PDA

View Full Version : just did my taxes

beadle
02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
:Bounce:beerjust got home from h&r block and bout all i can say is WOOHOO did alot better than i thought i was gonna do! neadless to say there will be alot of tri z items ordered in about 2 weeeks cant wait.:beer:Bounce

Howdy
02-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I did my taxes a week about 10 days ago. I used Tax Act and filed fed electronicly. I did my state and school taxes online ( for free ) as well. I checked the status yesterday and it shows my refunds will be in my account Monday. Can't wait to pay off some bills and also order in some supplies for a Hobby.
Howdy

swampthang
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I have to talk to my tax woman Monday about getting started on mine. I just bought my first home last fall so hoping I can get a decent refund from that somehow. Really hoping to get enough to pay this coming years property taxes and get a new lawnmower sense I sent the last one to lawnmower heaven(moms still pissed it was her extra mower!) Doesn't look like I'm going to be using tax money for wheelers this year:( Oh well I have plenty to play with already.

90guy
02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
I did my taxes this past weekend I know a tattoo is getting finished and a tri-z will be running with a deposit for a house to rent so pumped can't wait to get out of current apartment!!

spaghetti
02-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Just filed a few hours ago, paying off bills, getting a tattoo, and buying a storm lake .357 sig barrel for my XD40

shovelryder
02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Ours are done to......Nuff ta buy a couple more ATCs,and finish our basement.........Looooove e-file!!!!

captainweezy
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
The wife started on ours a few days ago. Sorry boys but we fund the IRA's with taxes every year. Nothing fun being purchased with returns except for retirement!

09RappySE
02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I don't want to talk about it.....I feel sorry for the next person I see pay with food stamps and then jump in a new escalade......

rdlsz24
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
^^You see that where you live too?

Rob

Mosh
02-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Wait...We have to pay taxes??? For what?

I thought property taxes, 75 cents per gallon of gas, 500$ per year on vehicle plates was enough? It cost money to take our freedom away? Man what a bargain!

IKE-Z
02-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Nothing like giving the government an interest free loan!

oldskool83
02-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I set mines up that I break even normaly. This way I get my money and they get their taxes. I do have a very complicated mess each year on my hands so I let a account do them. I normaly get like $300 back so I feel I break even.

Honda250RinNC
02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
i got my taxes accepted Jan 29th.(refund of $3,500) supposed to go on my turbo-tax card but when i check the wheres my refund tool it just says this :

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

turbo-tax says i should get it the 6th though...does anyone else get this message?

Billy Golightly
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
O to be an independent contractor, not have automatic payroll withholdings and having to write uncle same a big fat check every year after working your ass off...

shovelryder
02-04-2013, 01:53 PM
O to be an independent contractor, not have automatic payroll withholdings and having to write uncle same a big fat check every year after working your ass off...Did this fer alot of years with a body shop and trucking company.......Im soooooo happy being an employee these days!.....I feel fer ya friend!

09RappySE
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
^^You see that where you live too?

Rob

Yes.......waaaaaay to much.

captainweezy
02-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I set mines up that I break even normaly. This way I get my money and they get their taxes. I do have a very complicated mess each year on my hands so I let a account do them. I normaly get like $300 back so I feel I break even.im with you on that. Raise the dependents and even it out or every one is giving the irs a tax free loan.

Howdy
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I would prefer to get a small refund back, how ever my taxes vary drastically from year to year. I have had years where I got back less than $10 and I had 1 year that I got $4500.
This year I filed my taxes on the 24th and got my refunds back today ( Fed and State ). The refunds will most likely go towards bills. I want to be 100% debt free ASAP.
Howdy

ShaftDrive225dx
02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Hell yea i can join this thread i thought i was the only one lol! Im getting a good little amount back ive got my money spent as of weeks ago! The DX will be getting some new itp muddlites and the 200s will get its gas tank and some fender replacement! yessssssss....

RIDE-RED 250r
02-04-2013, 07:35 PM
My wife and I usually get a little over 7,000 back between fed and state each year. And no, we don't get everything back by any means. Own our house and have 2 kids and make about 60-70k a year combined.

I know doing it my way lets the government borrow my money interest free, but we like that annual "bonus" for lack of a btter word. We play with some of it, and pay debts with most.

Haven't done ours yet as my wife also sells Gold Canton candles and we are still waiting on some paperwork from them. Once we get that the taxes will be done.

kb0nly
02-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Same here, three kids, we usually average around an $8k return, we could have a lot less taken out over the course of the year but i look at it as forced savings.. At the end of the year the Uncle takes his share and we get the rest back to pay off bills, buy some stuff we need, and maybe even get a few things we want. Its the end of the year bonus check... Well not really since it was saved up from our money all year, but it feels like it!

swampthang
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know if there is a first time home buyers tax credit for this years taxes? I just bought my first home last fall and I took all my paperwork for the loan to the place that does my taxes yesterday. The lady that does them wasn't there for me to ask. Would be nice if I could get some extra cash back from that.

ezmoney1979
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know if there is a first time home buyers tax credit for this years taxes? I just bought my first home last fall and I took all my paperwork for the loan to the place that does my taxes yesterday. The lady that does them wasn't there for me to ask. Would be nice if I could get some extra cash back from that.
No first time home buyer credit, wasn't one last year either. You don't want to get wrapped up in borrowing money from the government anyway. The only people that don't have to pay back the "credit" are the ones that got it in 2008. All the others are in a payment form, due at tax time.

I don't want to talk about taxes, makes me sick. This won't be a popular statement, but I really wish they would do away with the child tax credit. They shouldn't reward people for breeding in this country, Ray Charles could see its not working out so well.

09RappySE
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
I really wish they would do away with the child tax credit.

That and EIC......earned my trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

Honda250RinNC
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
O to be an independent contractor, not have automatic payroll withholdings and having to write uncle same a big fat check every year after working your ass off...

lol donate a few trikes billy! donate them to a charity or something get a nice tax deduction!...ill setup a 501C3 tax exempt orginization
just for that purpose if you'd like! HAHA