PDA

View Full Version : Using PayPal?

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
I use to use PayPal a lot several years ago. I was buying and selling ATVs and parts and making really good money at it. Then out of no where PayPal froze my money and my account. It took over a year to finally find out the reason. A friend of mine (at the time) used my computer and apparently he had a problem with PayPal. So they froze my account. I got sick of dealing with them so I just stopped. A few years later I contacted them again and they finally cleared my name and unfroze my account. By then I was so sick of it I just let it go. That is a long story cut down to give you the jist of it. I am thinking about using them again just because there are so many people out there who use them. It would be a lot easier for them to get me paid. So, is any one else having issues with them? I know back then problems like mine was common. But, they were a necessary evil so people just dealt with it. I am wondering if they cleaned up their act at all. I am real hesitant to give them another chance.

badass350x
01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Never had a problem with PayPal at all..

RIDE-RED 250r
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't do ALOT of buying/selling. But I have had a PP acct for 3 or 4 years now and have never had a problem.

wisconsinite
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I've had a Paypal account for years. I still use it a lot, never had a problem.

MRSOUND
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I use papal as well. No problems yet, Even won a dispute when I didn't recieve parts and they refunded my money

Swinger
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Ive used them for a few years now and any dispute I had was taken care of quickly. I had a problem with ebay and was even given a $10 gift cert for ebay. That may have just been ebay though but no problems with paypal. Just wish it was easier for me to move money from my bank to paypal instead of waiting a few days for it to clear.

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM
I did not expect to hear this. It sounds like they may have gotten thier act together.

atc007
01-18-2013, 09:40 PM
I have used them a ton.and have nothing but great things to say..Ebay,,different deal lol. PLEASE LOUIS,,,do it !!! lol,,,checks in the mail ,,,,

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2013, 09:47 PM
That is funny, I figured you would chime in. Man, I am seriously thinking about it. I know a lot of people prefer to use it. I hate evilbay as well. Maybe if I stay off of there I will not have any issues.

kb0nly
01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I have been using PayPal for about 12 years now, it went through a tough stretch when eBay bought them and combined, but i never had an issue with them though. I have one of their PayPal Here readers for my phone, i can take credit or debit cards anywhere, swipe and it goes right to my account. I also have their PayPal debit card so i can use my balance anywhere MasterCard is accepted, i also have a line of credit with them i can use if needed. For those having to wait 2-3 days for a bank transfer add a credit card to your account and set it as the backup funding source, then all transactions are instant because the card is the backup in case the transfer fails in a few days, etc.

I buy and sell a lot of stuff on ebay but i also do a lot of stuff on the side in my spare time, now anyone can pay me with a card thanks to my reader and app. I can also deposit checks to my PayPal account from my phone, the app has the option to snap shots of a check like some of the big banks do and deposit it in 3-5 days. Works great, it has totally pulled together all my banking needs.

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
That sounds like what I want. It sure is tough to trust them though.

rjs89ia
01-18-2013, 10:43 PM
They locked up my account like 2 years ago, I kept trying to pay for things and it wouldn't let me log on finally called em up and it ended up being a security thing from buying to much stuff from to many different places at once and I had to email them something with my name on it like a bill to verify that it was actually me. Then set up a new password and stuff before they would unlock my account. It was kind of annoying because it wasn't something I could just fix without calling them. I'd rather know that my account has that kind of security instead of getting cleared out though. That was my only flare up with them and I still use it on a regualr basis so I more than happy with them and nowadays I don't really feel comfortable buying things online without using paypal other than my bills.

Scootertrash
01-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Been using them for a very long time with no trouble.

But I created a separate bank account just for paypal, that way if there are any issues my "normal" funds are not affected. I just transfer or withdraw money from the paypal bank account and only keep 50-100 in the account at all times. It can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but my money will never get locked, save for the final transaction or 2.

just ben
01-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Someone hacked my account about 6 years ago,I had no Idea at all. Paypal called me to verify the 50.00 charge. They immediatly restored the funds to my account,I changed my password and have been fine since. A year or so previous a scumbag gas station attendant manually typed my debit card number in after I left the store (and after store hours) It took a police and bank investigation and 6 weeks before I was given the funds back or able to use my bank account. So I think Paypal is safe,alot safer than my bank anyway.

LonesomeTriZ
01-19-2013, 10:21 AM
It sounds like they have gotten better. I still feel it is like going back to an ex-girlfriend that treated me like trash though.

Howdy
01-19-2013, 12:18 PM
We have had a few hiccups with the site PP account when we did "Tickets". Other than that we haven't had any problems. I have 3 PP accounts and my main one is flawless since I opened it right after PP started.
Howdy

beets442
01-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Ive had mine for 9 years now, someone tried to access my account 5 yrs ago,PP caught it quick and now have the 6 digit security key.
I like how you can change ways to pay,but no problems since.

LonesomeTriZ
01-19-2013, 10:06 PM
I will conact them and see what I need to do to reopen my account.

rdlsz24
01-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I've never had any problems either. I have their debit card and it's sweet. I sell something and just leave the money in the account and use the debit card. No more transferring to my bank account and waiting a couple days for the money to appear

Rob

LonesomeTriZ
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
That idea I like.

Howdy
01-20-2013, 11:20 AM
I've never had any problems either. I have their debit card and it's sweet. I sell something and just leave the money in the account and use the debit card. No more transferring to my bank account and waiting a couple days for the money to appear

Rob

I have one as well. I get 1.5% back when I use it. It adds up quickly!!
Howdy

LonesomeTriZ
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I will have to look into that.

tri again
01-20-2013, 05:05 PM
I was doin' great sending guitars back to Sweden and my bank got sold.
Banks never tell you they're gonna sell so that froze my paypal.
Back then, there was not even a number to call.

FFWD to now, I called paypal, they said I owed them like 8 dollars
and happily reinstated after 9 years or so.
Bought some cheap stuff, laptop batteries, jets for gas stove just to 'test' it out.

Mine is hooked to a creditcard that also has fraud protection.
The even called me about the new, odd purchases, so that was ccmfoting.

Emailed $20.21 to my daughter in Canada and she got it no prob so I think I'm
pretty convinced I'm good to go.
AND they have a phone number to call.

LonesomeTriZ
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
It sounds like we have a similar history with them.

kb0nly
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
PayPal is more secure than some banks...

I too had a debit card hijacking. How the info was stolen i have no idea, i can speculate but thats it. All i know is my bank debit card was being used in the UK for train tickets and lunch somewhere, sounds like i had a good vacation... LOL.. Anyway they locked down the card, ordered a new card/number i had to wait a week for it to all get straightened out. My PayPal debit card got hijacked as well, but when charges started being made to it in another country it got red flagged in their system and denied IMMEDIATELY, the person using it couldn't even get a purchase authorization on their end. They called me, told me what happened, said they would monitor my account and to be safe they would cancel my card and send a new one OVERNIGHT to replace it. Can your bank give you this level of service?

I know my bank sure can't!!

LonesomeTriZ
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
I do not think my bank would do that.

Howdy
01-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I must have a good Local bank ( it is owned locally as well ). I accidently left my debit card in an ATM on Sunday. Monday at 8am they called me and told me I had left it in the atm. I had one waiting for me at the bank when I got off work. They don't pay squat for interest but the service is 2nd to none. I even had some charges on my account that I didn't authorize. I stopped at the bank and told them and they fixed it while I was there.
Howdy

LonesomeTriZ
01-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Smaller banks are like that. They cannot pay a lot if interest, but they make up for it in how they treat you.