PDA

View Full Version : 1981 250R part out - Works, DG, NASA ** Potential scam **

nitrodude81r
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately I am trying to attend college and have to sell a bunch of my stuff to help pay, after alot of thinking I have decided to part this one out.

1. Works Shock
2. DG cool head
3. DG boost bottle
4. DG pipe
5. DG silencer
6. NASA +5 extended axle
7. 34mm flatslide carb
8. Twist throttle
9. Aluminum Rims (set of 3)
10. Engine - .30 over, needs to be gone through, 130 psi (service limit is 128 I believe)
11. Brand New Barnett clutch kit
12. Brand New Hot Rods connecting rod kit
13. full gasket set
14. Brand new .40 over Wiseco piston kit
15. Stock pipe
16. Maier Vented front fender
17. Tank (inside has been coated in Red-Kote)
18. 83-84 parts bottom end
19. 83-84 .20 over cylinder (needs bore)
20. Boyesen Rad Valve ( trx 250r/cr250)
21. Headlight Assembly
22. Headlight guard
23. Frame (all original, light surface rust in spots)
24. Haynes 250R manual

Anything else you need just ask and I may have it.

Yamahajake
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
how much for complete front brake set up and the manual?

Yamaha_Rules69
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Is that flat slide carb a keihin or a Mikuni, and price? Also price for Rad valve please.

Xowner
01-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Rear shock price? does it have the reservoir built into it

nitrodude81r
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
PM`s sent.

Shorty
02-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Price on the DG head?

Shorty:D

nik0708
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Pm sent on the axle

Yamahajake
02-01-2013, 09:25 PM
nitrodude81r it wont let me respond to your pm if thats the complete brake assemble master, hose, and caliper yes i will take both give me an address

nitrodude81r
02-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Heres a pic of the Rad Valve

Also have the reed spacer for sale as well

Yamahajake
02-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Did you get my money for brake set up and manual?

Yamahajake
02-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Also how much for the carb? and do you have a thunb throttle?

nitrodude81r
02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Pm sent. Bump

nik0708
02-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Do you still have the axle??
I sent you a PM over a week ago
Nick

02-07-2013, 08:40 AM
do you still have the dg head i sent you a pm about it.

nicker71
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Has anyone else that has bought parts from nitrodude81R, not received them yet??? He seem to still be selling parts that someone else (me) have already bought. I paid for the DG head last friday, but he seems to still been trying to sell it by using PMs. He wont return my PM's either. Please post what you have paid for so we can figure this out.

Nick

pipeline triker
02-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I paid for the pipe and tip last week and have not heard from him since,

Yamahajake
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
i paid for the brake asssembly and the manual and he told me he shipped it, havent seen it?

02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I am the other person that nitrodude is trying to sell the DG head to. But nicker71 bought it two days before i even noticed the thread so something fishy is going on here and hopefully nitrodude will come on here and explain himself because this isnt right.

manbearpig
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM
im not necessarily standing up for nitrodude81, as i too have bought something from him in this little "fiasco", but hes been a semi active member over on af.com and here for 4 years now. hes submitted more than a scammer would to here, af.com, and the community. this including videos, 3 years worth of responses to threads, and appearances at trikefest. seems like someone trying to scam us would just hit n run, ya know? no posts about their trike or showing up at community events. remember atcrider89?

hes also a 19 year old... and we know how hectic 19 year old life can be...

though he did take a year hiatus from af.com and here before he posted this trike as a part out...

either way, some sort of explanation is in order. hes sitting on a solid chunk of member dinero and more than one of us has the same complaint...

coolpool
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Hopefully this get's sorted out. I know someone looking for the seat, pan and rear fender if it's OK.

Dirtweed
02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Well this is interesting as I paid for the pipe, silencer and Axle on the 4th. Hmmmm...

Sneakers
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi I paid for the front fender, air filter and a front brake cable on Feb 2nd. I wasn't expecting the parts until this week, so I have my fingers crossed that Jacob Yarbrough will come through and keep his name in good standing in the three wheeler community - come on Jacob!

fabiodriven
02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I will do my best to sort this out.

atc300r
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
He sold these parts on other sites aswell.Same trouble there .No responce to PM.

pipeline triker
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I know he sold the DG pipe at least Twice. I filed a pay pal claim and still no reply. I paid for the DG pipe and tip and shipping on the 1st. I think any one who paid him with Pay Pal needs to file a claim.

