PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about the mud flaps??

ColtonGG33
02-27-2013, 06:52 PM
A couple days ago I did a wheelie on my 225dx and the mud flaps are so old that when I went the hole way back it just split all of them so now the rear mud flaps are just waving in the air an look so ugly, my question is do u think I should just take em off or leave them on ? Will it look stupid with them off ?
Any help would be great

M.Pargiello
02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
First thing I would do is take them off then look at it. You should be able to make a decision from there. We can't tell you if you will like it, I think some models look good without them, and some just look odd without them

ColtonGG33
02-28-2013, 02:58 AM
I would do that but the bolts are completely rusted so I have to get a utility knife and cut it off, dang it now I don't know what to do? Could I get a torch and heat up the part where the plastics curve and bend it up will that work?

trike savior
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
id vut the nuts off on the back side with a dremel and a reinforced cut off wheel. you can always get new hardware at ace. i suggest not cheaping when buying new hardware. use stainless that way if you still have the bike 20yrs down the road it will come apart