PDA

View Full Version : 1985 honda 250es big red fork shock boot cover replacement with how to video

rouseanator
02-01-2013, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3jJztBME-68

This is a vid I made after trying to find shock covers for my big red they are from rocky mountain atv they are the 58 inch in black and its a perfect fit also made a how to vid to try to make it a little easier for ya hope this helps you;)

BigRedAl
02-03-2013, 10:20 AM
nice vid. thanks.

BigRedAl
02-03-2013, 10:26 AM
any chance you have a part number on the boots?

rouseanator
02-03-2013, 05:00 PM
just go to rockymountain atv and type in serch bar daystar boots and get the 58 inch ones

Worden18
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I have the boots for my Big Red and will be putting them on soon.

rouseanator
02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought it would be harder from reading other forms but its really not that bad I just tore it down again to change the fluid in the shocks I would do it while you have it apart my drain plugs at the bottom wouldnt come out so I took the caps out on the top and pumped them out and used automatic trany fluid in them made a big differance and with it apart already would highly consider it, I also did the stering stem bearings that was kinda a pain you have to disassemble pretty much the whole front end but now no more wobble when I hit the front brakes good luck and let me know if you have any questions

Worden18
02-09-2013, 12:24 AM
I thought it would be harder from reading other forms but its really not that bad I just tore it down again to change the fluid in the shocks I would do it while you have it apart my drain plugs at the bottom wouldnt come out so I took the caps out on the top and pumped them out and used automatic trany fluid in them made a big differance and with it apart already would highly consider it, I also did the stering stem bearings that was kinda a pain you have to disassemble pretty much the whole front end but now no more wobble when I hit the front brakes good luck and let me know if you have any questions

I'll keep all of this in mind. It makes it a little easier knowing there's people out there like yourself that give a damn and are willing to help. I appreciate it, thanks