PDA

View Full Version : 1984 honda 200s

Dustin96
02-12-2013, 02:46 AM
I just bought this honda 200s about a week ago.I have a few qestions one is will it be able to move 24 inch atv tires?Also its brakes dont work how hard are they to fix?It also is missing the kill switch how hard is it to hook a new one up? If anyone could answer these qestions for me it would be greatly appreciated.

barnett468
02-12-2013, 07:21 AM
hello dustin

i'm surprised you have no suggestions yet. it will still go with taller tires it just wont accelerate as quickly or climb hills as easily. why do you want to do that?

the kill switch is easy, the plug receptors are all color coded.

brakes are easy but maybe not if you have not done it before. any local neighbor that works on their own stuff can probably help you there.

thanks

kebby28
02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
I wouldn't put bigger tires on the 200s. I put a bigger front sprocket on the one I had as a kid and got more speed out of it but less power of course. The front tire can be a pain to get off for the front brakes but if you do a search in this site you will find help.

Dustin96
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
The only reason i was going to run the 24s is because the tires on it are junk and the 24s are fairly new.Also would anyone happen to have a headlight assembly laying around they would like to sell?

Dustin96
02-13-2013, 12:59 AM
I could also use a muffler for it it has one just is really loud.If i would lose power putting bigger tires on it is there any where that sells a smaller front sprocket?I also have looked and cant figure out the front bolt pattern anyone happen to know what it is?

Dustin96
02-15-2013, 08:03 PM
ok guys i found out my motor is leaking behind the motor sprocket where do i get the seal for it?Also what is the seal called? If you guys could help it would be greatly appreciated im just trying to get it up and running for my spring camping trip.

trike savior
02-16-2013, 12:33 AM
just call local honda dealer. should still be available. just tell them u need seal behind sprocket, the should be able to help. you do not need stock headlight, any 12 volt headlight from any where will work you just have to mount it. the brakes are easy just depends on your skill level. muffler can be found on ebay but you might pull it off and look for cracks and such, local auto or muffler shop might be able to weld it up. as far as tires just keep eye out on craigs list for used set the right size. as far as i know that model was not modded as much like a 200x or 250r so i doubt sprocket options are avialable but keep looking, might get lucky

Dustin96
02-16-2013, 03:35 AM
so a normal foglight will work and what wires do i hook the posive and negative to then?Also i just put on some new 22x11x8 mud busters and i will also take off the muffler and look at it.And to replace that seal do i have to split the casing or do i just pull the old seal off and put the new one on?

trike savior
02-16-2013, 08:43 AM
check out kbonly profile for wiring diagrams. green is usually ground on on hondas and power comes from switch. be delicate but crushing it a bit with a screw driver and hammer will allow you to get it out with a pick

Dustin96
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
ok thanks for the info i need to go invest in some parts and if i run into any problems i will be back lol