Flossyb20
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
He sold these parts on other sites aswell.Same trouble there .No responce to PM.
You are correct...he's doing this same thing over an a-i-r-foolers as well...same deal...Fabio, I think he goes on the "list"...

manbearpig
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Anyone else buy the boost bottle?

Sneakers
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I wonder if anybody knows Jacob personally and locally if they could check on his welfare, part of me just can't believe that a member in good standing and part of the three wheel community, heck I heard he even won a trike at TRIKEFEST, would do this intentionally. So if there is a local member or if someone has his phone number we need to check up on him, if nobody does the police should be contacted to check on him. I'm starting to wonder if he is in the hospital, working in a remote location, lost his wireless connection, in rehab or jail... There is more to this story than somebody scamming money, we have all the information required (pictures, video, emails, financial transactions and hometown) for criminal charges of theft or fraud, heck this case is international I live in Canada! So seriously if someone can contact him or check on him that would be great.

dcreel
02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
I wonder if anybody knows Jacob personally and locally if they could check on his welfare, part of me just can't believe that a member in good standing and part of the three wheel community, heck I heard he even won a trike at TRIKEFEST, would do this intentionally. So if there is a local member or if someone has his phone number we need to check up on him, if nobody does the police should be contacted to check on him. I'm starting to wonder if he is in the hospital, working in a remote location, lost his wireless connection, in rehab or jail... There is more to this story than somebody scamming money, we have all the information required (pictures, video, emails, financial transactions and hometown) for criminal charges of theft or fraud, heck this case is international I live in Canada! So seriously if someone can contact him or check on him that would be great.

But.. If he deleted his Facebook profile... Either he, or someone else is trying to cover up criminal activity. I feel bad for you guys.. I hope you guys get made whole again. One way or the other.. Did he travel with anyone else to Trikefest?

fabiodriven
02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
He was at Trikefest with his father and younger brother. They are all great people. Myself and my buddy probably spent more time with the Yarbrough's than anyone else at TF '11. I got to know them all at least somewhat. I have what I think may be a home phone number that I've been trying. No luck yet.

Jacob's Facebook posting as of late would lead me to believe this was, in fact, intentional. That combined with the fact that he deleted his Facebook account. He's just a kid guys. He's 19 years old. That is in no way an excuse for his actions, but I know at that age I was somewhat "untamed" as well.

I could use a total of the money sent to him at this point if you all wouldn't mind letting me know. If you're not comfortable posting this publicly, by all means just PM me. Thank you.

fabiodriven
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I just realized I have Jacob's cell number in my phone.... Well la-de-da.

pipeline triker
02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
I paid him $100 for the pipe.

nicker71
02-12-2013, 02:07 PM
150$ for the head

Sneakers
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
50 dollars for the front fender, air filter and cable for the front brake.

manbearpig
02-13-2013, 02:07 AM
$25 for boost bottle

atc007
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
As a Total outsider looking in. It is VERY,VERY obvious,,he scammed you guys. I don't care his age or standing. He advertised and SOLD the SAME parts on at least TWO different sites. And has now TRIED to vanish. Problem with his theory is... You can't disappear : )... the only thing he should be worried about is. If law enforcement,,or an armed individual he ripped off shows up at his doorstep :). You have his name,and I assume a close town of where he lives. I would file a police report with his local police and see if that returns the funds here. What a damn shame... jmho

fabiodriven
02-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Well guys, I've made multiple calls to Jacob's cell as well as texts. No reply. I've been trying what I think is a home phone number with no reply as well. I've left messages on his cell phone but not at the home number yet. I'm not even sure the home phone number is actually the right Yarbrough's yet. I just left Jacob a message now telling him that the police may be involved soon and if he's going to do anything he had better do it soon. At this point I wouldn't hesitate to file PayPal claims against him and possibly contact the local authorities.

Dirtweed
02-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Well I escalated my claim with paypal. Next is to Call my VISA card that I used.

M.Pargiello
02-13-2013, 02:22 PM
This is B.S.

Why do people do this and think they can get away with it? I hope someone shows up at his house and knocks a few teeth it. He was obviously scamming from the get-go

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
He seems to be a loser; From time to time we will have this happen and it would be great if someone could go to his home.

Other members have even ship me stuff before they even get paid.

We are an elite group with a passion for trikes and fortunately the majority of the guys here are very honest.

