PDA

View Full Version : Another boost bottle question

Tri Moto
11-26-2002, 08:11 PM
This isnt a bottle that attaches to the carb, its got wires all over it and its called a Roost Boost,

any idea what the hell it does ove never heard of it!

Thanks,
Rodney

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-26-2002, 08:52 PM
haha, those are even worse....they are suppose to increase the spark from the spark plug so that it is like a performance quad or something.....JUNK, doesnt do anything except waste your money, and add weight

350Xrider
11-26-2002, 09:39 PM
I've heard that they actually can burn your stator out.

Tri Moto
11-26-2002, 10:34 PM
No wonder hes selling it, he probably fried his stator!

Thanks guys!

Rodney

TimSr
11-27-2002, 02:43 PM
Ill agree, it doesnt do much. Its basically a coil, that steps up the voltage to the plug, over your stock coil supposedly creating a hotter spark. The MFG could have just as easily added more windings in the design of the stock coil for pennies, and got the same effect had there been any real benefit. Inadequate spark will cause problems, but if your spark is already adequate, increasing it gives no benefit worth mentioning.

As far as frying a stator, that is very difficult to do, and your in very little danger of doing it with one of these devices.

350Xrider
11-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Frying a stator is hard to do but I did hear of one case that it happened,it may not have even been due to the roost boost. I highly reccommend that you do not buy one. I have ridden bikes with them before and they weren't hardly noticable at all.

Kilborg
11-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Don't even bother. If you are looking for an aftermarket performance ignition, there are plenty of solutions out there that are the real deal.

banshee350
12-01-2002, 03:15 AM
** Edited Out **