PDA

View Full Version : What other company's do what tpc does?

corbo1
01-27-2013, 11:08 PM
And what's it cost

Flyingw
01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
None. Any other than TPC are custom one offs.

Eric250R
01-28-2013, 05:11 PM
tionesta trikes, owned by ATCTIM and thesnake here on the boards. Hall's performance also does coversions but not as often, and usually the aluminum dirt bike coversions. Contact Jason hall here on the boards. Both are awesome machines and tionesta has my 450 as we speak. Do a search for either to see there work. Or look at my avatar to see a TT in action at trikefest. :D

Eric250R
01-28-2013, 06:28 PM
oh, and I guess I need to add that tionesta and hall's performance will do more than just Honda. Any make you want. Tionesta also does more than 450s, they also convert 250ex for great trail riding. And one off jobs like helping zmpolaristech with his banshee powered tri-z. I was really wanting to do a yfz conversion but found too good of a deal on a honda.

zmpolaristech
01-29-2013, 12:13 AM
UpChuck racing and I have a jig in the works to build MORE Tri-shee's, I should have a solid price figured out in the next few weeks for just a frame, a frame with custom triples & inverts, etc...if thats something your interested in...

NOS_350X
01-29-2013, 06:49 AM
I think Tpc is the only one that has a production bike. That is a proven design that has been proven from bike to bike. Now im not saying none of the other conversions are good, but i have yet see anyone else build the same bike twice. I will also be willing to bet you will see TPC make more than just the honda 450 here in the near future.

I personally would rather buy/build a bike that is proven than build one out of spare parts i have laying around. Anyone can put something on 3 wheels.

As for cost of a tpc, the one i raced at Ashtabula and finished second on, was a $6500 TPC. They range from $6500-$20,000 depending on the budget you have.

Eric250R
01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Tionestas are production built, the only one that was different was the first. Tim raced it for a year to "test" it then changed to the design they use now. Race and trail proven.

corbo1
02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm more so looking to grave a 450r and convert it for the woods, what's the kit cost for just the conversion, and what's it really come with? Do I have to get foes my self?

fabiodriven
02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Look up TPC'S website. You'll get any answers you need there.

atctim
02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Anyone who saw my 450 roll down the Devil's Backbone at Trikefest and abruptly get stopped by a tree at the bottom will vouch that Ours must be proven. Considering I rode it in the MX and Drag races the next days - LOL. That is what I call "Proven"!!!!

We are actually not taking on any new builds at this point. The Snake is in the process of getting his own shop and that is where the manufacturing will take place. Kintore and I have identical models of 450s. Also - A non-member has one just like the 2 of ours as well.

NOS_350X
02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
So is Tionesta Trikes a legit company?? With business license and such? Or you just do this for fun?

I would never consider a bike "proven" by rolling it down a hill, thats like saying "Chevy trucks are better because they scored higher in the crash tests"

3 production bikes that are the same?? Im curious to see these, not because i dont believe you, but because i think i have seen many different versions of the 450, one at least with atc250r forks and the tank mounted extremely high. Then i also remember the another that i sat on at invasion, When i sat on it the handlebars i seemed like i had to strech out to (although i think im shorter than you so thats probably a huge factor)

Im curious how many race wins does your production 450 have? I think i remember the LTR having one, but i do not remember hearing about the honda "production" getting any.

IMO here is how i would look at it, a TPC isnt going to be cheap and you get a list of what you need to have to build it and it will be identical to the others. The TT boys will build to what you have get a honda 450 and they will do a good job to make it work alright for ya.

lucas1
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
UpChuck racing and I have a jig in the works to build MORE Tri-shee's, I should have a solid price figured out in the next few weeks for just a frame, a frame with custom triples & inverts, and a complete rider...if thats something your interested in...

im interested!! :p

atctim
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
We are not a company, never said we were - we are just trike enthusiasts with active imaginations and descent fab skills - we do it for fun!!!!!

3 production bikes that are the same?? Im curious to see these, not because i dont believe you, but because i think i have seen many different versions of the 450, one at least with atc250r forks and the tank mounted extremely high.

