PDA

View Full Version : Question: people posting excessively.

rusted
12-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Addressing http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=11493 this thread.

I like to BS and chit-chat. Is that what the Open Forum is for?

Personally, I don't care if the mods keep my post count at zero, but I don't want a ban! And I don't want to cause trouble, that's not my point. I just don't care how 'senior' I am perceived as. I just want to talk all the time. :D

So what's the limit here? Since I'm not trying to pad my post count, will that be perceived and I can just post away? Or will I get hammered.

I guess I should spend more time and get to know the forum, but I want to participate now so I'm asking.

Happy triking!

TimSr
12-09-2003, 09:18 PM
That was in reference to people who decided to take over the board and flood it like a chatroom with nonsense, and taking over nearly every post made and turning each one into their own chat, posting 30 or 40 messages in one night. There is a chatroom for conversation, and a message board to post messages. Just use common sense as to which is most appropriate, and common courtesy to others who use the board, and you wont have any problems.

rusted
12-09-2003, 09:49 PM
That was in reference to people who decided to take over the board and flood it like a chatroom with nonsense, and taking over nearly every post made and turning each one into their own chat, posting 30 or 40 messages in one night. There is a chatroom for conversation, and a message board to post messages. Just use common sense as to which is most appropriate, and common courtesy to others who use the board, and you wont have any problems.

Ahhh, IC. Nope, that's not the kind of bunghole I am, and I am one! :D

I'm just annoying, but not outright immature about it.

Bumb
12-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Oh I thought it was like thoes people who post like 6-10 post right in a row in the same topic.

Howdy
12-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Oh I thought it was like thoes people who post like 6-10 post right in a row in the same topic.

That can be considered excessive also, but not always.
In general if your posting a lot and most have No value to the thread they are posted in, then that can be considered Excessive.

If your posting just to be posting, or just to raise your post count that is a no-no also.

Now if you are posting a lot of Useful information in your postings, then your good to go. That is what we strive for. Usefull information could be a lot of things like: Good questions, Good accurate answers, or good advice to name a few.

I might add this: A bunch of questions that has been ask lately have been answered before. We have a search option that can help find the answers to some questions quickly. I use the search option all the time. ;)

Thanks
Howdy