PDA

View Full Version : Best Memories

Justin.Sargalis
02-07-2013, 03:09 AM
What are your best memories on 3 wheelers? Mines on the 1984 200s going down the road before I sold it

bigbore88
02-07-2013, 03:57 AM
the first time i rode one my buddy mik6`s 70 thought they where dangerous till i rode one now im an adict

shovelryder
02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
A nine day trip camping off of the wheelers..........I was the only three in the bunch.......They all laughed and pointed til the end of day one.;) Mine didnt overheat, get stuck, eat oil, leak, or break down.......Unlike the 19 new four wheelers......LOL!

Big G
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
What's the story behind your avatar Justin? Looks like you had a run-in with the law...

M1A1
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM
My dad my brothers and me down at the santa ana river bottem in the summer of 96. Some of the best trails. The river to cool down in and sand drags. Not to mention the women in bikinis. Good times.

1985-200x-rider
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
mine was also on an 84 200s, my dad owned property in the northern section on pa, 88 acres of old overgrown farmland, a few open grassy fields and trails everywhere, we used to ride through the property and all down the dirt roads surounding it. me as a 6 year old i couldnt handle a 200 myself so i sat on the tank. we would ride for hrs and hrs, even late at night in the pitch black, now the 200s and property is gone but i still occationally ride the dirt roads on my 225dx and when im finished rebuildin my 200x ill be goin up there more often. :TrikesOwn, i also recall riding my 200s before sellin her a couple years ago, got pulled over by comunity security flyin up and down the roads, still miss that bike... new bikes and new memories commin my way every time:beer

Worden18
02-07-2013, 04:59 PM
My very first time riding on an ATC 90 back in 1977. Two brothers in my oldest sister's class each bought a 90cc Honda, and would give me and some friends rides in the field behind our house. I remember holding on to the handlebars and looking down at the tires, admiring the knobs going round and round. But even better memories are the ones I'm creating now. Last night my brother and I rode down into the valley a couple miles from my house (me on the 185 and him on Big Red 250); first time I've ridden with someone in 25+ years. We were out there for 2 and a half hours. Didn't get home till 2:30am. Good times!

MIK6
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Trikefest 02!! After w 14 hour drive w total strangers, then camping and hanging w more total strangers... I realized I wasnt alone in this 3wheeler thing!!!

MIK6/ Mike

fabiodriven
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
My first ride with the 3ww guys.

It was in the summer of 08 I think. We met in Keene, NH and there were guys from RI, MA, and NH. There must have been at least 10+ trike riders and another 5 or so on quads and bikes. I rode my 85 Tecate and whipped them all in the drags my first time ever riding with these guys. I've got that one on video. :)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Tecate%20250/th_MOV02748.jpg (http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/Tecate%20250/MOV02748.mp4)

Here it is almost 5 years later and I've made countless friends and gone on hundreds of rides. I've been to Icefest, Trikefest twice, and we get together locally every month or so in consistent groups of 5-10 trikes. All of these events have yielded some of the best people I've ever met.

hanable customs
02-08-2013, 01:05 AM
my best came shortly after i got my tecate and the little lady came over for a few laps on my knew project and one thing led to another and we ended up on the river bank after dark and the rest........well thats for me and her

falloutboy
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM
One of my favorite memories is pushing around a 70 at my friends house when we were like 6 or 7 years old. We thought we could make it run if we put water in the gas tank :O.

18 years later, now we still ride together, but on our 250R's in the sand :D

Justin.Sargalis
02-10-2013, 12:57 AM
What's the story behind your avatar Justin? Looks like you had a run-in with the law...

well this was last summer I turned 18 and a few days later I got my first trike ever the 1984 200s, with bad rings I went through a quart of oil a day roughly. That thing smoked more than a hippie at Woodstock :lol: so anyways my frame had a crack and I was going to my cousins house a little over two miles away because he was going to weld my frame for me. well as I passed a side road someone almost blew through the stop sign and came real close to hitting me I turned around and was going home because I forgot to fill the oil before I left so I went home to fuel up and saw the driver on his phone giving me the finger as I passed, then on the way back in front of my cousins driveway the police officer came up behind me. if you look close you can see his driveway in the bottom of the picture. so as he is running my license my cousin came out and I yelled to him take a picture and he did. only got ticketed for a unregistered atv and cost me 200 bucks

trike savior
02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
any day hitting the trails on a trike is a good day.
my most memorable times were as a kid going into woods in wisconsin with my father and uncle to set up tree stands and find where the deer were moving through. they would sometimes let me ride the road we came in on for a while on the way out. nothing like being about seven on a honda 110 and getting to hit wide open gravel road, sub trans in high, 4th gear and throttle wide open. the time in the woods was just as fun but a high speed run was my favorite.
years later on my 250 r still lovin the high speed and mine scares most people i let ride it. unfortunately i let it get me. going through my friends field one day at dusk after having a few beers. he was having property logged so his field had some trees down at edges. was getting dark and riding faster than distance i could see, thought i was far enough away from tree line but was wrong. right on top of downed tree in 4th about mid throttle and made mistake of hitting brakes. front wheel hit tree, dug in and sent all 230 pounds of me flying over handle bars. flew literally ten feet and landed on shoulder separating shoulder from collar bone. no helmet or riding gear either, not smart. got up knew something was wrong with shoulder, bike is upside down still running. used the good arm to shut it off and roll it back over, couldnt start it again so had to do the walk of shame back to buddies garage and ask for a ride to hospital.
glad im able to laugh about it, could have been hurt worse. but next time ill use what rob dyrdek on mtv ridiculousness has deemed the whiskey throttle and hit the throttle not the brakes because it was a small enough tree i think i could have popped over it even though i was going so fast.
either way moral of the story trikes rock wear helmet and riding gear. glad to find a cool place like this where people are just as passionate about trikes

my trikes:all honda 84 250r, 85 86 and 87 250sx, 84 and 85 125m, 79 82 84 and 85 110's, 73 us 90 and 77 atc90, 75 atc70
bikes: honda: 71 cb100, 78 cb750 coming soon cb750 trike. yamaha: 67 yds 3 (2cyl, 2 stroke), 82 750 SECA
other toys: chenoweth VW sandrail dune buggy, old race go kart, racing mower, 76 arctic cat pantera 440 snowmobile