PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Opinions on services i want to offer.

Honda250RinNC
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I've been thinking about offering fender & plastic tank restoration services to people on here & ebay. do you guys think it would be a good idea? would it make money? im even thinking about doing a few items for free (just pay shipping) to get my work out there so people can see it and stuff!
has anyone ever done this kind of service before?
Anybody interested in having a small item done for free? (front fender, tank scoops & headlight buckets)(broken items are fine too if you want to test!)

Any services anyone can think of that would help alot of people out that aren't being offered at the present time?

roostin atc
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
It never hurts to try. I don't think you would make much on labor if you want your prices to be reasonable. I personally haven't tried restoring plastics, but if its anything like bodywork it takes a lot of time to be perfect. I have a few 70 fenders with the infamous gouge where they hit the head. One maier one factory.

ebaccm26
02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm restoring the plastics on my 200x at the moment, the results are very rewarding. But I personally couldn't imagine doing it as a service. It takes so much time and effort to do it well, I'm sure the price would have to be up there to make it worth while.

Honda250RinNC
02-08-2013, 01:52 AM
well the good thing is i ENJOY doing it!(i enjoy doing body work/painting too) and the fact that its making 3-wheelers more presentable is even better/more rewarding so it makes me feel good...no GREAT!
Here is what i was thinking on pricing..tell me if it seems to much or if its too cheap!!

Front Fenders:
Small/Med: $30-$40
Large: $40-45
Rear Fenders:
small/med(70-185cc) $40-50
large(200cc & up) $50-60
Other Items:
Air Scoops:
Set: $10-25
Each: $5-15 350X/Tri-z: $40
Headlights:
110/200 Style: $25
250R style: $30
350X/Tri-z: $40
Plastic Tanks:
250R: $50
Tecate: 1st Gen: $40 / 2nd Gen: $50

Service is NOT LIMITED TO HONDA FENDERS, Just an example of size!

And these are basic ESTIMATES! depending on amount of damage PRICE MAY GO UP OR DOWN!!
Prices do not include return shipping!

Other Services to be Available including:
Plastic Welding
prime/paint with automotive style paint W/flex enhancers (think plastic bumpers!)
Shaving/Cutting

Metal Fuel tank repair to be available in NEAR FUTURE! inquire for more details!!

***FIRST 5 PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL RECEIVE A FREE* SERVICE OF CHOICE***

*Free service limited to services $30 OR LESS!
+ return Postage!

ColtonGG33
02-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Hey man that sounds pretty good, price sounds reasonable. If u want my headlight shround needs a little work if u want I can send it to you maybe? Its for a 225dx just the bottom little peice cracked you wouldn't even have to paint it just send me a pm

remsandpets
02-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Does restoration include crack repair? My atc200 is zip tied in a couple of places but is all there.. I'd be very interested in the service if that's the case.

Vealmonkey
02-08-2013, 06:38 AM
I've got to dig out my bw200 rear fender!

elevatorman
02-08-2013, 08:10 AM
i would buy side covers for my 85 250es...if you enjoy it i would say go for it.we need more people like you to help us restore our trikes........

jeswinehart
02-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Mr.Clean on here and other boards is rather well known + established/accomplished in the art of polishing plastics,,,, just a FYI
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/7811-Mr.-Clean

john

Honda250RinNC
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
hey John yeah Mr. Clean does amazing work! but im sure he won't mind some friendly competition right? not to mention there's no way he can do EVERYBODY'S work himself? lol or am i :crazy:

just ben
02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
be careful polishing yamaha plastic it seems to have a lower melting point than other plastics I have polished. I may have a trimoto headlight or tank shroud you can play around with if you like.

Mosh
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I have polished and wet sanded probably 3-4 Z headlights, 3-4 sets of Z shrouds and a few honda 250R tanks. I gotta tell you if you are doing these items at 40$ or so per unit, that is crazy cheap..You figure at least 1 pack of different grades of wet sand paper, plus your polish, and IMO you are already at close to 40$ just into materials..Then, all those items I have had a minimum of 4-6 hours into each piece..You are working for free bro..I tend to stay away from power buffers on these thing because I have seen a few issues with rounding off the sharp lines of the plastic molds if not done correctly, so naturally it takes a lot longer by hand. But yeah, definately your pricing is more than fair.

bkm
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Mr.Clean on here and other boards is rather well known + established/accomplished in the art of polishing plastics,,,, just a FYI
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/7811-Mr.-Clean

johnYep, I don't care what others would charge, because out of respect for the community and friendship, Mike will always get my polishing work. No disrespect to Honda250RinNC I wish you success and prosperity, because this process is a labor of love and dedication. Not to mention the trust others must have in a guy who is in possession of sometimes rare and valuable parts.:beer

Mr. Clean
02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I say go for it and good luck.

Honda250RinNC
02-08-2013, 01:58 PM
iv'e got a hook up on supplies the only thing i have to pay for is the sand paper, ive got some polish that will blow your mind. Its the same stuff i use to restore light lenses on cars.
+1 on hand polishing i never use machines for anything (not even auto detailing/polishing) its much more personal and you have NO danger of messing the paint up if you know what your doing. ive seen professionals damage paint with machine buffing before. stuff happens.

ebaccm26
02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Those prices seem great. I would think though that if your work is quality and your pricing was to stay at that price you could potentially be overwhelmed because I know for sure I would rather spend $50 than use HOURS of my time restoring fenders and I'm sure alot of people feel the same. Although I do have to admit I don't mind doing but it can just be so time consuming, especially if you want it perfect.

Honda250RinNC
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
prices DEFFINATELY are not permanent, this is just a way of drumming up business for a few months. ..hey at least im honest about it...