PDA

View Full Version : Hot cigarette foil???

hoosierlogger
02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Tonight I went to a reunion for the Boy Scout troop that I was in. They just had their 50th eagle scout ceremony since the troops inception in 1967. I am Eagle Scout number 23. While there I saw a few people I haven't seen in over 20 years. Most particularly a man named Charlie Girton. Charlie is an old man (82) that was one of the Boy scout leaders for the troop before I got involved, but he was always present at camp outs and awards ceremonies.

He always did this trick with the foil from a cigarette pack from an audience member and coffee from someone elses cup. He did something with it that when wetted with the coffee and folded would generate so much heat that you couldn't hold on to it. I have asked him since I was 12 how to do it. He would just grin and say Ill tell you some day.

Any way I saw him tonight and asked him about it, and what did he say? "Ill tell ya some day." Same thing he told me a few other times our paths have crossed and I had asked him about it in the past. My fear is he is going to die and take this to his grave. I have tried to figure it out in the past and never could. Anyone have any ideas I cant find anything about it on the net. I just want to be able to walk up to him one day and throw a hot piece of foil in his hands and say HA!! I figured it out.

Any ideas?

Cornholio
02-10-2013, 07:01 PM
pour some coffee on the wrapper. Done.

hoosierlogger
02-10-2013, 08:21 PM
pour some coffee on the wrapper. Done.

No thats not it. This gets so hot you physically cant hold it for more than a second or so.

DasUberKraut
02-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Try this..

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=324974&forum=19

hoosierlogger
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Dang I hope he didnt use the poisonous stuff on us kids. That link in the last post was no good.