First one has 250R forks on it, however, the frames are all identical. Because we use standard sized 250R neck tubes - you can bolt on factory 250R front end, or custom made triples and inverts. This is by design you can do this. Some people don't want to drop $1000 or more for modern front end, so we thought it was a good idea to have cheaper options. Also, the first bike has an extended swinger on it as well as a hand made tank. That might be why the tank looks different to you..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/69438_464249662944_7475208_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/182688_10150108592847945_6437195_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/205064_10150249631493065_6651604_n.jpg

atctim
02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Here are some one offs:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/180839_10150108588467945_5721082_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/23817_336128777944_356230_n.jpg

The first 450 we ever built.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/17875_262405692944_1734460_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/32531_414619462944_4169246_n.jpg

And there is one more that is about to surface that will blow thy mind!!!! I can't release any details on it -except for it is the coolest, best looking trike ever to come out of the garage!!!! It is a collaboration between Jim Lahey Racing (JLR) and Plan B Racing. It's not technically a TT even though it was built at TT.)

zmpolaristech
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
And here is another one off (soon to be production) that came out of the Tionesta Trikes garage, in colaboration with UpChuck Racing, and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro-Fairy-Racing (me:))

NOS_350X
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
All 3 are production models that are identical?? Look at the point that the shrouds make, in relation to the tripple clamps... The top bike the shroud comes to the point below the lower tripple, The second bike is above the lower tripple. This indicates that the steering tube is in different location on each, And the last green bike the steering tube is clearly much further out than the other two. So much for identical models.

NOS_350X
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
We are not a company, never said we were - we are just trike enthusiasts with active imaginations and descent fab skills - we do it for fun!!!!!

Look at the title of the thread... So i think the simple answer is HRE and TPC are the only COMPANY'S that make trikes!!

atctim
02-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah NOS, I guess you are right

NOS_350X
02-08-2013, 12:25 AM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff223/motomanimal32/Pjne%20Lake%20National/DSC04531.jpg

:)

zmpolaristech
02-08-2013, 01:02 AM
All 3 are production models that are identical?? Look at the point that the shrouds make, in relation to the tripple clamps... The top bike the shroud comes to the point below the lower tripple, The second bike is above the lower tripple. This indicates that the steering tube is in different location on each, And the last green bike the steering tube is clearly much further out than the other two. So much for identical models.

Haha, your avatar says it all...

Look at the pics man...The first bike, has a fabricated fuel tank, and the shrouds have been cut at the back to match the cut rear plastics. The shrouds are down & back, probably to match the FABBED FUEL TANK... the green bike, its just the angle of the pic, looking DOWN on the bike, the rad shrouds don't hide the frame from THAT ANGLE.:rolleyes: Please, LOOK... AGAIN.

NOS_350X
02-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Actually no its not at least not that i know of, If you havent noticed, i havent been on any site recently. Not postwhoring, Just straightening things out about TPC. If you havnet noticed i own and race one.

Your calling me a douche? Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black?

rcurtis16
02-08-2013, 07:56 AM
just a question, why doesnt tpc change the 450r dirt bikes into trikes?

fabiodriven
02-08-2013, 08:35 AM
just a question, why doesnt tpc change the 450r dirt bikes into trikes?

A dirt bike frame is awful for a trike build for many reasons. Two real quick reasons would be they're too narrow and too tall.

thestud25
02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Look at the title of the thread... So i think the simple answer is HRE and TPC are the only COMPANY'S that make trikes!!

Man, I know you are just trying to support Bill and his trikes but to come on here trashing Tim and his trikes to get your point across is juvenile. We all know you ride a TPC and that is great, they are a well built trike, but come on we should encourage all builders and not trash those taking the time to make a quality product.

Mosh
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Guys. For the sake of everyone, just keep this thread to who makes what..Leave the BS off the board.

fabiodriven
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Just remember, we're all on 3 wheels boys.

NOS_350X
02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Man, I know you are just trying to support Bill and his trikes but to come on here trashing Tim and his trikes to get your point across is juvenile. We all know you ride a TPC and that is great, they are a well built trike, but come on we should encourage all builders and not trash those taking the time to make a quality product.

