PDA

View Full Version : INDY Dealer Expo

honda250sx
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Been a long time since I have posted on here guys... Anyone headed to Indy for the motorsports dealer expo this weekend? I will be there all weekend.

atctim
02-12-2013, 05:17 PM
I'll be there. Look for the tall guy in the flourescent safety yellow JT Racing ball cap.

atc007
02-12-2013, 05:49 PM
I've had free tickets to go and stay for the last 15? years.. Never went... I know I would love it if I went! Have fun !!

Mosh
02-13-2013, 12:00 PM
We have been going for a number of years. We opted out last year due to poor turn out of vendors. I don't know how long it's been since some of you have gone, but it has gotten significantly smaller over a 6 year period. What used to take up both floors of the convention center and the old RCA dome, has dwindled to just the convention center, and over the last few years just the first floor of the convention center. The last year we went which I believe was 2011, the only vendors left were all set in the main room atrium of the convention center with almost no vendors even in the surrounding hallway area..You can get through there in a day twice even.
The economy has really hit everyone bad. Even large distributors like Adavantage, of DMC relation no longer were setting up a booth as of 2011.

atctim
02-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Mosh is spot on. There is industry talk that this may be the last "Dealer Expo" at this location. It's sad, but the economy really does suck, not only for the powersports / ATV industry, but for everyone!

captainweezy
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
I couldnt agree more about the economy hitting the motorsports industry hard. I went in 2008 or 2009 maybe. The entire dome was nothing but chineese manufacturers.

Mickey Dunlap
02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Last time I went was right before the economy to a down turn in 05'. I had 4 quads there,a 450r and Brute Force 750 in the Maxxis booth,a YFZ450 at Wiseco's,and my V-Force in Maiers booth.I had 6 of my team riders there a long with 10 pit crew persons in the pit crew shirts like mine in my avatar there walking around. By the end of the year when I started to put our 06' sponsors together I could tell the money was drying up,so I pull the race team plug. Since then the sponsors don't want to put out that kind of money to have us at the show so there isn't any reason for FST to go.

JasonB
02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I went in 2009 and had fun but it was first and last year. All the talk around it was that it was shrinking, but the people that came out from the trike communities was fun. I seem to remember most of our group being kicked out of a certain down town hotel for bad behavior after hours lmfao :lol:

atc007
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I went in 2009 and had fun but it was first and last year. All the talk around it was that it was shrinking, but the people that came out from the trike communities was fun. I seem to remember most of our group being kicked out of a certain down town hotel for bad behavior after hours lmfao :lol:

That sucks to hear...

IKE-Z
02-13-2013, 04:51 PM
I also heard they're moving the show to some time in August next year.

ATC-Eric
02-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Just spoke with J&M this morning, they said they wont even have a booth this year. Really sad.

honda250sx
02-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Talk about some true downer stories. Bummed to hear all this. I havent been in 3 years. I'm just getting back into the states after a year long stint. I have worked for a dealer for over ten years on and off and this year I am headed out with a good friend who is opening a new Ducati dealership after 15 yrs of being a master duck tech at a dealer. I'll be honest I am merely going out for a little fun and to see a few old friends and of course take in the show in the hobby I love.