PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha fuel pump question

nugget
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't know why my tri moto wont run this year.
Always ran great, could sit for 2 years and go. But now will start and run on a prime only and my fuel pump is suspected to be the problem.
Should fuel free flow through the pump and into carb ? It does. Pulled the carb bowl nut and it dumps fuel steady, and when sealed up there is no overflow or leakage any place, so I believe carb may have a clog inside? or mostly feel the pump isnt pushing hard enough if at all.
Should I feel a pulse on the hose end, from crankcase to the fuel pump when I pull the recoil?
Thanks for reading.

SGabe
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
not sure if this will help but maybe disconnect the line going to the carb and try starting it and see if the fuel flows more? Like i said not sure but it could help.

old-yellow
01-30-2013, 01:10 AM
welcome to the forum here's a link to a manual http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/ i would try cleaning the carb and then go from there. by the way i see from your other post that you own a 1983 YT175 trimoto.

nugget
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the ideas, I did pull the line from the carb last night and my pump does pump fuel when the engine is running.
Tonight the carb comes off for its bath, and we'll see if its plugged at all.