PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor issues!

travis103192
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
So I have a 1985 Honda 250sx and it ran great for the first 3 months I had it, but it kinda chugged a little after a little while and was concerned, so I checked things out and found that the boot connecting from the carb to the air box wasn't even connected to the carb and was just rubbing against the outside. That was adjusted and I wanted to see if my carb was really dirty from riding the tracks which it was, and I also noticed the pilot screw looked a little bent, I found that it was kinda corroded in there while cleaning the carb out, I cleaned everything up and ran normal once again. I later went on a 25 mile ride back to my mom's house but stopped at my girlfriends house right in between since I noticed it was acting really funny, I looked and saw that my pilot screw was completely gone and would only run if it kept getting throttle. I ended up not even looking for just a new pilot screw and just bought a whole new moose rebuild kit for it from dennis kirk for the price of about $20, I got the kit and began to replace things, I figured why not replace everything I can while its here except for the needle jet and the third jet in the bowl that doesn't have any threads in itit which I don't actually know what it's called, my step dad insisted on replacing it... with a chisel?!?!? I didn't really seem to realize what just happened since I was just appalled by the sheer stupiness that happened so quick. The tip of the chisel broke inside of the and mushroomed everything out beyond repair I then had to buy a used carb in decent condition from a salvage shop and replaced everything the way I did before without letting him try to get involved. Everything got replaced as should have been and cleaned but I left the jet needle and that other jet ( the one that was destroyed ) alone put it back together and gave it a shot. she ran fine and all of the sudden flooded out and now if there is gas on it floods, I have to figure something out since I opened that thing up and checked and cleaned everything about 5 Times now and still floods. I checked the float and float valve each time and everything is clean an there are no scratches and I'm pretty sure it's clean after many cleanings, maybe I have the jets to loose or tight, I need specs for how many turns for each jet since my book doesn't tell me that. someone please help me, I am also getting a new air box complete setup for it and should be here tomorrow. thanks for any help.

Flyingw
01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
See your other thread...