PDA

View Full Version : Some People, Let Me Tell You

Lord Letto 20
02-15-2013, 11:30 PM
For Starters, I Posted a Ad on Kijiji for a free Computer and free computer parts, that I want to Learn How To Learn to Build and Customize Computers on so I Could Build a Gaming Computer, Here is a Link to The Ad: http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Free-Desktop-Computer-to-Learn-and-Build-On-W0QQAdIdZ456183568

Just Got a Random Email From Some Random Person Who I Don't Know and I'm Sure he Don't Know Me Claiming i'm a Scam Artist:

you are a scam artist,dont take advantage of people,you know all about computers,stop imediatlly.dont take advantage of people!
I Know a Little Bit About Computers, But I'm By No Means a Expert or Able to Build a Dedicated Gaming Rig, That's Why I'm Looking For Free Old And Outdated or Even Broken Computers to Learn More About Them And How To Repair and Customize Them to One Day Build a Gaming Rig, Almost Like A Hobby.

captainweezy
02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
So put your phone number in there to fix it.

ezmoney1979
02-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Is there a reason you capitalize every word you type? Just curious, seems a bit unconventional.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I learned quite a while ago to stop allowing contact via email when I advertise on craigslist. I put my phone number in, but spell out a couple of the numbers because the scum scammers will now send automated fake texts to you.

There are trolls everywhere on free classifed sites. You get trolls who post complaining about peoples' asking prices on stuff. My feeling is they should just butt out. People can ask whatever price they want for something, and if someone else is willing to pay it, what business is it of anyone else??

The person who is baselessly accusing you of scamming is obviously another troll who thinks they are doing the world some big service, when in reality their life is so pathetic, that's all they have.

Just disregard it and move on. If they start flaggin your posts for removal just repost. And if kijiji for some reason doesn't let you repost you may just have to contact them and work it out... but I doubt it would come to that.

tri again
02-17-2013, 05:45 AM
I see cheap and free computers all the time.

a GREAT way to build and learn.

If you can use stuff that's a couple years old, you'll have a road racing machine for almost free.

The only real concerns with older stuff is that they are static sensitive so a wrist strap
good ground and don't wear a sweater or wool socks on carpet and you'll have a great time.