I just don't have it in me to steal because karma always come back to bite you.......

Yamahajake
02-14-2013, 12:15 AM
i paid him for the front brake assembly and the manual i paid $30 i used paypal but sent it as a gift as i had never used it before and that was what he told me to do. i dont understand why this group is full of great people wanting to help. i too have had a fellow member send me parts before receiving money but i THOUGHT we could trust each other

fabiodriven
02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
He's a confused kid, which is no excuse. He may be at a point in his life now where he feels he has nothing to lose. I've made more calls and texts, still no reply. I will keep calling until I get in touch with somebody. If anyone wants his phone numbers, just shoot me a PM. I'm sure the more calls he gets the better.

El Camexican
02-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Those of you who paid with PayPal should be able to get everything back if you file a claim. I think they will even pay out of their pockets when something like this happens. What a shame that someone would do something like this. Best of luck to you all.

keister
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
This is very disappointing! I talked to him (and his family) at least the past 3 years at TrikeFest. He always seemed like a very honest, quiet, humble,and upstanding kid. Quite the opposite of many teenage punks you might come across on a daily basis. I would never have pegged him as a scammer in any way shape or form.

Hopefully you guys all get your money back. Quite a discouraging development....

El Camexican
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
I hope someone shows up at his house and knocks a few teeth it. He was obviously scamming from the get-go

While it’s a nice thought I would advise any of you thinking of doing it to think twice. The law would be on his side every step of the way and who knows what kind of hell could break lose if he’s armed or high on meth. Wow, look at me, the voice of reason! I must be getting old!

manbearpig
02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
or high on meth.

might explain ALOT

M.Pargiello
02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
While it’s a nice thought I would advise any of you thinking of doing it to think twice. The law would be on his side every step of the way and who knows what kind of hell could break lose if he’s armed or high on meth. Wow, look at me, the voice of reason! I must be getting old!

Oh no, I understand that. Just a thought is all.

LastFoolerInVA
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
for once I'm glad I was broke... I really wanted the boost bottle & rad valve... but I had no money spend... lucky me for being broke!!

Lee350x
02-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Another guy on a-i-r-foolers and myself both paid 125 for the works shock. Originally i tried asking to meet up with him to use cash, and check out the rest of his parts because i have seen him at bundy hill and thought he lived sorta close. But he told me he moved to the saginaw/bay city area. which was a few hour drive for me.

MRSOUND
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
i paid him for the front brake assembly and the manual i paid $30 i used paypal but sent it as a gift as i had never used it before and that was what he told me to do.
Unfortunately you may be out luck of filing a paypal dispute sending money as a gift. A gift is a gift with nothing expected in return. For goods or services you are expected get something for the money you are sending. Hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I'm pretty sure that's what I've heard others experienced in this type of scenario. By all means still try to make a claim though. Been here done this already hope everyone has a positive outcome!

fabiodriven
02-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I have an update.

I just got off the phone with Jacob's father and he is going to do everything he can to right this situation. I know I already asked, but if there is anyone who hasn't gotten in touch with me already regarding how much money you sent to Jacob, please let me know ASAP. I have to get things together and send them to Mr. Yarbrough.

JasonB
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
his posts on FB were pretty interesting over the last year +. Hope everything gets taken care of.

Dirtweed
02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks Fabio!

nicker71
02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Great work fabiodriven!!

RIDE-RED 250r
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Fabio for Sherriff!!

Sorry guys.. don't mean to make light of a crappy situation. It's just outstanding how Fab picks up the ball and helps out in situations like this.

Lord Letto 20
02-19-2013, 10:25 PM
I Got Nothing to do with this but I have been Keeping Tabs on it, and I Have to Say Thanks Fabio For Helping These Guys Get Justice! Fabio For The Sheriff Of 3WW!

El Camexican
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Fabio for Sherriff!!

He'll need a vehical for the job

M.Pargiello
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
I vote for a user title change to "3WW Sheriff" or something along those lines. He definitely keeps tabs on the deadbeats for the well being of the community!

fabiodriven
02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Another guy on a-i-r-foolers and myself both paid 125 for the works shock

Who is this person Lee? If you could direct him to this thread I'm trying to get all my final tallies in the sooner the better.

Last call for anyone else. Everyone who has spoken up in this thread and PM'd me is accounted for. Anyone I haven't heard from yet had better speak up soon.

