PDA

View Full Version : New member, another 1984 200x Thread, need kickstart assistance (cases split already)

yamasaki760
02-09-2013, 08:51 PM
im in the process of going through a 200x i got for free from a friend of mine. I got the cases split and the motor sitting on my bench. It was having the kickstart slipping issue and I read through quite a few threads on this site about how to fix it, so i got started...

Of course, I have a list of questions already, but I'll start with:

1. Where can i get the two springs for the kick starter? I already undercut the gears as per the other kickstart threads on here.

2. Does anyone have a service manual in pdf format they would send me? I tried following a few links online but couldn't find one that worked

yamasaki760
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I came across this site while googling kick start info. its pretty awesome.

i even got the idea for the socket tool for the oil pump from here.. excellent...

yaegerb
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
If you are running a stock compression ratio, then your back-cut should be OK. If you are upping the compression ratio, then I would suggest new kicker gears. Shortline10 (a member on this site) should have what you are looking for. I would send him a PM. As far as a manual, go to Kb0nly (member on this site) profile page. He has a link within his signature that will take you to the 200x manual that you need.

yamasaki760
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
yagerb, thank you very much!!

yamasaki760
03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Hello again,

I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and i have a question. I'm taking my time and checking everything twice (i am following the service manual), seems like everything is going well, however, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Is there something internal that's supposed to bolt in underneath the spring/roller tensioner? is that just where the kickstart/driven gear cover bolts into?

just wanted to double-check before moving forward..

thanks in advance.

yaegerb
03-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Hello again,

I'm in the process of putting my motor back together and i have a question. I'm taking my time and checking everything twice (i am following the service manual), seems like everything is going well, however, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Is there something internal that's supposed to bolt in underneath the spring/roller tensioner? is that just where the kickstart/driven gear cover bolts into?

just wanted to double-check before moving forward..

thanks in advance.

I thought the same thing when I reassembled mine. No, its nothing internal.

I can't be for sure if the external kickstarter gear cover bolt threads through that opening. If its threaded then I would say yes. If its not then i would say its just another oil passage.

200xking
03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
hi guys... what do u guys mean by ( back cut ) or under cut the gears ?

yamasaki760
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
200xking, basically, it means cutting the teeth with a sharper/deeper angle so they grab better. i'm no mechanical engineer, so, take my advice with a grain of salt.

yamasaki760
03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Got my kx80 rear caliper bolted up on the front fork of the 200x... woot!