PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatric drugs and violence

Scootertrash
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
This is one topic we haven't been hearing about concerning gun violence and just plain violence in general. This articl was posted on Forbes website yesterday. It was taken down and scrubbed after a very short time. The bing cache is now gone too, whatever the hell that is. I'm guessing it has to do with the ability to search up the article. Big Pharma payoff conspiracy?:wondering

(For what it's worth, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there sure can be some strange ummm....coincidences.)

http://heavenearthandman.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/psychiatric-drugs-not-a-lack-of-gun-control-are-the-common-denominator-in-murderous-violence/

These are just three quotes from the article. I highly recommend you read it, it is an interesting read:

In 2000, New York legislators recognized the ubiquitous and unambiguous connection between violence, especially gun violence and mass murder, and the widespread prescribed use of psychiatric drugs. Senate Bill 7035 was introduced in the New York State Senate that year requiring police agencies to report to the Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) on certain crimes and suicides committed by a person who is using psychiatric drugs, including assault, homicide, sex offenses, robbery offenses, firearms and other dangerous weapons offenses, kidnapping and arson.

The bill died in committee. Since that time, there have been at least 12 additional high-profile mass murders linked to the use of psychiatric drugs, about one a year. And, in virtually every mass school shooting during the past 15 years, the shooter has been on or in withdrawal from psychiatric drugs. Here is a partial list of 24 such horrific events that occurred since 1998, not including the Virginia Tech shootings and the recent Sandy Hook shootings where the authorities continue to suppress information about whether and to what extent the shooters were on or in withdrawal from a psychiatric drug.

These examples are not unique. According to the Citizens Commission On Human Rights International (CCHR), between 2004 and 2011, there were 12,755 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system of psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects including: 1,231 cases of homicidal ideation/homicide, 2,795 cases of mania and 7,250 cases of aggression. Since the FDA admits that only one to ten percent of all side effects are ever reported to it, the actual occurrence of violent side effects from psychiatric drugs is certainly nine or ten times higher than the official data suggest.

Tri-Z 250
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Not only the drugs supplied by a "rock-n-roll" Dr who believes much like everyone on them a pill can cure anything...My concerns not only are for the perk-a-set(sp) types that seem to be everywhere. Over the counter BathSalts being delt out as synthedic Cocaine...nothing further from the truth. These so called salts are Super psycho active man made chemicals ment to harm anyone who does them. Invented by and distributed by Harvard Graduates all for their personal greed. The loophole is the name given and the ablity(or lack) of our Goverments SPEED to get these guys in Jail and take the Salts off the streets. Much like Shake-n-bake meth labs which consist of everyday cold meds alittle this and that, shaken in a 2liter...wha la methlab. What kills me is the amount of these people getting busted are some how on Gov Disablity. They need to escape a life of not paying taxes or working for a living to be a productive part of societ? A hand out and pipe in the other looking for more. Now the Goverment wants to take the never been in trouble or arrested citizens guns and bullets away to control the violence. Begining to think those at the wheel are gonna soon see the rath of those who wish to seperate from Gov...I in no way condone this type of action but just hope the Govenner isn't standing next to me when it happens.

fabiodriven
01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin.

I have been fed up with our country and the direction it's been headed for quite some time now, but I am boiling over today. Gun laws, pharmaceutical drugs, taxes going up, and rights being stripped away one by one. All of this seems to be the norm these days. Our sheep are easily swayed by our government and are willing to believe whatever crap is fed down their throats without question. They accept it willingly, and our government counts on that. If they had to force their ideas down our people's throats, things wouldn't go as smoothly. They convince the public that they "want" certain things, and people will even fight for their beliefs that were instilled in them wrongfully by our corrupt government. It's a sad state of affairs that people in this once great nation can no longer think for themselves or question authority. There aren't enough willing to fight. Nobody can just pull back and look at the big picture, cause and effect, and what is really going on. They would rather believe a far fetched story from the news or a statement put out by a corrupt government official rather than form their own thoughts. And those of us who do are deemed "conspiracy theorists" or "nut jobs".

