PDA

View Full Version : 94 Chevy pickup vs.

Scootertrash
02-01-2013, 10:34 AM
30 pounds of tannerite :naughty: :D ETA: Not me, but I would've loved to at least be there.

ETA:2 naughty word warning! Dint notice it at first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XGV368BMip8

Lord Letto 20
02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Came Expecting a Drag Vs a Trike, Stayed for the Boom, Left to Cry for the Loss of a Chevy (lol, Not really)

Scootertrash
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Sometimes it's just time to put them out of their misery. ;)

dustrunner
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
so where would one get some of this tannerite ?

SGabe
02-01-2013, 12:32 PM
you can order it online www.tannerite.com or Cabelas carries it

Scootertrash
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
you can order it online www.tannerite.com or Cabelas carries it

Use SGabe's link. It's cheaper to buy it buy the case. I usually do the 2 case special. It comes in 1/2 lb containers, but I like to use a 20 oz gatorade bottle and mix a double batch.

Lord Letto 20
02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
do the government know about this? wouldn't it be easy peasy for a terrorist to gather up a bunch of this stuff to make a bomb of some kind?

SGabe
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
do the government know about this? wouldn't it be easy peasy for a terrorist to gather up a bunch of this stuff to make a bomb of some kind?

Haha yeah they know. Its legal. It can only be "ignited" by a high caliber rifle.

Scootertrash
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM

As SGabe said, it is legal in the US, I'm not sure about Canada. When I bought my first batch you got a copy of an approval letter from the BATF included in the package. FWIW Timothy McVeigh used Diesel fuel and fertilizer to make his bomb, and you can still buy both of those without any trouble. ;)

You can't light it on fire or ignite it with a fuse, you need around at least 2000 feet per second for the impact to ignite it. .223/5.56, 7.62x39 and larger will do it. Pistol calibers will not ignite it.

Here's the instructional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SvixDxkhUaE#!

From the tannerite website:

Since the two components are not explosive until mixed, they can legally be purchased and used in the USA without any kind of license. However by mixing the Tannerite® Brand Binary Target, you become the manufacturer of an exploding target, and assume any/all liabilities. Storage of mixed Tannerite® may fall under federal regulation unless stored in approved magazines.

El Camexican
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
They are lucky that truck wasn't attacking them! I'd be too embarased to post all those missed shots.

Thorpe
02-01-2013, 05:37 PM
^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Thats good stuff right there!