PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been here?!

JasonB
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
I was just looking at my info and it appears that later this year will make it a decade since joining.This is the longest I have ever been active on a single forum :lol:

How long have you been here?! :Bounce

shovelryder
01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
I joined in I think 07 as "rcflyer"..........Then was a lurker as I fergot my info after a puter crash.......reregistered a few months back.....Love this place.

MIK6
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
I was one of the first 25 to sign the guestbook on the original anglefire site! If i remember rite it was in 96 or 97!
September 2002 was when we changed formats, if ya see that join date were oldtimers.. lol
I remember the 1st chatroom! Remember planning the 1st trikefest!
ive seen ALOT of members come and go! Its a GREAT site for sure!!

MIK6/ Mike

Swinger
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
You guys make me feel like a newb, lol! I was a lurker for a year before joining

Howdy
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I was one of the first 25 to sign the guestbook on the original anglefire site! If i remember rite it was in 96 or 97!
September 2002 was when we changed formats, if ya see that join date were oldtimers.. lol
I remember the 1st chatroom! Remember planning the 1st trikefest!
ive seen ALOT of members come and go! Its a GREAT site for sure!!

MIK6/ Mike
I think it was Jan or Feb 1999 when ThreeWheelio ( RIP 2006 ) started 3WW. He started this site as a tribute to his 200x he had. he found quad sites, but no real 3 wheeler sites. Mike, I remember switching the site to the "new" layout ( our previous design ). I had to learn HTML in 1 week to help Billy out. That was a shock to my system. LOL The original site when I joined was around 35 pages ( plus message board ). In 2002 when we redesigned the site we had over 285 pages. I can't even count all the pages now.
I joined in September or October of that year ( 1999 ). There was only 48 or so members here on the site when I joined. mik6, Tim Sr, tri-z jim, G-Man, ThreeWheelio, were here. We sure had a lot of good times back then, still do.
The original message board had everything in forum. Buy, sell, trade, trikes, quads, bikes, cars, politics, jokes it was all in 1 forum. A busy week we would have under 100 postings / replies total. We sure have growed a little since then. LOL
Howdy

The first TF was great, no expectations just going for a ride. Who would have ever thought it would grow to over 50 people, then over 100, then over 200. I remember quite a few times at TF that people on bikes and quads come up to me and ask: "What the heck is up with all the 3 wheelers here?". Then a year later the one guy shows up with a quad and a trike. Good Times!!!
Howdy

Howdy
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
You guys make me feel like a newb, lol! I was a lurker for a year before joining

You are a Newb. LOL J/k
Howdy

RIDE-RED 250r
01-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I been here for just about 3 years but I have been riding and wrenching on these things since I was a youngster in the early 90's. I remember back in those days we had VERY limited resources for trike unique parts, I'm talking even back before Ebay. Now Ebay has largely become a ripoff IMHO, and thank to great sites like this and it's members it's alot easier and cheaper to get those harder to find parts I can't get locally.

There is one forum I have been a member of longer, Dootalk. First forum I ever joined back in '08. I seldom go there anymore because sleds have gotten ridiculously expensive to enjoy with high fuel prices.

3ww and 250r.net are my everyday haunts these days. Love em both!

Dirtcrasher
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Since Threewheelio and pickle were around. Around 1998.......

ColtonGG33
01-30-2013, 08:54 PM
i joined a couple months ago but i've been stocking everything for over a year :)

Howdy
01-31-2013, 01:14 AM
Since Threewheelio and pickle were around. Around 1998.......

Pickle is my long time friend and 1/2 shop owner. He found the site 1-2 weeks before me. He told me to join and answer some of the problem questions that wasn't getting any answers. After I joined I had to show him how to sign up. LOL
Howdy

M.Pargiello
01-31-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm too new :(

But I have ridden anything with an engine since the mid 90's

Lord Letto 20
01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
about 3 and a half years for me with 863 Posts (864 with this one), most of them is most likely to be in the Ebay/Craigslist (Kijiji) section, and I also had my only 2 infractions 3 minutes apart from each other 1 month and 3 days after I joined. I joined after finding out my brother had 3 Wheelers and riding his 83 Big Red for a bit and got in to them myself, that Christmas is when I received by Big Red. I remember it being the old format because I used to (and still do) go and look at Specs on the Page on the Old Site.

MyMistress86R
01-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Joined in 04. Went to TF05 with no ride. Shortly after bought an 86 250R. Trike went to TF06 with no rider and then we finally made it together for TF07. Haven't been back since. Made a lot of friends over the years then lost some of said friends and the trike. Currently sporting an 86TRX but looking to park another 86ATC next to it soon. More of a lurker than anything because I feel inferior to the gods of knowledge around here but I still love the community.

Mosh
01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Todd you wiley sob...long time no post.

I lurked since 03-04. Finally had my wife make an account in 05. Didn't have a trike at the time but rode a 200x and 225dx back in the early/ mid 90's. Tim Sr told us we should sign up and go to Trikefest back when thus place was completely different. We did and like mentioned we made a ton of friends. At some point alot of things changed. It's nothing like it used to be and I don't mean that negatively. But if you think it is a tight knit community now, it's nothing compared to even 4 years ago. We have lost alot of good people over the years in various ways. Even Trikefest has changed.

JasonB
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
ya I would have to agree the place has a different feel to it these days vs when i first joined. On that same note its been interesting to watch the evolution. Sad to see members pass and others fall of the face of the earth. But its nice to meet new people and get fresh blood in here too. That's life, things change. Trikefest has kind of taken on a mind of its own compared to my first TF. It seems like it has gotten smaller since 08 or so.... Its still a blast though, and meeting new people and seeing familiar faces is always a blast! Cant wait for this years TF!!!!

3Queen
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I came to 3WW in 2011, but started to meet people from the site in 2012, It was the people that pulled me in to 3WW all so nice, and funny is not the word for it!!! Can not wait for trikefest, just to see all the people I meet last year and ride with them, and party with them again.. :w00t:

ChrisD
01-31-2013, 07:30 PM
I too am an old timer. I contacted Tim in the late 90's when I saw a picture of a 250R with a short track tank. I was looking for one then. Unfortunately, the picture was one that he found on the net. Later on JohnR found 2 of them.

Eric250R
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Been around since 2000, although I was active in the chatrooms, didn't officially join til 06.

ctk
02-01-2013, 01:56 AM
I joined / years becoe my join date under this name. My computer crashed and lost all my info. Re joined under this name

SPD FRK
02-01-2013, 03:43 AM
LurkLurkLurk:Join Date 09-07-2004:LurkLurkLurk

My dad always said, If you got nothing to add then shut the hell up.
My dad was a jerk but it's sound advice.