PDA

View Full Version : "1982 volvo shihitbox left tire still has air"-$17

Lord Letto 20
01-14-2013, 11:06 PM
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1982-volvo-shihitbox-left-tire-still-has-air-W0QQAdIdZ440069220

*final update*
my adress was spread around the internet and last night a group of troublesome youth stole my car. the steering wheel and the gas pedal got stuck so they drove off the road into a ditch and hit a tree, and the heat was on so they were trapped in the car and passed out from the fumes. i found them this morning and let them off the hook, but the car is basically totaled now, but power started going to the rear right wheel as well. the insurance guy came and gave me a crisp 20 for the damages so the cars still for sale but i'm dopping the price to 13$ and buying myself a pack of jockeys. also when i found the car the hood popped open and i looked inside and saw that the engine block was very rusty as well. so take what you may, i have had about 17000 emails and my inbox is flooded so ill reply to whoever has the funniest email. thanks for your time people.

*for people asking why it's wisconsin plated, my step brother in law drove it here 17 years ago and it was basically dead when he got here. i gave him 16$(back then it covered a greyhound ticket) and said i'd work on it. he died while attempting to repair a bbq and simultaneously smoking a cig and since then the cars been left with me. i did my best to revive it, but my stepsister wants the car gone because its the last thing that reminds her of his determination.*

dec 16* i had people come from toronto and montreal to see this car claiming they would not ask questions. honestly the only way you can safely get this out is if its airlifted in a steel crate. the car starts on its own now whenever an internal metal part hits the frame so it's getting more and more dangerous as time goes on. the only valid use for this is to ditch in the woods or blow up in a movie(shouldn't be too hard.)
also, redditors and random people stop emailing me please my inbox is flooding and i may be missing legit buyers.

OK I'VE GOTTEN ABOUT *17000 emailS IN THE PAST 3 DAYS,
700 PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THE CAR AT LEAST 15 PEOPLE PER HOUR
MY TIME IS BEING WASTED AND NO ONE IS TAKING IT, SO PLEASE DON'T THINK YOU CAN MAGICALLY JUST TOW IT AWAY THERE'S ALOT MORE TO IT.
yes i said seventeen dollars
i am selling a volvo 1982, i am unsure of the model. used to be 4wd but transmission is garbage so power only goes to front right wheel. power steering fluid leaks into gas tank and exhaust fumes have started coming through air vents, so dont use the ac or heat and keep the windows down when you drive. rear suspension shot through the trunk about 7 years ago, and car has virtually no wheel alignment. Gas pedal sticks all the time so be careful. Used to be 5 speed manual but now only gears 2 and 5 work. reverse doesnt work, needs to be put into neutral and rolled. brakes only work on the right side, hand brake doesnt stay up you have to jam a screwdriver between it when pulled. body is rusted like crazy, i spray painted it last year though. springs sit through all the seats so you need to put a solid board over the seat before sitting on it. seatbelts dont work in the front passenger and rear left or middle. buckles were stolen. steering wheel sticks to the right side because of lack of powersteering, so avoid right turns. clutch pedal falls off if pressed too hard. car is a deathtrap dont drive it on roads.

update**15/12/2012
please be serious if you are thinking of getting this
i have had about 15 people come to take the car, with trailers and whatnot with the intention of scrapping it and none of them took it for the 17$ asking price. i had offers of 125 and i got happy and people came and left without it. you have to see it in person to appreciate how bad it is. no scrapyard will buy it for more than 10 dollars because of the extensive amount of rust and the risk of it spreading. furthermore, the starter is touching the body now and if a piece of the body from the front falls off it can prematurely start and the car can blow up because of all the unburned fuel that floods the engine. the third person that came to buy it gave me the money and started towing it but he hit a bump on the road and the engine caught fire. he returned it promptly after that.

***updaet**

i had a friend take a look at the car today. it was originally a v6 but the left middle cylinder is non existent and the right middle one floods with fuel if the car is overrevved. because of this it will probably not past safety but it still might be worth getting it checked out. gears 1 3 4 and reverse dont work because the previous owner was doing bad clutchless shifting and has ground them down to smooth circles. the window on the back door is starting to give in and may break through the rust soon but the plus side of this is that you'll have one more window open for ventilation. both steering rods are messed up. the rear axle has a bend in it so the wheels turn kind of lopsidedly (probably what caused the shocks to go through the trunk).
the catalytic converter was stolen today while i was at work and now the car sounds like a monstertruck when you start it.

driving:
we took it for a test spin today before i left to work and found 5 persistent problems.
1) often times, the car will stall. to fix this, turn off the car, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and start the car while doing that, rev to 3000 in neutral and pop it into 2nd right after. it should take off
2)sometimes, instead of stalling, the car will take off like a rocket. in this case, stop the car, turn the steering wheel all the way to the RIGHT, turn the car on, put it into 5th gear with the clutch still in, rev to 2000 and blast the heater then take off, it will be a bit rough but its only for a few seconds. once you start going MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE HEAT, and shift back into 2nd.
3)too much throttle response(ie 5% press=5k rpms) in this case, turn the car off while holding the clutch and gas pedal and turn it on the same way. wait about a minute while flooring it and then blast heat or ac for about half a minute. when you can smell something burning, turn off the heat/ac and you should be good to go.
4)too little throttle response. usually happens after getting too much throttle response a few times in a row. in this case, start the car normally, make sure heat and ac are off and keep car in neutral while doing periodic revs to 4k for about a minute. when youre ready to go, shift into 5th , go up to 20kmph and then go down to 2nd gear.
5) unresponsive brakes. this will only happen in emergencys so its fair to use this method. shift in one of the non functional gears (1,3,4, R) and floor it while pulsing on the brakes. pull up the handbrake and keep holding it or it will fall back down , steer to go off the road. after you do this, the car will not start for a few minutes and the engine will be sizzling hot. don't worry if you smell burning, this is normal.it is the powersteering fluid and brake line fluid and oil mixing in with the gas tank exposed to high revs.
*discovered on dec 15*
6) engine catches fire if the body is suddenly moved in some way. if the engine catches fire, shut the hood start the car and rev the engine. make sure heat and ac are off because the buildup of co2 and co will put the fire out naturally. once again dont worry if you smell burning its expected.
7)wheel axles shift around on sharp turns. by this i mean that the body of the car is in reality shifting left and right depending on the turns. if its stuck to the left and car is flipped over, push the wheel axles in until they look semi aligned to the eye and flip it back over. if the car hasnt turned over yet then make a sharp turn in the same direction that the car is leaning on, then opposite less sharp turns until it feels centre.
8) all lights become very bright and start flashing fast. the lights may flash fast (like 15 times per second) and become bright when the radio volume is too low. the front passenger speaker is the only one left, all the other ones were stolen. to fix this problem, turn the car off , turn it on, switch into A.M and go to channel 580. blast the sound for a minute and wait until the lights start dimming down and the flashing slows down. there is some electrical problem because of the stolen speakers, the last thief crossed the lighting wires and speaker wires in the process.

Damn Crack heads

Jeff B
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Wow... This has got to be a joke.... Wow.