PDA

View Full Version : Some 225dx help please

ColtonGG33
01-19-2013, 12:23 AM
So my 225dx has this weird little ticking sound after I shut it off it lasts about a minute and then stops so I'm not sure what that is also it doesnt have a kill switch on it so I just turn the key off will that do anything
to it? One more question, I saw a guy on this forum who did a swingarm extension and i was wondering
how I can do that
Any answers would be helpful

Thanks colton

just ben
01-19-2013, 12:39 AM
that is the noise of an engine cooling down, metal parts contracting as they cool.

ColtonGG33
01-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Ok thanks I got a little worried bout that because I had a couple bikes and they never did that so it was new to me

Jwmajic
01-19-2013, 03:57 AM
The way they are wired the key off position is a second kill switch it won't hurt nothing.

muthey
01-19-2013, 04:32 AM
You can't extend your swing arm on this model without having a custom driveline built. It is not a cost effective option, , it is easier and cheaper to extend the hubs and get smaller diameter tires on the rear. to extend the swing you would have to have a custom swing built as well because the driveline is housed in the swing arm.

ShaftDrive225dx
01-19-2013, 12:48 PM
member brd812 has a good example of what that would look like he runs the smaller tires... he replaced his hubs for the newer yamaha 4 bolt style and runs spacers as well! his bike is a beauty take a look at it so u can get an idea! On the forum there is also a yamaha owners group feel free to join it alot of helpful info there..... ive joined it u can get the link off my homepage if ud like.