Lord Letto 20
02-20-2013, 12:11 PM
He'll need a vehical for the job
I Think a 1984 KLT 250-P1 Police Would Suit him Better, Or Whatever Trike was done up for The Beach Scene in Police Academy 2!

Scootertrash
02-20-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I too would like to thank Fabio for his hard work and dedication!!

Gripit'n'ripit
02-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Wow, late to the game. Purchased silencer and carb on 2/4/12 for $75. Didn't think to check soon enough. One time I just forgot to send a part. Buyer called up pissed. Just thought it may have been the same.
Fabio, PM sent. Good job.

fabiodriven
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
First and foremost- Yamahajake! I need your information!!!

I've gotten multiple PM's from you all and I will reply to them. I noticed more than one of you have been refunded by PayPal and some of you have told me that it seems like your parts are on the way. I wouldn't hold my breath about your parts showing up. I just got off the phone with Mr. Yarbrough again and I don't think he or Jacob have shipped anything yet. I would suggest escalating any claims with PayPal and taking any money back from PayPal if they are offering it. If something comes your way after that, we'll figure things out.

Guys I am not complaining in any way here, but this is slightly tricky to keep track of everyone where there are so many guys who got ripped off here. I know Mr Yarbrough is in the process of trying to get in touch with some of you (if not all of you) by phone right now, so let's see how things work out.

Yamahajake
02-25-2013, 01:07 AM
i pmed you back and thanks for taking care of this he had told me my parts were shipped but i guess not

bkm
02-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Hopefully once this is over the father ask's this young man if his dental insurance policy has been updated, then proceeds to knock his teeth down his throat. That would be a good start, because my son wouldn't get off that easy. I don't give a damn how good his excuse is.

M.Pargiello
02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Glad to see something is actually happening!

pipeline triker
03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Pay Pal just refunded my money this morning. My case is closed and money is back in my account. For anyone else with an open claim keep an eye on your emails, I had to supply extra info and a link to his for sale adds.

Dirtweed
03-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Paypal is reviewing my case now and should be done by the 12th. I started it a little late.

atc007
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Hopefully once this is over the father ask's this young man if his dental insurance policy has been updated, then proceeds to knock his teeth down his throat. That would be a good start, because my son wouldn't get off that easy. I don't give a damn how good his excuse is.

Could not possibly agree more,,but,,we're a fading generation..

Sneakers
03-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Well here it is, looks like Nitrodude81 is on his way to Florida... I have contacted PayPal requesting a claim now, as earlier last week I received notification a parcel was on its way to my place, but that is clearly well you know This add is from Craigslist....

1981 Honda ATC 250R three wheeler - $1500 (addison)

Selling 1981 Honda ATC 250R, runs great, has aftermarket exhaust, head, shock, axle, all aluminum rims, mx tires, upgraded carb and much much more. Have tons of spare parts including brand new hot rods connecting rod kit, wiseco piston kit, gasket set, parts engine and much more. Real fast and loads of fun. Im moving to Florida so I need to sell, my loss is your gain, asking $1500 but need to sell asap as I am moving to florida, so taking best cash offers, if interested feel free to shoot me an email and i will respond asap, this is a landmark model so dont miss out on this chance to own a piece of history. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day 164173164174164175

atc007
03-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Tell ya RIGHT NOW boys. If this Punk was within 2 hours driving distance from MY home. I would have been on his doorstep with the Police last night. Just saying. What a scheister.

manbearpig
03-03-2013, 08:14 AM
http://jxn.craigslist.org/rvs/3650738236.html

Here's the link. He's really got some stones pulling this crap then posting it up on Craig's for sale... INVITING someone to show up at his door for a visit

pipeline triker
03-03-2013, 09:42 AM
I wish he was within driving distance to me, if it was summer I would consider taking the bike to his place. But I know it is best he is to far away. I think I would regret my actions, would definitely want the cops with me when I got to his place.

oldtime3wheeler
03-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I didnt buy any parts of this kid, but to have him pull this crap here, then put it up on CL is B.S.. We all should bombbard him with emails saying he is a thief or flag his post everytime he puts it up!

bkm
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I would be curious to hear what his Old Man had to say regarding his actions.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Someone should let his old man know he is now trying to sell it on CL.

