PDA

View Full Version : BIG RED OR 4 Wheeler

218honda110
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
I know were to get a big red 250 3 wheeler, and ive been looking for a 4 wheeler whaqt do you think i should get the 4 wheeler is a 350 honda 4x4 pretty much the same as the big red but 4 wheels.

fabiodriven
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
You're really going to ask us that?

BigRedRider85
02-18-2013, 11:16 AM
LOL...skaking my head....

kb0nly
02-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Three wheels better than four, but then your audience is pretty biased.... How much?

90guy
02-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Well this question should be asked at an atv forum. We are really biased on the things of 3.

trike savior
02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
i agree, wrong place to look for unbiased answer
anyone can ride four wheels, takes a real man to ride 3

KI4UJO
02-18-2013, 09:23 PM
They make ATV's with 4 wheels?

kebby28
02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Three wheelers can go anywhere. No need for trails, just head out in the woods and go... More convenient to hop on and go. I prefer a Three wheeler falling on top of me rather than a four... Like when I was young climbing sandpits and coming down backwards....

flatfender
02-19-2013, 12:55 AM
You just have to ride both to decide. Four wheel drive may give the ultimate in traction but only when all four wheels have traction. In the slow going technical stuff three wheels will always keep all three wheels planted on the ground like a three legged milking stool. The two rear drive wheels will always have full vehicle weight and ultimately traction. Three wheelers are All Terrain Cycles and can be ridden as such to negotiate around obstacles or getting back on the climbing line. Four wheelers can't be tipped onto a two wheel posture to decrease the turning radius. If none of this interests you then might I sugjest you buy what you like whether you're riding it or not.

barnett468
02-19-2013, 07:39 AM
hello

Wow that was brutaaal, do you need a tourniquet to stop the bleeding after the beating you are taking? lol At least they were honest and told you they were biased and they did "tell you where to go".

Luckily for you I am probably one of the least biased people here. I professionally raced 3 wheelers and a suzuki quad and also worked at Kawi for years engineering and testing all kawi atv's and compared many to the test Hondas we bought for comaprison. I also like both brands.

Flatfender gave you the best comparison so far. I would add this though. If you are an inexperienced rider or older rider and/or just want to put around and never ride hard and fast then buy the quad. They are like a 4 wheel drive truck, slow, heavy and sure. With just a little practice a 3 wheeler can easily be ridden faster over rough terrain than a 4 wheel drive quad. If you have a high performance racing quad then the difference between the two is much smaller.

The simple fact that you are asking this question and considering a 4 wheel drive suggests to me that in your case you may be better off with the quad. If you get bored with going slow you can easily ebay it and buy a 3 wheeler then so it's not the end of the world whatever you do. A good 3 wheeler is easy to come by a good 4 wheel drive quad is much more difficult. Either are probably just as easy to sell.

What exact quad are you looking at?

hope this helps.

BiggDogg
02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm the only one out of my group of friends who's prefers 3 wheels over 4. I just wish I had more 3 wheelers. My quad just sits in waiting for long atv trips. for everyday running and playing in the woods. I much rather have my 3 wheels

davidvi
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
i would like 4wd

Maniac76
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Somebody needs to invent a 3 wheel drive lol

90guy
02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Somebody needs to invent a 3 wheel drive lol
I agree maybe make it more like theo Rokon trailbike lol.

mooseknuckle
02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Big red gets my vote, andyes,I am totally bias!