PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie thread !

atc007
01-16-2013, 11:44 AM
So,,I rarely get a chance to sit for 2 hours,,too mention 2 hours without 3 kids needing something or someone else needing something. But having said that. I love movies when I can,,once a month or so it seems. Here are Some of my faves.

The Guardian,,, Costner and Kutcher,,Def one of my Top 5
Armageddon
Bad Boys 2
Days Of Thunder,,Corny,,but you can't go wrong with Duvall
Rain Man,,anyone who knows me,,well,this ones Very obvious.
Anything with Nicolas Cage,,Gone in Sixty Seconds
911 In Plane sight,If you are alive,,and you Live In The United States,,It is a duty to watch,absorb,and watch again. Nuff said
Documentaries,,I just love em all
Fire down Below,,,Segal is the real deal..Nuf said
Sweet Home Alabama,,,chick flick !??? Well,, I like it lol
Point of this thread?, What all am I missing? , Any good recommendations for the next time I can actually hold my eyes open 2 hours!? What do you guys enjoy?

ezmoney1979
01-16-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm a bit of a Michael Douglas fan, from "Romancing the Stone" to "Falling Down" and "The Game".
Also love "Terminator 1,2 and 3" for action films.
"Dumb and Dumber" and "Ace Ventura" are two of my favorite comedies, Jim Carrey is awesome!
I've been on a indie film kick for a while, lots of good movies you have never heard of out there.
If you havent seen "Donnie Darko" I highly suggest it, its a one of a kind film.

Mosh
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Heat- Al pacino, Val kilmer, Deniro.... this is a great cop flick, but alot of shoot em ups..
Good Fellas
My cousin Vinny.
Lethal Weapon's
Die Hard's
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Along with ones already mentioned.
Dirty Harry stuff
Almost any Clint eastwood stuff, including the "Any which way but loose" movies with clyde the orangutang...

For some obscure satirical comedy...

Best in show
Office Space
Joe VS the Volcano

IMO, about 3% of movies made anymore,(modern era) are actually worth watching. The new stuff is just way the heck out there.

I don't know why, but there is a slew of movies I have seen hundreds of times from the 80's and 70's I still watch almost every time they come on. Like Jaws,Karate kid, RAD..etc

ezmoney1979
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
IMO, about 3% of movies made anymore,(modern era) are actually worth watching. The new stuff is just way the heck out there.

I couldnt agree more. Especially "action" films. New ones are so overly saturated with CGI there is hardly any real stunts. May as well be watching a cartoon.

Flyingw
01-16-2013, 12:26 PM
My all time favorite movie is Kelly's Heros. I must have seen that a thousand times as a kid and I still watch it when it comes on the TV. No. 2 is Bad Boys II.

Mosh
01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Anyone who has been busting their butt to make someone rich for over 20 years in a rumdum existence of robotic behavior, or has argued with anyone "specifically over the internet" should appreciate this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLDMqPBeKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLKnAvzlg4

Scootertrash
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Heat- Al pacino, Val kilmer, Deniro.... this is a great cop flick, but alot of shoot em ups..
Good Fellas
My cousin Vinny.
Lethal Weapon's
Die Hard's
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Along with ones already mentioned.
Dirty Harry stuff
Almost any Clint eastwood stuff, including the "Any which way but loose" movies with clyde the orangutang...

I'd also throw in:
Legends of the Fall
Braveheart
Band of Brothers (not really a movie, a series, but great non the less.)
Any old World War II movies
John Wayne movies
Good Westerns

Etc. Etc. Etc

atc007
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
My all time favorite movie is Kelly's Heros. I must have seen that a thousand times as a kid and I still watch it when it comes on the TV. No. 2 is Bad Boys II.

I haven't seen Kelly's Hero's. Knowing your appreciation of the female form,,I assume that was a sequel to Debbie Does Dallas?? lol,,, See,,look at how many awesome ones I missed. Lethal Weapons,Karate Kid,My Cousin Vinny,,Great ones ! I love Love Vince Vaughn, Fred Claus for the family,,Evan Almighty,,Love Steve Carole? Spelling?

MIK6
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Boondock saints, the departed, resivour dogs..
every dvd collection needs to have blazing saddles and spaceballs!!!

MIK6/ Mike

bkm
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Man this is a hard one.

I'm not a religious guy per say, but I love the Ten Commandments with Chas Heston.
Big Jake-John Wayne
Shawshank Redemption is an all time favorite
Outlaw Josey Wales
Blues Brothers
Step Brothers
The Other Guys
Talladega Nights
The Burbs

Jeeze there is so damn many.

But my all time favorite is not really a movie, its a series, and that is Band of Brothers.