The question was "what other COMPANY'S" Tim admitted hes not a company and they jumped in the thread first. I also did not trash Tims bikes, i mainly stated differences between his bikes, and the difference between his custom build setup and TPC. I do support most people that build trikes, as long as the person building the bike is happy with the end result that is the most important thing. I will also admit and have before, I love the BANSHEE trike, I even told some people at pine lake i know i could win on that bike Im much more comfortable on a banshee than a 450. I would have beat Jackie with a banshee. Thats what i normally race is a banshee. I will also give them major credit with the ltr trike. I like that bike too.

fabiodriven
02-08-2013, 11:58 AM
That Banshee is absolutely fantastic. I will agree that I'm a fan of almost all of the trike builds, but Trish really, really impressed me. Enough that I may need to look into one of those someday. The only thing is I don't have a lot of places up here where I could use it. Still though, my hat goes off to McKane for that build! Uber clean, sexy, and FAST!!!

Tri-Z 250
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I would have beat Jackie with a banshee.

Now-now, I think the coffee's getting to ya. Thats just out-of-line right there:lol:...build your Bula-bunner, we'll see it on the gate.
Then you can check your laptimes to those of record...then we'll see who's faster. In racing I find a put-up approch the best
and with you already winning the race on a dream build. Maybe I'll just bring the camera again this year, and leave the Z at home,
so I don't miss the shot.

rcurtis16
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
yeah i thought that at first, but what if they changed the shocks, wouldnt it lower it?, and yeah they are pretty narrow

A dirt bike frame is awful for a trike build for many reasons. Two real quick reasons would be they're too narrow and too tall.

fabiodriven
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
yeah i thought that at first, but what if they changed the shocks, wouldnt it lower it?, and yeah they are pretty narrow

You're spot on. If you put trike wheels on a bike, the frame will bottom out on the ground before the suspension bottoms.

NOS_350X
02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Now-now, I think the coffee's getting to ya. Thats just out-of-line right there:lol:...build your Bula-bunner, we'll see it on the gate.
Then you can check your laptimes to those of record...then we'll see who's faster. In racing I find a put-up approch the best
and with you already winning the race on a dream build. Maybe I'll just bring the camera again this year, and leave the Z at home,
so I don't miss the shot.

Well i do race the pro quad class on a banshee. I honestly think if i didnt have the bike problems on Sunday i could have ran right with him. But second place on a bike that couldn't shift aint too bad. You allow me to shift and i would be on his ass.

Tri-Z 250
02-09-2013, 12:18 PM
NOS I thought the entire TPC Team showed just how dominate the TPC450 is all weekend. 1,2,3 off the gate into the bottle neck lefthander in the Sunday main looked like Team *****(ad your favorite brand) 2012' IMO. How about Brapp?? Guy who basically worked tirelessly all week for the TPC Team and(luckey enough) tossed a leg over for his frist TPC experance. Brapp showed better speed day 1, but lets face it he's not training to win races. I would rate him at an above level rider. He showed lots of 3wheel savey a true willingness to push hard. This +TPC450 equated to some fast laps. Halls Performance's bike was fast, TTrikes showed great speed as well(Jake's nasty get off was a huge set back). If anyone I want the Snake healthy for this year...he can push it.
To stay on subject:
If you want to see who builds the BEST 3wheeler to Todays standards? Might I suggest to you, come see them in person. The NatyBula and TF13' both great ways to gain your own sence of performance, stance and finish details. Most Builders will let you sit on the machine itself...(talk to you about the build)nothing better...except maybe a ride on any one of them.

Louis Mielke
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM

Yeah dirtbike conversions are terrible terrible trikes. this one has a dirtbike frame, totally just horrible.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/4021.jpg

look at how horrible the one looks on the right. the left one is a 250r frame (lowered for TT) and the right is a cr500r dirtbike frame (not lowered for TT) (seat height is lower than a trx btw)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/two500s.jpg

this ones a dirtbike frame too, omg why doesn't he just set it on fire, its garbage.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/450done1_zpsb978c0d7.jpg

socs28
09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Little bit of an old post, but I am wondering if anyone's conversions are using bigger tanks similar to the TRX tank in size for the everyday rider rather than racing?