PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Clutch

jdt
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
For a yamahauler. Its the primary clutch, and if i piece it all together its well over 400$ and i do not want to spend that much.

Anyone know where i can find good used parts or anyone that would have the clutch?

newfiebullet
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
is the whole basket toast or just the friction plates?

jdt
01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
It's the centrifugal clutch. The pads are shot and the basket is no longer circular and has a big groove dug into it. So i need the housing comp and the clutch carrier assembly. parts 1 and 5 here http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/4524-yamaha-1984-yamahauler-ytm200el/assemblies/129854-clutch

Howdy
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I will check on this tonight and report back.
Howdy

jdt
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I will check on this tonight and report back.
Howdy

thanks!! so um... have any luck?

Howdy
02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm trying to confirm something I might have stumbled upon. I did find a Yamaha assembly ( has some wear ). Something told me to look some more. I found a Honda assembly in another drawer. They looked the same. I have never even gave thought to the possibilities they are innerchangeable. Before I call this a swap out I need to pull 2 motors ( parts machines ) and see if they swap out. If they do and I can confirm this, it will allow me to find the best I have for you. ;)
Howdy

muthey
02-02-2013, 04:10 PM
I am interested in knowing about a swap out as well howdy, as this will make alot more possibilities for centrifugal clutches on the tri motos

jdt
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to confirm something I might have stumbled upon. I did find a Yamaha assembly ( has some wear ). Something told me to look some more. I found a Honda assembly in another drawer. They looked the same. I have never even gave thought to the possibilities they are innerchangeable. Before I call this a swap out I need to pull 2 motors ( parts machines ) and see if they swap out. If they do and I can confirm this, it will allow me to find the best I have for you. ;)
Howdy

thanks dude!!