PDA

View Full Version : More questions about this 350x...

Audio_Phill
01-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Since its wanting to run off higher octane than pump gas, the only next step for me is 110 as mentioned in my "how much power" thread... For those who didnt read it here's current setup.

12:1 .020 over wiseco piston
400ex carb running stock pilot (planning on moving to a 45) and 178 main, needle on position 2 with shim and fuel screw between 3.75 and 4 turns out.

uni pod filter directly on carb

Apparently a stage 3 cam

Im wondering about 400ex cdi upgrade I've seen mentioned around, found a good deal on an amr performance cdi/coil combo and its promising 30% more spark and claims a stage 3 setup...

Any info on swapping to a 400ex cdi/coil would be appreciated, looking to maximize the efficiency of the trike in its current setup, It currently has no problem with larger quads but I can tell theres more potential in it. It is difficult to start when cold but now starts first kick when warmed up. I can tell its not optimized, but I plan on trying a few more jet sizes before I'm set on carb, but if a performance cdi would be a worthwhile upgrade i'll grab one and toss it on then dial in carb as I figure a hotter spark may change jetting requirements a lil.

Audio_Phill
01-14-2013, 11:12 PM
also, does anyone know the pod airfilter ID needed to properly fit the carb properly, might order an angled one so that it fits better but im so busy with other things atm I cant get to it to measure :( lol.

Audio_Phill
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Some fun in the snow after three carb tweak, much beret but still a small stutter off idle to wot, pipe shows done yellow now so it's rich down low by my guess via stutter and color change. It's harder than ever to hold on to. Just about threw me of twice during some 3rd gear drifting when the trike grabbed traction unexpectedly. Still smokes the predator when it has traction sufficient.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo310/AudioPhill/trike%20pics/2013012095161325.jpg