PDA

View Full Version : Burt Reynolds

Dirtcrasher
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, many of us of similar age watched Smokey and the Bandit after begging mom and dad over and over :lol:

Burt is sick at the moment and I hope he pulls through......

Anyhow, if anyone has missed that movie, download it off a torrent and watch it.

I was miserable a couple days ago, watched that movie and I just grinned and laughed the whole time. It was great!

I hope you guys get to watch it!!

jays375
01-28-2013, 09:47 PM
It was the first movie I ever rented!This was when a VCR first came out.Went to the theater for the second one.At the time I thought a Trans Am was the fastest car ever!

sp8twn
01-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Love that movie!!

Slingblade
01-29-2013, 02:24 AM
One of the first movies that I remember seeing in a theatre. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and still do.

"Put the evidence in the car, Junior." Gleason was great. He's long gone and we lost the Snowman a few years back.

Get well soon Bandit.

MIK6
01-29-2013, 02:42 AM
"Transam.. what is your pleasure?!?!"
For some reason that is one of my favorite movie quotes! I love that movie!

MIK6/ Mike

dustrunner
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM
loved it... i could watch that every day.... RIP .....jerry reed and jackie gleason......

M.Pargiello
01-29-2013, 11:18 AM
That was the first movie I bought on DVD. The wife hates it :)

Dirtweed
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
"I'm gonna barbeque your a** in molasses!"

Best movie ever! Hope Burt pulls through.

Kintore
01-29-2013, 03:17 PM
"Daddy my hat flew off!"
"I hope you god dam head was in it!"

AWESOME movie!

Dirtcrasher
01-29-2013, 05:08 PM
^ :lol: The door gets smashed and the Sheriffs look on his face is priceless etc etc.

And the hat thing is entirely funny!!

(do want me to hold your hat Daddy?)

:lol:

DasUberKraut
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Jackie Gleason's best performance EVER!!!

RIDE-RED 250r
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
"If dey creamated da sumbitch, I'd be kickin that Bandit's a** around da MOON by now!"

I was born in '78 and amazingly enough being the redneck I am I only saw that movie for the first time about 5 years ago. Some REAL talent brought together in that movie!

Gleason was priceless!

You guys ever hear any of Jerry Reed's music from back in the day? He did alot of pickin with Chet Atkins. I still like to poke around youtube looking for Atkins/Reed footage from the old variety shows from back in the day. Those 2 gents have no equal when it comes to pickin a 6-string.

kb0nly
01-30-2013, 01:52 AM
I used to own a TA back in the days of yore.... T-Tops in the summer time, big block roaring, what a fun ride. Even had a big ole CB whip on it just like the Bandit.

Dang now i feel older somehow...

bkm
01-30-2013, 02:07 AM
"If dey creamated da sumbitch, I'd be kickin that Bandit's a** around da MOON by now!"

I was born in '78 and amazingly enough being the redneck I am I only saw that movie for the first time about 5 years ago. Some REAL talent brought together in that movie!

Gleason was priceless!

You guys ever hear any of Jerry Reed's music from back in the day? He did alot of pickin with Chet Atkins. I still like to poke around youtube looking for Atkins/Reed footage from the old variety shows from back in the day. Those 2 gents have no equal when it comes to pickin a 6-string.Jerry's version of Wabash Cannonball is my favorite by him. He was one of the best "Pickers" ever. And one of my favorite lines of the movie.

"The fact that you are a Sheriff is not germane to the situation."

"The God Damn Germans got nothing to do with it."

Junior- "What he say"

"Shut up, one sh!t at a time.":lol:

DasUberKraut
01-30-2013, 03:02 AM
"There's no way... No way you could come from my loins. Boy. When I get home I'm gonna punch your momma in the mouth."

"I'm not gonna tell you again. I have my young son in the car. I don't want to hear that kind of language "

RIDE-RED 250r
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Seems like I heard/watched/read somewhere that Gleason adlibbed much of his lines in that movie.

""You da goddamndest pursue-ey I ever pursue!!.." LOL!