PDA

View Full Version : 1986 honda big red

chogg
02-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Hello im in need of some help I have this honda big red im trying to get running again but somethings is wrong with the carburetor and I was curious if this carburetor I have off a late 1990 to 2000 model honda fourtrax would work on my three wheeler

tri again
02-10-2013, 05:56 AM
99% of the time the carbs just need a good cleaning,
unless someone's been in there and messed things up.
As for your question, try the search key but I haven't heard any easy direct bolt on carbs altho I DO have an aftermarket pumper carb on an sx.
Not real good fit and funky choke but way better than nothing.
I can repost the part numbers if it helps.

Do you have good spark?
Will it try to run with a tiny bit of start fluid?

yeah, search key will get you tons of pages of good info for sure
unless someone appears with a fast answer.

GREAT machines, btw.

trike savior
02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
the carbeurators are extremely similar and i have thought about using one on my 250 sx but i havent found one cheap enough to take the chance on because the port sizes may be different which will cause issues with fitting it on intake and fitting air box parts on it.
if you try it please post if it works or not.

rcurtis16
02-10-2013, 07:24 PM
pick up a new cam on ebay that fits a 300 fourtrax, any year from 88 to 2000, and the top piece of the head, and they got brand new carbs on for 86 bucks, you just need to buy the cables and your set, its what i got done to my 85

Flyingw
02-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I have a freshly rebuilt carb for the ES for 125.00 shipped. They are completely gone through and tested as well. The bodies are bead blasted, look great, and work as they are supposed to. Shoot me a PM if interested.

jetjoe
02-10-2013, 08:07 PM
That cam is a direct fit? Where can i get a performance cam for ař200x