PDA

View Full Version : Tri z brake disks/rotor replacements?

poolieZerUK
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Hello,
What brake disks will fit on z? I have had a read over the cross over parts thread but I cant tell what is meant to be calipers or discs, was hoping to fit some aftermarket wavy type discs as they perform/look better? maybe of another Yam of the same era, you blokes know the score so any help greatly appreciated.
By the way thanks to those who have replied to some of my earlier posts.
Cheers

Mosh
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
2004 YFZ 450 quad rear rotors fit the Z hubs both front and rear. You will have to file the bolt holes out a couple of millimeters as they are just a smidge off in diameter. The Z rear caliper will need longer bolts and some 3/8ths collars added to shim the caliper over since the quad rotor is not dished and you have to make up the distance with the shims.

poolieZerUK
02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Cheers, does 88 yz 123 rear caliper seals fit z or is there a similar/better one to use

Mosh
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Cheers, does 88 yz 123 rear caliper seals fit z or is there a similar/better one to useThat I do not have an answer to. You could try cross referencing the part numbers at yamaha-motor.com and see if they match the seal kits. 87-88 Yamaha Warrior quad may use the same caliper seals as the Z since they are very similar in design and even use the same brake pads, but the warrior caliper itself will not a fit a Z.