If that were my kid, ANY electronic device he owns would be taking a trip to the pistol range with me! No, more job (if he has one) no more car, no more anything! And for a looooooong time! You wanna dabble in fraud?? Prepare to do nothing but schoolwork and any other work I can come up with! No more fun of any kind whatsoever for quite a while...

atc007
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I would be curious to hear what his Old Man had to say regarding his actions.

Yeah,,I trust Fabio will handle this well, But,,The Dad HAS been informed,,so,,??? Again,,,I don't know the situation. ,,But,,,IF,,the kid lives under HIS roof. The Dad should have made ALL of this right by now,,,Long ago,actually,And be taking care of business with discipline, or unfortunately,,watching the door shut behind nitrodudes trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro as he leaves..

I'm sorry for even chiming in here,as he hasn't ripped me off. But this crap BURNS me to no end. Friggin scumbags,,I do NOT CARE their age!! A scumbags a scumbag, Plain and simple.

bkm
03-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree Bill and I'm in the same boat. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I feel that when one of us get ripped off, we all get ripped off.

nicker71
03-03-2013, 12:52 PM
This kids father called me last week. He told me his son is either going to end up dead or in Jail. I beleive he's right. Im flagging his CL post.

Howdy
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
I was within 25 miles of him yesterday. Had I known this was listed I would have stopped in and attempted a recovery.
Howdy

atc007
03-03-2013, 04:39 PM
This kids father called me last week. He told me his son is either going to end up dead or in Jail. I beleive he's right. Im flagging his CL post.

Kinda what I figured... As a Father of a going on 22yo Son...I totally understand..I used to think it was ALLLL the crappy parents fault when their kid acted up....WRONG :) :) . Boy was I wrong. You can throw every ounce of Love,compassion,time,effort and money at them. They are who they are. After I posted above I realized it probably sounded wrong towards the Dad. Hopefully Ppal gets a lot of the moneys back for you guys. Live and learn..

fabiodriven
03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Guys I haven't really been able to spend any time with this lately. Work has picked up significantly (we needed it, the winter gets slow for us) and I had a VERY busy weekend.

I hope Mr. Yarbrough is handling this situation as he said he would. I haven't followed up on anything lately where I haven't had the time. Please let me know if you were involved and you were taken care of. I will see this through to the end.

bkm
03-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Kinda what I figured... As a Father of a going on 22yo Son...I totally understand..I used to think it was ALLLL the crappy parents fault when their kid acted up....WRONG :) :) . Boy was I wrong. You can throw every ounce of Love,compassion,time,effort and money at them. They are who they are. After I posted above I realized it probably sounded wrong towards the Dad. Hopefully Ppal gets a lot of the moneys back for you guys. Live and learn..Your right Bill. I would say from experience its about 7-8 times out of 10 the parents fault. I have seen great parents try until they had exhausted all options to try and make their kid a respectful, contributing member of society, only to have the kid turn out to be a piece of crap. The old saying you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink, was coined for a reason and its impossible to help a person who refuses to first help themselves.

Good luck to all:beer

ditchmud
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Might have to try to buy his trike this weekend.

Mr. Clean
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Should there be an ad on that Craigslist that this is a scam and the guy is a Liar and Thief? Anyone in that area?

Mr. Clean
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Awesome.

http://jxn.craigslist.org/mcy/3658829589.html

Lord Letto 20
03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Good Job to Whoever Posted That!

Sneakers
03-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Just advised by PayPal that they ruled in my favor and will be providing a full refund.

hatc200x1
03-06-2013, 12:57 AM
I believe this is his youtube channel.... http://www.youtube.com/user/nitrodude81r/videos?view=0

Lord Letto 20
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I believe this is his youtube channel.... http://www.youtube.com/user/nitrodude81r/videos?view=0
That Would be a Safe Bet. Now, What to do with it? Spam Stuff, Flag Videos, Try to Get Him Banned from Youtube?

hatc200x1
03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
That Would be a Safe Bet. Now, What to do with it? Spam Stuff, Flag Videos, Try to Get Him Banned from Youtube? Lets do it!!!

fabiodriven
03-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Everybody hunky dory here? Did everyone get reimbursed?

oldskool83
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
1st id make sure you get everyone money back, 2nd I'd ban him. 3rd if he is really selling his trike then let him since you need to really sell it in person if you selling it.

or have a member go buy it and it becomes property of 3ww and used for auctioning off parts per month. I vote that. cheating the system is not cool and once your caught you need to own up which most people wont. I'm thankfull for my freedom...this kid is not.