PDA

View Full Version : 225dx foot peg help!

ColtonGG33
02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
So lately I've been doing some jumping on my 225dx and my left peg is bending a lot, to the point where I can barly keep my foot on it, any solutions? Or aftermarket or oem pegs I can get? If so can u give me a link or website to check out for it, or anything that will help

Thanks Colton

Howdy
02-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I have a set of 225 foot pegs. $10 plus shipping if your interested.

Howdy

Snatcher
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey Howdy. Do you have other parts or know where I can get used discontinued parts for a 86 225 DRS? Thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

fabiodriven
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the problem isn't usually the peg but the mount for the peg itself on the frame. Make sure you check that carefully before buying parts you don't need. If the frame needs addressing, you may need to have it beefed up.

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 03:38 AM
yes thats right fabio, the nuts inside the frame are held up by weld, and all that welding broke, so now there just dangling inside the frame

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 03:40 AM
well fabio since your kind of an expert around here what do you think i should do? weld the peg on to the frame or buy a new frame?

fabiodriven
03-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Personally I'd cut out the factory mounts or build around them. If you learn how to use a welder and fabricate it doesn't look too difficult. I was examining my frame because these machines are famous for doing this. If I ever have any issues with mine, I will run a brace across the bottom of the frame from one peg to the other and completely re-fabricate the mounting points. If you're not capable of fixing it yourself, find a local welder to help you. In the hands of a skilled fabricator, it will be an easy fix and you won't need a new frame or even new pegs more than likely.