I will never understand why it is that the sheep of this country cannot get it through their thick heads that a huge percentage of man-made pharmaceuticals are just addictive poison. Everybody is on a pill for something. They ban marijuana, a naturally invaluable plant that has countless benefits to the human race, both medicinally and industrially, yet they crank out pills in literally countless numbers and pour them down people's throats at a disgusting pace. The pharmaceutical companies get insanely rich as do the politicians that they have in their pockets, and we get sick, weak, and unable to think for ourselves. "Unable to work" from some sort of psychiatric condition that the government pays you for and gives you their pills, fawk off... Get your lazy arse off the couch and get to work. The people willingly take a life living under the thumb of our government for the almighty dollar. They could make more and actually own something someday if they worked as hard at working as they do getting onto some sort of disability program. A numb mind with no initiative to do anything other than eat their little pills, never mind form a thought of their own or question anything that's going on around them. That's exactly what our government wants. You behave and you can keep having your little pill and juuust enough money to barely scrape by on.

Take a step back people, and look at what is going on in this country. Our rights are being taken away day by day. Our gun rights are on their way out now, our government is owned and paid for by banks and pharmaceutical companies and many others, and god is the almighty dollar. If you have the money, you have the power. Politicians do what they do for MONEY. They don't do what they do for the common good. That's an unheard of concept these days. "Doing things for the common good". It's almost laughable in this day and age.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that alcohol and man-made drugs are legal and marijuana is not. Tell me when it was you last heard any of the following statements-

"Johnny got locked up last night. He smoked a bunch of pot and went on a rampage. He beat up Sally but good and now she's in the hospital."

"Johnny's in the hospital. He overdosed on pot last night."

"Johnny totaled his car last night. He got really, really, high on pot and went speeding up the road and into a tree."

But I digress... I could go on with these all day, but I think my point is clear.

I recently got into a debate with the police station from my home town about marijuana. I would say I was amazed, but I really wasn't, by the reaction of the police officer and the civilians I was corresponding with. These people are completely 100% uneducated in this area, yet they still feel they're right because they've been programmed to think so. They throw all logic, any thoughts of their own, and any reason out the window to regurgitate the rhetoric they've been fed, just like good little sheep. The initial post was a link to a news story on the recent legalization of medical marijuana in the state of Massachusetts. The conversation went something like this-

JulieAnn Tucker- sadly with this there will be lots of problems ahead

John Fahey- Actually there will be less problems. The police, courts, and jails are all over burdened with having to deal with people who use marijuana. It's a waste of time, resources, and taxpayer's money. Marijuana is pretty much harmless and finally starting to be treated that way, which is good. Marijuana is all natural, it grows out of the ground. It is not addictive and you cannot over dose on marijuana, it's impossible. On the other hand, you can overdose on water and it can kill you. These recent steps towards making such a harmless substance legal are long over due. Our police can worry about bigger problems like drugs that actually hurt people and our courts and jails will have much needed space freed up for people who are actually criminals. Not only that, but legalizing marijuana will bring in taxable revenue for our state and communities rather than sending that revenue down the line to eventually make it into the pockets of a drug lord or grower who has to work illegally because of laws that are unjust in many people's eyes.

Stoughton Ma. Police Department- Couldn't disagree more. Almost all of our crime is drug related and a good portion of our violent crime is MARIJUANA related. You heard me right. Research the results in CA. and you will see crime spikes in every area where a dispensary has been set up.

Stoughton Ma. Police Department- FYI, if you find a first time marijuana offender in jail it will be the first one we've heard of, the "overburdening" argument? Also a myth.

John Fahey- So much of your crime is MARIJUANA related because it is, in fact, illegal.

John Fahey- Or at least was illegal.

Stoughton Ma. Police Department- Again sir, you are wrong, theft of marijuana that leads to assaults, malicious destruction etc. has nothing to do with it being illegal. It has to do with the culture that exists within the community of users. If you'll read what was written, it says VIOLENT crime. The fact remains, what we see does not support your argument. And BTW, it IS still illegal.

