PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Cowboys Review

wonderboy
02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I got to go see the Nuclear Cowboys show last night in Auburn Hills, MI. I got tickets from a friend and took my two kids (10 and 7). The two biggest thoughts I came away from the show with were:

1. That has to be the absolute stupidest, most pointless and almost embarassing attempts at putting a "Story" to a show
2. That has to be the most incredible, awesome, crazy, (insert additional adjectives here) motorcyle action I've ever seen!

Overall, I would recommend to ANYONE to go see this show... Just be prepared to roll your eyes a bit in between the jumps.

The show opened with two trials bikes doing their thing. I've never see these live before, and I have to say, I really would have liked to see more of these guys. It is really amazing the stuff these guys can do.

The bulk of the show was the motocross bikes doing their jumps. They start with simple tricks (all done back to back, one rider after the other, about 1/2 dozen or so in a row). As the night progresses, they start doing more intricate tricks, even side by side. By the time you get to the end of the show, there are three guys side-by-side doing backflips simultaneously.

It really was a cool show.

If you've been contemplating it, definately go. One concern I had was taking kids, but I can say if really was pretty kid friendly. Regardless of my thoughts, the stands had to have been 1/3 to 1/2 kids under the age of 16. They do have the flag chicks and dancers in bikini like outfits, but they really aren't doing anything that would make your 10 year old blush.

If you have no idea what these guys are about, you can google "Nuclear Cowboys" and get to their website and find a video page that shows what the show is all about.