MRSOUND
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
^^^^SPACE BALLS! Hilarious blast from the past
Crossroads -with Ralph Machio (from karate kid) not the Brittney Spears movie!
Heavy Metal - Yes it is animated but love it and has an awesome soundtrack
Bourne series
Warriors - Old 80's gang movie probably considered more of a cult following style movie
Fast & Furious series
Top Gun
Hellraiser

Big Mike
01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Boondock saints, the departed, resivour dogs..

MIK6/ Mike

All Awesome movies Mike, as well as the rest of you some great mentions. Some of my Favs:

Anything Nicholas Cage: Gone in 60 seconds, Face Off, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Ghost Rider (little overdone, but still good)
Jason Statham (one of my all time favorite actors): Transporter 1,2,3, Lock, Stock & 2 smoking barrels, The Italian Job, The Heist
The Bourne Series (Only the ones with Matt Damon)
Dazed and Confused
The Matrix movies
The Green Mile
Bad Boys 1 & 2
Bruce Willis is another really good one: Die Hard series, Looper, The Whole Nine Yards, The Whole Ten Yards, Armageddon, 12 Monkeys

I love movies, and love to watch them over and over again

atc007
01-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Man this is a hard one.

I'm not a religious guy per say, but I love the Ten Commandments with Chas Heston.
Big Jake-John Wayne
Shawshank Redemption is an all time favorite
Outlaw Josey Wales
Blues Brothers
Step Brothers
The Other Guys
Talladega Nights
The Burbs

Jeeze there is so damn many.

But my all time favorite is not really a movie, its a series, and that is Band of Brothers.

That's what I'm talking about. Out of your list,I have seen, Talladega,And step brothers... That's it ! I have some catching up to do.

bkm
01-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Oh man lol, yes you do Bill. At least you've seen two really good ones.

Thorpe
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM

MIK6/ Mike

That's good stuff right there! Joe Dirt, and American History X are a couple more of my favorites....

90guy
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Let's see some of my favorite movies.
TED
Step Brothers
Gone in 60 seconds
Billy madison, WaterBoy, Big daddy A few goodies from Adam Sandler
Kicking it Old school
Superbad
Fast and Furious movies. (So fake but I enjoy them)
Trail Park Boys Movies and Show
Aliens films and predator films
All I can think of right now

atc007
01-16-2013, 11:26 PM
See,,,HOW could I forget Sandler !! I love everything he is in,and has a hand in. CLICK,being my favorite!LOVE Rob Schneider! Deuce Bigalow,,both ! Sad to actually think HOW much time we have spent on our asses!! Life is good...

coolpool
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Christmas Vacation, Joe Dirt, Napolean Dynamite, Happy Gilmore are some of my favorites. Has anyone seen "Fubar" and Fubar 2"? They are low budget Canadian films that can be compared to "Trailer Park Boys" meets "Dazed and Confused" Highly recommended if you know someone stuck in the 80's and never really grew up.

ezmoney1979
01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Has anyone seen "Fubar" and Fubar 2"? They are low budget Canadian films that can be compared to "Trailer Park Boys" meets "Dazed and Confused" Highly recommended if you know someone stuck in the 80's and never really grew up.
I have seen "Fubar" a few times. Good description lol!

TrickShot
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
My favs are military type action movies, as in :
The Tuskegee Airman,
Red Tails,
The Hunt For The Red October,
Crimson Tide
Men Of Honor,
A Few Good Men,
Pearl Harbor,
Behind Enemy Lines,
Plus many more I cant remember right now, :-)

keister
01-17-2013, 12:47 PM
In no specific order:
The Big Lebowski
Pulp Fiction
Fletch
Natural Born Killers
The Jerk
Memento
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Deliverance
A Few Good Men
People vs Larry Flint
Airplane

Jeff B
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM
To watch: Paint your wagon (Clint Eastwood western/musical.... I know, shut up)
To avoid: Irreversible (at any cost, awful movie)
To download/find on tv: The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Fum Time Hour. (This is the Trailer Park Boys next project, totally effed!)

bkm
01-17-2013, 04:14 PM
The Godfather, how the hell did I forget the Godfather 1&2? Part 3 can go to hell.

atc350xer
01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
In no specific order:
The Big Lebowski
Pulp Fiction
Fletch
Natural Born Killers
The Jerk
Memento
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Deliverance
A Few Good Men
People vs Larry Flint
Airplane
All excellent movies, and I'd like to add "The Dirty Dozen". Awesome older movie...

jrwebb8324
01-17-2013, 08:41 PM
The last boyscout. bruce willis.

El Camexican
01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
On Any Sunday
Forrest Gump
6th Day
Point Break
Gladiator
The Patriot
Terminator (1 & 2)
Shawshank Redemption
Independence Day
South Park (the movie)
to name a few...

ATC-Eric
01-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Excellent Movies in this thread. Gonna be back in here for suggestions the next time Im in need of something to rent.

To many good movies to list, here are couple contributions from me:

-GoodFellas
-Ronin