PDA

View Full Version : Hey cancer....*&%$ YOU!

shovelryder
02-01-2013, 08:58 AM
My Mom was diagnosed 5 yrs ag with stage 4 breast cancer......Yesterday she entered the hospice program. Shes fought a helluva a fight...... But its just time. I am in an oddly calm and comfortable place with it all.....as is she. Shes been an amzing Mother to me, and Grandmother to our children. I dont even know what more to say.....I love you Mom!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/1richie2/meandmom1.jpg

MIK6
02-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Hey man.. im sorry to hear this..
I know what your going thru. I lost my dad in 93, he was only 53, to cancer. He fought an awesome fight as well, there is a weird calm when the time is rite..
I still have his old hunting trike (85 200s), it maked me think about him everytime i look at it.
Ill join ya!

trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro YOU CANCER!!

MIK6/ Mike

El Camexican
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
So sorry, I hope it goes as best as it can for all invloved.

shovelryder
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Dad just called.......While sitting in her recliner, watching tv.......a bone in her hip fractured........Guess shes in alot of pain right now, the hospice nurse is on her way there.........This is gonna be the toughest ride I think Ive been on......Thanks fer the support guys....A lot.

Scootertrash
02-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent from the wife and myself.

yaegerb
02-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear about this Shovel. My family's sympathies are with you and your mom.

jb2wheels
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
You're not alone. We here for ya man! We've been down this road, too.

Both my mom and mother-in-law are breast cancer survivors.

IKE-Z
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Strong woman, with a big Smile through it all. Hang in there shovelryder.

atc300r
02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
My prayers are with you. My ex boss went home last week with a back ache found out last friday he had stage four cancer.He passed away monday.He was 51.

atc007
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Hang in there man. Glad to hear where you're at with it. It is Time, She fought the good fight and you wouldn't wish fighting anymore on your worst enemy. It is still gonna hurt when she goes.You think you are ready. But it kills just as bad when they leave. But it will be a cpl weeks of hell,,was for me anyhow. I just lost my Dad at Thanksgiving. My Mom's been on hospice for months now,and my Brother is so sick he'd have to die to get better. Do not be afraid to ask hospice for ANYTHING. They are truly awesome,,IF you communicate with them. God Bless you and your family,,lean on each other,and laugh all that you can. I can see by that Huge smile on her face,,that is what she would want. Pm me or just post here if you need to vent.. Take care of yourself.

sp8twn
02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Sorry to hear this shovel,,,F#*K CANCER!!!!...Im 40 years old and Ive been fighting it for 8 years now off and on(it sucks!!),, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, horrible diseaseto deal with!!! Stay strong and take care!! God bless,,

Thorpe
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
That sucks... My deepest sympathy to you and yours...

whyzee
02-03-2013, 08:12 AM
So sorry to hear. Prayers for everyone affected by this horrible horrible disease.

atc007
02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
How are things Shovel?

SHIFLITE
02-03-2013, 05:48 PM
God will be with her, and your family. Lost my father 8 yrs. ago to throat cancer, just came out of nowhere, it took him in just a short 7 weeks after diagnosis, he was only 53. God Bless your family....

Dirtcrasher
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro Cancer!! Very sorry to hear about your situation.

I know that losing my mom would probably be the end of me.

She has been my rock for years and I'll bet that all of you love your family more and more as time goes by.

SHIFLITE
02-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Losing a parent is a life changing event, but times will get better. God be with you....

fabiodriven
02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm very sorry you're going through this man. It seems we all do at some point or another these days.

If you have the time, you may want to watch this- http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/

Dirtcrasher
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm very sorry you're going through this man. It seems we all do at some point or another these days.

If you have the time, you may want to watch this- http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/

Great documentary Johnny!! Now I know why you say that the pills will kill ya......

Escanabajosh
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Some people might think this is crazy talk but check out "Rick Simpson, Run from the cure" on youtube. I live in a legal state and know of many people that use this and saved their life with it. The last person I heard about was a 18 year old girl who had a brain tumor, she kicked it's ass.

heres a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

shovelryder
02-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Looking like just a few days left........Feeling selfish at this point......Worrying bout dad and wishing I could just flip a switch. My heads just full......Mentally more exhausted than Ive ever been. Jump 5 ft high anytime the phone rings.......Shes givin it a helluva a fight tho. Thanks all....Lol....Had to vent.

rjs89ia
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Theres only two good things that come from cancer that ive seen from losing a few family members to it. It gives you the chance "though maybe to soon" to say goodbye and make peace with the situation unlike a heart attack or a fatal accident. the other is that you know they're happy and healthy again once they're gone. I'm not much of a religious person but I believe those that I cherished the most are always around someway or another.

Slingblade
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Sorry you're having to go through this shovelryder. Cancer has affected my family in the last few years tremendously. My wife lost her best friend, a 37 year old vibrant mother of 2 small children . Then her aunt who was in

her 50's, both in the same year, to cancer. A year later my wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She has been through surgery and chemo and is doing fine 3 years later.

I have been guilty of walking out side and screaming as loud as possible- I HATE F*%#!N CANCER! It steals the life of great people, and robs children of a childhood spent with a wonderful parent.

I thank you for sharing with us and posting that great picture of you and your mom. Just know your family is in our thoughts and we wish you all the best.

atc007
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Looking like just a few days left........Feeling selfish at this point......Worrying bout dad and wishing I could just flip a switch. My heads just full......Mentally more exhausted than Ive ever been. Jump 5 ft high anytime the phone rings.......Shes givin it a helluva a fight tho. Thanks all....Lol....Had to vent.

You need to vent, you have to vent !! Anywhere you need to. Mine is simply going outside. ,I WANT to go out on the track and go as hard as I can ,as LONG as I can,,+ 5 more laps. But I can't. If I go down,,that would really be bad news here. But you have to have an avenue.. Something you enjoy,that relaxes you. It is only gonna get tougher AFTER she leaves. Keep checking in,and take care.

shovelryder
02-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks all......Sure ta be some venting.....Kinda started getting crappy between her sister and I today.....Here we go....Please hold on for the ride...LOL

atc007
02-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Hmm,,Try to be the bigger person. But don't let her steam roll ya either. It just sucks all around. Take care.

whyzee
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear. When my Dad was at the end and there was no hope you just want it to be over. It's not being selfish, it's hoping that the suffering stops. Its just horrible. I tried to give my Dad enough morphine with his pump so he would just go in peace.
there is nothing wrong with wanting it to end. It's ok if you want to leave the room and let her go without being there. The person you know and love is already gone. It's just the body remaining.

shovelryder
02-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks everyone...... All will be well.....the time has come.... I thank you for the kind words through this.

atc007
02-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Get some rest.

Motorgidd
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Shovel,

You and your family are definitely in our prayers. Really sorry to hear what your going through! We lost my Dad to cancer last year February 27th. It will be a long road no doubt but you will get through it. When you get down try to remember a really good time you and your Mom had. That’s my trick... every time you get sad, mad or just down think of a time you and your Mom laughed your butts off. Hell, sometimes I go outside and yell as loud as I can... The neighbors look at me kinda funny but I feel better afterwards! If you need someone to talk to man you know we are all here for you. Take care and God bless.