PDA

View Full Version : i have a few question's

ColtonGG33
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey so my first question is will my 79 Honda twinstar twist throttle work I want to put it on my 83 225dx? Also my headlight doesn't work on my 225dx is there some kind of headlight that I can attach to the handlebars soI can have a headlight
Any help will be appri
thanks Colton

ColtonGG33
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Please ignore the bad writing I have a new phone and it sucks typing and keeps freezing when I write

muthey
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
with alot of modding you should be able to make the twist throttle work unless the length of cable matches the current one, also you have to make sure you have the right length with the twist retracted to the throttle body. Now with the headlight, do you have a headlight and shell, or is the bulb burnt out? are the wires unplugged or are you missing the headlight all together? A ytm 200 headlight and shell will work as a replacement for you if you don't have anything there, check on ebay sometimes you can get one for cheap.

dillyd
03-03-2013, 12:07 PM
i agree with muthey aslong as the length of the cables matchup and everything but i thought the dxs came stock witb twist throttles and if thats the case i would recomend just buying a new cable and as for the headlight if you mean like an encased headlight that just mounts on the handle bars you could just buy a foglight from canadian tire they have mounts and every thing that come with them and they just hookup to the battery they only cost 20 $$ but like muthey said check the bulb and wiring first :)

trike savior
03-03-2013, 12:44 PM
buy a driving light from walmart. u dont want fog light u want a driving light. just have to be creative with mounting it and refer to service manual for how to hook up wiring but the wires should be in that area by tripple trees

ColtonGG33
03-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey trike savior I bought a universal jeep light for it and mounted it to the handle bars, i tried shoving it in the headlight shell but it was to big and it chipped the light casing but there was 2 lights in a box so I just mounted the good one. I just ran the ground wire to the handlbar bolts, and then had to run the power wires to a switch and that switch to a little fuse box, and then just to the battery wires, the bad part is I don't have a battery So the lights only get bright when its revved but it works fine

muthey
03-04-2013, 12:07 AM
there is only one problem with your jeep light if the wattage and amperage is to high you will burn out the lighting coil in your stator. I do have a ytm 200 headlight shell and glass, no bulb, but it would save you from burning up the lighting coil. 25$, plus shipping and it's your it also has the mounting bracket as well, plus the neutral light. Also the battery on a ytm only runs the starter all the lights run off of the lighting coil per stock wiring.164274164275164276 here's some pics for you

trike savior
03-04-2013, 12:56 AM
get yourself a battery man, its a must with a headlight. as muthey said it will burn up electrics. that model bike is set up for battery right

ColtonGG33
03-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, I have a battery and its dead right now will that work?

muthey
03-04-2013, 01:08 AM
doesn't matter the ytm's only use the battery for starting, nothing else. Unless you wired the light directly to the battery from the switch.

trike savior
03-04-2013, 02:06 AM
no need a good battery. bad battery does nothing, it cant store energy if cells are shorted. im not too framiliar with yamaha wiring but i find it hard to believe they would not hook charging circuit to battery. and if you have it hooked up the way you described, the light power is coming from where the battery hooks up, that proves the charging system is hooked to battery.

i know a battery sounds expensive but blowing electrical parts down the road will be more expensive

ColtonGG33
03-04-2013, 02:43 AM
Ok do u know the wattage that it can handle and I will check and see what it says on the headlight

muthey
03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
it"s a 12v 45w/45w max system, and trike savior yes the battery is connected to the charging system, but unlike honda if you turn on the key, it does not turn on the head light. I have two 225's, one dr and one dx and they are both original wiring and neither one turns on the headlight until the trike is running, with or with out a battery they pulse off of the stator. The neutral light does run off of the battery, but that's not the bulb we are worried about that one is only a 3.4w bulb