John Fahey- Right, and in case you hadn't noticed, people from all walks of life use marijuana. Young people, old people, black people, white people, fat people, thin people, males, females, and everything in between. So obviously you're going to encounter marijuana when you get to the scene of a violent crime because it is everywhere. You'll never know about the upstanding members of society who are using marijuana because they cannot expose the fact that they use it because it is illegal. So for every time you go to an apartment to respond to a violent crime and there happens to be marijuana in that particular apartment, there will be 10 more apartments surrounding it that also have marijuana in them as well. The difference is you're called to a scene when things go bad, not when things are going good. Many people are forced to break the law BECAUSE marijuana is illegal. They don't break the law BECAUSE they use marijuana.

Stoughton Ma. Police Department- Again, this will be the final post I make on the subject, but you're wrong. I am speaking specifically about crimes committed because of the presence of marijuana, not in addition to. You simply don't want to admit that we may actually have a basis of knowledge on the actual crime within our jurisdiction. This is not skewed. Perfect example, armed robbery and an assault to steal nothing but weed. If you think that will stop if it's "legal" you're not being honest.

John Fahey- Actually I am being honest and I don't blame you for bowing out of this friendly debate. You've already suggested that if marijuana were legal the scenario you referenced would never have happened. I didn't even have bring up that point, you did it for me. But just to reiterate, the scenario that you referenced would have never taken place if marijuana were indeed legal. I appreciate your time and point of view on the subject. Thank you.

John Fahey- By the way, when was the last time you guys responded to an armed robbery and assault where the intent was to steal nothing but alcohol?

JulieAnn Tucker- only people for it are the users

JulieAnn Tucker- nice degree mr fahey killing people

John King- Mr. Fahey I have heard a number of your points that you make before. The one that bothers me most is that it is natural and therefor should be considered harmless. Opium grows out of the ground too, but I don't see the benefits of heroin. As far as eliminating illegal drug sales, that will never happen. Drug cartel's make far too much money. Let's say the federal government allows the sale of marijuana and collects the tax money on it. The drug dealers will just under cut the government and sell their marijuana tax free, and for less money. They will not just close up shop because the feds are now taxing it. The drug dealers will still be on our streets, the robberies will still happen, and a great deal of harm will still be done. People smoke marijuana to get high. It is a mind altering drug causing paranoia, an increase in appetite, and slowed reflexes. Just because "everyone is doing it" doesn't make it right. I, as a law abiding (which means not smoking illegal drugs) tax payer don't care to see my taxes go down because of the sale of federally backed marijuana. To me it is just not worth it.

John Fahey- First of all, comparing marijuana to opiates is just stupid. They're in two different categories and "refined" opium (heroin) is made using ammonia and god only knows what other chemicals. It is cooked and cut and is intended on being addictive. It's users depend on it both mentally and physically and it completely destroys human beings inside and out. Marijuana is 100% natural and is not addictive, period. Apples and oranges. My second point is this- Under your logic, if marijuana were made legal and the drug lords still produced it for less, then there should be the same with alcohol and tobacco, right? When was the last time you heard of a big illegal alcohol or tobacco bust? It doesn't happen and never will. Why? Because they are both available legally. If marijuana were legal, you eliminate that "criminal" altogether. How will we have these "drug dealers" anymore if the substance they deal is no longer illegal? To answer Mrs. Tucker, my schooling does say "Killing people". I served in the US Army and was indeed trained in "killing people". I'm sorry if you find that offensive, but it's not intended to be. It may be ugly, but it's the truth. I served proudly in Iraq in '03. Although I am giving my point of view here, I am not saying whether or not I partake in any of the activities we are discussing here. I merely have my own point of view on the subject at hand. I've fought for our country, I've seen the world, and now I own a house and manage a business. Times are tough and I get by easily. Basically I'm telling you I'm an upstanding guy and I'm not stupid. To generalize an entire group of people because of something you're obviously not educated about in the least could in some people's eyes seem ignorant.

Bret Dixon- Marijuana is not nearly as harmful as alcohol. End of story.

If marijuana were legal, the value of it would drop so much that there wouldn't be any armed robberies of marijuana.

