PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z push lever assembly

Citytrikeguy
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping for an easy solution to a new issue on my 85 tri-z. I had to replace the too end due to a head stud that was pulling out of the cylinder. I removed the top end in the frame and when I took off the clutch cable the push lever assembly popped up. I didn't think much of it until I finished reassembling my Z and no clutch.
When I was last in the clutch side case I replaced the water pump oil seal and adjusted the push rod to spec. Now it seems like the push lever is not in contact with the push rod. I can see the end of the rod from the top of the push lever hole. In the manual it looks like there is a ball bearing at each end of the push rod. Is it possible there that the bearing could it have fallen into the recess where the push lever goes? If it did am I screwed? I need to double check with a broken case to see how far down the push lever goes into the case.
Has anyone had this experience before with a z? If so, please let me know what my options are.
Thank you everyone,
Gary

badass350x
02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
The ball should be at the other end , turn the lever until it pushes all the way down an then back into Position.

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
yep ball in the clutch side.

zmpolaristech
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Remove the clutch cover (again...) loosen the clutch adjustor bolt or remove the pressure plate. pull your clutch arm all the way out of the case, reach down in the hole and push the rod out of the way (into the trans shaft). Reinsertt your clutch arm ALL THE WAy. Reinstall pressure plate, & readjust your clutch.

Problem - worn out crankcases AND clutch arm....no big deal.

I have the solution! I will be producing these SOON! They will be machined, not hand built like this one.... in the $30 Range???
Ill keep y'all posted.:naughty:

Citytrikeguy
02-13-2013, 11:41 PM
It's good news that there isn't another ball on the stator side of the push rod. Zmpolaristech: From what I gather from your instructions the push rod is now blocking the push arm from getting all the way into the hole. In that case how did it get past the rod in the first place? Bottom of the arm is a cylinder. Thank you everyone. If the weather cooperates ill be done with it tomorrow.
Gary

Citytrikeguy
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Also I got a look at your little $30 solution put me in for one.

Citytrikeguy
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Just an update on my situation. It's fixed. There was way too much slack in the clutch adjuster at the pressure plate. It must have worked loose. I think if it maintained proper adjustment the push lever can't have lifted. I put some blue locktite on it. Everything is together again. I'm riding in Pennsylvania this coming Monday.

Citytrikeguy
02-15-2013, 08:35 PM
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy37/jebb1977/D7F7309D-16F9-419E-829E-595CFE03F0F4-1457-0000009394583271.jpg