PDA

View Full Version : ATC 200es Problems!

AussieATC
02-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having a few problems with my 200es:

1. It starts in gear which is weird because my other one doesn't.
2. When going downhill the engine braking cuts out and it rolls as if it's in neutral.
3. It jolts forward every few seconds when in gear but stationary.
4. When I turn it off there is this winding down sound for a few seconds then a big knock.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Alex

tri again
02-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Hi

Can you get the search key to work?

It will have page after page of instant info.

Howdy
02-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having a few problems with my 200es:

1. It starts in gear which is weird because my other one doesn't.
2. When going downhill the engine braking cuts out and it rolls as if it's in neutral.
3. It jolts forward every few seconds when in gear but stationary.
4. When I turn it off there is this winding down sound for a few seconds then a big knock.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Alex

The engine brake, whirling sound, and jolting, are all caused by the centrifical clutch / one-way bearing. I would replace these 2 parts and be done with it. The centrifical clutch drum may be worn a lot, so you might need to replace it as well. 185, 185s, 200, 200e, 200es, 200m, and 200s motors all use the same assembly. Parts new or good used should be able to be found easily.

Howdy

kebby28
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Exactly as Howdy said. The one way bearing is pricy but as you know it sucks when the engine doesn't hold you back. And you will notice a major increase in performance with the new centifugal clutch shoes and if you need to replace the drum. I had a good used drum kicking around and I got the shoes from cheapcycleparts.com for about $20.

While we are on the subject, any other readers know why I'm having such a hard time finding the clutch shoes for a 86 250es? They have 2 on ebay but I need 4... I have looked everywhere...

kebby28
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Also, for another $20 you could replace your manual clutches while your in there. But you would need a special socket... And make sure you have a uhh, its either a 30 or 32mm socket to pull the centrifugal clutch. And don't forget your side case gasket :)

Howdy
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Exactly as Howdy said. The one way bearing is pricy but as you know it sucks when the engine doesn't hold you back. And you will notice a major increase in performance with the new centifugal clutch shoes and if you need to replace the drum. I had a good used drum kicking around and I got the shoes from cheapcycleparts.com for about $20.

While we are on the subject, any other readers know why I'm having such a hard time finding the clutch shoes for a 86 250es? They have 2 on ebay but I need 4... I have looked everywhere...

You looking for new or used? I did a quick seach "honda atc250es clutch" and came up with more than 2.

kb0nly
02-17-2013, 01:27 PM
The starting in gear is probably a bad neutral switch, does the neutral light come on? If not the bulb might be burnt out or the switch is stuck and someone removed the bulb to ignore it being on all the time, i have come across that before.

As for all the other symptoms, definitely the one way clutch and you probably need to adjust the main clutch also.

AussieATC
02-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Thanks so much guys ill let you know if I fix the problem.

-Alex

AussieATC
02-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know any places that ship parts to Australia?

-Alex

barnett468
02-18-2013, 06:40 AM

-Alex

It depends on what you want to ship. small parts can easily be shipped by any private party or business if they want. if its a bike or something large than try california shipping in anaheim california. find them online.

kb0nly
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM

-Alex

There is a few sellers on ebay that have the clutch parts you need that ship international, otherwise i am not sure on other businesses.

Howdy
02-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I ship international for established forum members. But all I have are used parts at the moment.
Howdy

AussieATC
02-19-2013, 05:27 AM
Thanks guys but I totally forgot I have 2 spare 200es engines lying around one has been hardly used and the other is fairly beaten up... I should be able to get the clutch parts from them.

-Alex

kebby28
02-19-2013, 06:59 AM
So I just went back to ebay and did a search with sx in it and found a brand new set for $80.... nice :)

trike savior
02-19-2013, 10:22 PM
if your in austrailia i heard from local dealer here that there was a guy in australia that has one of the largest atc parts inventories in the world. was told he bought tons of parts as dealers got rid of and has atc boneyard. i was told he has website that ships anywhere. unfortunately the name escapes me but im sure you can find it if u do some searching. if you find it please let us know. ill see if i can find name or call dealer to see if guy who told me still works there.

kb0nly
02-19-2013, 11:08 PM
if your in austrailia i heard from local dealer here that there was a guy in australia that has one of the largest atc parts inventories in the world. was told he bought tons of parts as dealers got rid of and has atc boneyard. i was told he has website that ships anywhere. unfortunately the name escapes me but im sure you can find it if u do some searching. if you find it please let us know. ill see if i can find name or call dealer to see if guy who told me still works there.

If he ships anywhere i gotta know... I bet he has some stuff i need also then.