitive aren't we?

This is my last post in these threads, no sense arguing with people over the internet who re unable to take criticism.
I take criticism quite well, actually. I've edited posts that were misinterpreted by others here and made apologies to others on this forum who have misinterpreted or misread some of my comments.
You may want to look in the mirror when you talk about those unable to take criticism, since I criticized your:
assumption that it was an actual gun owner when there was/is no proof of such
assumption that I approved of this incident by misreading my post
lame generalization that the person who did this was "propagating the gun supporter stereotype"
little rant about your tax dollars being wasted (see below)"investigating a log" as you so eloquently put it. (How do you know it wasn't a DQ swirl?)

You sure seem to be the one blowing a gasket after I criticized your comments

As far as your tax dollars being wasted: Shortly after the newspaper (The Journal News) posted the names and addresses of law abiding permit holders to push their anti-gun agenda, basically telling criminals where there are guns (criminals like to steal guns, since they can't legally buy them ;)), someone published the names and addresses of the employees of the Journal News. The newspaper requested extra police patrols around the homes of the employees whose names and addresses where published. Big tough guys until they are in the same boat. How's that for wasting your tax dollars? Do the published gun owners get the same consideration? Or would that be wasting your tax dollars too?

If the newspaper had left law abiding, permit holding gun owners alone, none of this would have ever happened.

Rather than direct your anger and frustration at me for posting the article, and/or a lone individual who may or may not be a gun owner that sent a box of tootsie rolls to a d-bag newspaper editor, maybe you should start sending a few letters and emails to your state and federal politicians demanding some respect for you, your rights as a gun owner, and your rights as a citizen, instead of trying to control what you own or do because of the actions of a handful of nutcases.

If you send nice letters, they may even start to believe that the stereotypical gun supporter doesn't want to send them a hot fudge chocolate surprise.

The only way to keep people active and informed about a topic to spread the information. If we would have had the internet back in the 80's do you think we could have prevented what happened to three wheelers? I do. I don't intend to sit back and watch law abiding, upstanding gun owners punished for the actions of an irresponsible few or a handful of nutcases. The majority of states don't have the types of gun restrictions that your state has and we don't want them, contrary to what the talking heads on TV and politicians try to tell you.

Congratulations on your new "freedoms":
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-sources-ny-has-tentative-deal-gun-control

fabiodriven
01-15-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't have a whole lot to add other than my opinion, and my opinion is that I appreciate all of Scooter's posting about guns and our rights as of late.

Thorpe
01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
It`s what you do best Mr. Trash .........you troll for an argument and then bend and twist peoples words like your doing a book report ! All in order to satisfy some red neck ego agenda !...............Don`t want be an American Id!OT !.............learn how to make your own ammo ....HIEL HITLER !:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:BounceHoosier Daddy:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Trolling? Trolling? (echo, echo??)

"Mr. Trash" I think you're alright... I wouldn't mind having a beer with you and discussing all the things wrong with this country... And the "Send a liberal a stink pickle" thats just good humor!

Scootertrash
01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
It`s what you do best Mr. Trash .........you troll for an argument and then bend and twist peoples words like your doing a book report ! All in order to satisfy some red neck ego agenda !...............Don`t want be an American Id!OT !.............learn how to make your own ammo ....HIEL HITLER !:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:BounceHoosier Daddy:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

:rolleyes:

Your post has no merit or basis in fact.

For your information skippy, 86T3 an I had a cyber beer this morning and acknowledged our little misunderstanding and also recognized we are both on the same team in general when it comes to gun rights.

Or did you make this post as evidence that we need to improve our mental health system?

P.S. it's Heil, not Hiel

Wash the sand out of your vajayjay, fill this out and send it to Oprah, she will review it and send it on to Dr. Phil if neccessary