PDA

View Full Version : You know what?

MyMistress86R
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Even though I was never overly active around here, even when I did actually have a trike, I really loved the sense of family this site provides.

I recently got into Jeeping (97 Cherokee XJ) and joined a couple of related forums to get info and ask questions to make my experience better and about all it has done is make me realize just how great a group of people there is here. Maybe its because our passion is no longer manufactured or marketed for so much and we have to rely on each other to find the ins and outs of it all or what but I have found the need to come here to cleanse myself after spending time on those other sites.

Everyone here, especially the elders (time-wise, not necessarily age-wise) and true value adders, should find your closest fellow triker and exchange pats on the back because you all have built something special here and deserve the praise, but I know the vast majority of you won't due the fantastic humility you truly great ones carry. I love this place and hope to officially join the herd again soon.

I offer up the first salute of what I hope is many :beer:beer:beer:beer CHEERS!

fabiodriven
02-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I agree completely. I'm a member of about 10-15 different forums, none of which I visit like 3ww. I go years without going on those other ones. Sometimes I'll pop in to ask a question if I get really stuck, but that's about it.

This was also the first forum I ever joined so for years I was under the impression that all forums are like this. I found out they are not. Not by a long shot.

kb0nly
02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
This is the only forum i spend much time on now days, the Jeep forums i am also a member of have been full of nothing but whiners and idiots.

El Camexican
02-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Ditto man. I thought other sites would be like this one, WRONG! I've registered with MB World, a Ford F150 site and two KTM sites and they all have one thing in common: THEY ALL SUCK IT!!! Once we get a comprehensive medical advice column on here I'll never go anywhere else. (I hope that's soon, this rash is spreading fast!)

ebaccm26
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I've been on only a few forums where people were as friendly and willing to help as people here are. I can think of some sites, such as the 3rd gen eclipse forum that I'm a member of, that are less than pleasent. People there can be just brutal, they have strong opinions and are not afraid to shove them in your face. Im glad noone here is that over the top, at least from my experience. People here are just so willing to use their time to help you.

El Camexican
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
People there can be just brutal, they have strong opinions and are not afraid to shove them in your face. Im glad noone here is that over the top, at least from my experience.

Try posting something about your favorite brand of oil:naughty:

bkm
02-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Try posting something about your favorite brand of oil:naughty:Just make sure you put "Attention Fabio" in the headline. I am making a proclamation that insures all oil post go directly through him first. :lol:

atc007
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm not on other forums,,but I couldn't agree more. their are some VERY high quality individuals visiting here. I got to meet 3 of them yesterday. What a TREAT ! El,,where is said rash and is your wife sharing symptoms?? :lol: :p

RIDE-RED 250r
02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I am a member of 5 other forums besides here, Smith and Wesson (great forum), Dootalk, 250r.net (another good one) .Org, and z400 forum. Of those 3ww, S&W and 250r.net are my favorites by a long shot. 3WW and 250r.net are my every day addictions though! :)

M.Pargiello
02-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I've been on only a few forums where people were as friendly and willing to help as people here are. I can think of some sites, such as the 3rd gen eclipse forum that I'm a member of, that are less than pleasent. People there can be just brutal, they have strong opinions and are not afraid to shove them in your face. Im glad noone here is that over the top, at least from my experience. People here are just so willing to use their time to help you.

Are you on xceedspeed at all? It so bad there I haven't been back in probably 2 years

ebaccm26
02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Are you on xceedspeed at all? It so bad there I haven't been back in probably 2 years

No I'm not, but it sounds like that's a good thing!

spaghetti
02-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Lotsa good guys here, there was a moderator on a forum I used to frequent years ago, he had an outstanding reputation and started a thread asking to borrow a few hundred for a month and pay back with some interest. Many different members loaned him around $1k collectively without thinking twice, and they haven't heard from him since.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Lotsa good guys here, there was a moderator on a forum I used to frequent years ago, he had an outstanding reputation and started a thread asking to borrow a few hundred for a month and pay back with some interest. Many different members loaned him around $1k collectively without thinking twice, and they haven't heard from him since.

OUCH!!! That must have stung!

rdlsz24
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
This one and hondaatvforums.net both have quality people. I recently got into riding dirtbikes so I joined thumpertalk. I learned real quick you can't even post over there without getting dickhead attitude in reply so I mostly just browse and don't hardly post anything even if I know the answer to a question. I swear there's members just trolling waiting for you to say one little thing that is inaccurate and call you out on it. Reminds me of a guy I work with and I can't stand him

Rob

MyMistress86R
02-05-2013, 12:59 AM
I can think of some sites, such as the 3rd gen eclipse forum that I'm a member of, that are less than pleasent. People there can be just brutal, they have strong opinions and are not afraid to shove them in your face.

I was on the 2 top 3G forums for years and couldn't agree more. Like kindergarten for a$$holes...

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2013, 02:04 AM

I lent a co worker 2K, said he was doing a boiler on the next Sat.

He asked for cash, I told him he'd have to take a check.

Stayed away from me from there on.

Best thing was he burnt down his business and was waiting on a check when they finished checking the building. A year later, a knock on his door by the police; They asked if anyone had threatened he or such.

He gave them an envelope he said came in the mail a week before the fire and in it said, "I'm gonna get you Mark!!! "

It was in his handwriting!! :lol: what a stupid ass.

He went away for 7 years and the last I heard was his wife emptied his truck out and sold all his heating and cooling for next to nothing.........