I know a lot of people that smoke daily for personal enjoyment. Normal, good, law abiding people (aside from smoking and growing). They are good people that just enjoy the high from pot rather than the deadly high from tobacco or alcohol.

Marijuana is the safest drug anyone could do. You cannot overdose and kill yourself with it. It is physically impossible.

When compared to alcohol, it really is a joke that marijuana is illegal. The medicinal value of it is very great, and for our government to blatantly deny that it has any medicinal value only makes me believe that someone somewhere was paid to make it so.

Stoughton Ma. Police Department- Addressing Mr. Dixon. Again, the numbers don't support your argument. Everywhere a dispensary has opened crime has spiked and in many cases it was because the dispensary got robbed many times over...for marijuana. To everyone else, I again suggest ending this pointless debate, those that use will never see any side but their own because it justifies their own behavior.

John Fahey- It is not just the "users" who see things the same way Mr. Dixon and I do. The people have spoken. The question was asked just a few short months ago and the votes were cast in favor of legalizing medical marijuana in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Marijuana has a wealth of benefits to offer the human race and has been used as such for thousands of years before our government decided to make it illegal in 1937. So let's take a look at those numbers. Marijuana was used for thousands of years with no issues and no deaths directly caused by it. It's also been used in industrial applications for many, many years as well. Now all of a sudden, our government decides to make this plant, which has nothing but beneficial qualities, both medicinally and industrially, illegal. After thousands of years of use. For 75 years marijuana has been illegal in this country after being used all over the world for thousands. Anybody who wants to make it seem like both my and Mr. Dixon's point of view is the losing side, or the bad side, should take a better look. Your peers, your family, your co-workers, your politicians, your police, were all at the polls this past year. Everybody voted on this subject and the majority is FOR the legalization of marijuana. If anybody here has a problem with that or wants to deny the truth, I suggest you take it up with the people of this fine commonwealth. The people have spoken, and my views are shared by the majority, not yours.

Scooter, I apologize for turning this into a "pro pot" thread. Lest anyone think otherwise, these are my views, not the OP's. I get all riled up about this crap and although a lot of what I've written has to do with marijuana, my intent is on trying to have people stop and think. Think about all the craziness going on. Why does it make sense to our people that a law is going to prevent gun violence? There are laws against speeding and murder but guess what? People still speed and murder! They don't take away our fast cars or swords.

Everyone's heard the phrase "Only in America". It used to have meaning and give hope.

Only in America will wars be sub-contracted out without question. They have a name for those people. They're called "mercenaries". Unless the government of the United States does it. Then it's OK.

Only in America will 300 lb people sit in their 8 mpg, $60,000.00 SUV by themselves and wait behind 10 other cars in a drive through to buy fat in a wrapper while the walk-in part of the restaurant is empty.

Only in America will fuel prices go up just for shites and giggles.

Only in America do people drink disgusting energy drinks that are made of god knows what and then take a pill to counter-act their ulcer, or in other words a pill to counter-act the drink they just paid for and drank.

Only in America will drug companies own our government while we simultaneously spend countless tax dollars fighting a "war on drugs" against a substance that is actually beneficial to the human race.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/486000_423927774351531_922933673_n_zpsbf17d22b.jpg

fabiodriven
01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/038647_vaccinated_children_disease_risk_unvaccinat ed.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/037445_marijuana_cannabinoids_autism.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/034631_marijuana_smoke_lung_health.html

M.Pargiello
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
I would have to fully agree with the above..

300rman
01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Speaking of Conspiracies, something over at Sandy Hook smells fishy. I have no doubt people were killed there, but things like video footage of them retrieving the AR from the trunk of the car, yet the medical examiner claiming the wounds were all caused by the AR's round.....but, the shooter never left the school after he entered.... Something stinks, wouldnt be surprised if the thing was a planned attack...

Scootertrash
01-18-2013, 08:14 AM
The gun removed from the trunk was a Saiga style shotgun.

whyzee
01-18-2013, 05:17 PM
300Rman , planned attack by who? Someone other than the killer himself ??????????:wondering

Flossyb20
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Well put Mr. Fabio - that's twice now I have agreed with you...the world IS spinning backwards!