PDA

View Full Version : Victory!! Minnesota Democrats abandon gun control legislation

Scootertrash
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I want to say thank you to all those who called, mailed and emailed their reps about this, and a special thanks to those who showed up to the public hearings 2 weeks ago. I wasn't able to make it, but I was told by some who attended the hearings that the anti-gunners where VASTLY outnumbered.

Make no mistake, this attack on our freedoms will return.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/02/gun-control-doa-in-minnesota.php

The Minnesota Senate will not act to ban assault weapons or high-capacity ammunition clips [sic] this year, a DFL leader said Monday.

Sen. Ron Latz, DFL-St. Louis Park, who is chairing the Senate’s gun hearings this week, said he will focus on closing the loopholes in background checks and leave the issue of banning weapons or ammunition to Congress.

“The assault weapons ban and high-capacity magazine ban proposals are highly divisive,” said Latz, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Legions of concerned gun owners turned out for three days of hearings on gun issues last week, and Latz said such bans also do not have strong support from law enforcement.

kb0nly
02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
From what i heard the anti-gun people were outnumbered at least 4-1 at the public hearings. No surprise there.

hatc200x1
02-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Good!!!!!!!!!

Scootertrash
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
They are still going to try to close the "gunshow loophole", which is a joke. I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear in the future. ;)